I'm watching all these reviews online about the passport and I've come to the conclusion that most tech editors out there are lazy isheep, just like most consumers.

People pull the passport right out of the box and are immediately comparing it to other phones on the market now, or, they're comparing them to other BlackBerry phones.

The passport has no basis of comparison whatsoever. So watching all these editors give a half assed opinion of the passport is an exercise in tolerance for stupidity.

I don't even know why half these editors are doing a passport review when they don't even know what they're holding in their hand or why it exists. It's not supposed to "bring BlackBerry back" and it's not supposed to compete with iphone or android. Take the device for what it is and write a proper damn review.
    09-29-14 11:28 PM
    Answer to the question...nothing.

Z30 144GB
    09-29-14 11:31 PM
    There's been a few very objective reviews posted on /r/blackberry. I'm sure there are still some actual journalists left.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 11:35 PM

People pull the passport right out of the box and are immediately comparing it to other phones on the market now, or, they're comparing them to other BlackBerry phones.
    Using competing, established products as a frame of reference isn't that insane.
    09-29-14 11:46 PM
    OK as much as I agree with you that as of late, BlackBerry hasn't been getting much love with the media. Most are based on unfound assumptions or sheer ignorance. However another thing I equally hate is people here calling those who use Apple products as sheep. Of course many people use Apple products because they are solid devices with a great ecosystem. And before you leap to the conclusion that I am an isheep, I am typing this on a passport.

Another thing to consider, you are using a phone which until 2011, was the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world with the most users. So who is the sheep now?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 11:46 PM
    There's been a few very objective reviews posted on /r/blackberry. I'm sure there are still some actual journalists left.

Posted via CB10
    But how do you tell an objective review from a biased one? If it's negative it's automatically biased? Trust me, the Passport isn't the only really different device that has come out before. There are plenty of bizarre devices that get reviewed as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:07 AM
    Actually, a lot of the tech reviewers are lazy sheep (not just specifically apple sheep) and don't do a very good job of reviewing products. And then there are the biased ones that know nothing about BlackBerry and still post articles. As bad as they are, I would say that the sales people at carrier stores are even worse as they point customers to products that they use.

And not everybody on this site was using a blackberry in 2011. I know that I wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:10 AM
    They're all sheep because they criticise BlackBerry... except for Crackberry editors, they're definitely unbiased because they love BlackBerry. I mean, WPcentra' and iMore may criticise their OS's from time to time, and the Verge may criticise iOS and Apple at times, but they're all steeple because they don't bow to the awesomeness that is the passport
    09-30-14 07:16 AM
    I would like to see an editor compare the file management, email attachments and multi tasking between apps on all four of the platforms. Do a fair review on that.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-30-14 07:35 AM
    09-30-14 07:36 AM
    Well look at this site.
    Everyone is guilty of being biased to some degree

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-30-14 07:51 AM
    This is a forum! We're discussing things amongst ourselves! We're not "officially reviewing" products for anyone and no one is taken our "word" as "official."

Many average consumers look to these so called editors for guidance and information and they aren't getting the best reporting because most editors that review products just suck at their job.
    09-30-14 07:57 AM
    I don't understand why people don't think that the Passport can't be compared to anything. It's not anything that's a truly new form factor and it's not anything special because of it...it's a PHONE, and of course it is competing with Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone. It's not like BlackBerry is creating an entirely new market. The phone is competing mainly in the enterprise market. There are phones there today. The argument is whether it can do things better than the competition. BlackBerry is trying to say that the Passport is a better way. There's always competition.
    09-30-14 09:40 AM
    So other than most Crackberry forum participants, is there any group that aren't sheep in your opinion?
    09-30-14 09:49 AM
    Believe it or not... Not all people praise BB. Reality is... The fan base here in crackberry are basically the ones who love BB, the rest of the world has moved on and care very little about any innovations that come out of here.
    Especially now that BB has said the heck with consumers, we are enterprise only.... They aren't going to gain much love offering a device that isn't well rounded.
    mikeo007, ajst222, m1a1mg and 3 others like this.
    09-30-14 02:28 PM
    The premise of this thread is absurd. "How dare anyone compare the Passport to the iPhone/Galaxy/Q10 etc? *shakes fist*" You realize that there are constant comparisons between the Passport and other phones on Crackberry as well? The people on here usually end up concluding that the Passport is better at this or that, but it is a comparison nonetheless.

What makes you think the Passport is so otherworldly that any comparison between it and other phones is unwarranted? Is the Passport the first square phone? Is it the first phone targeted at businesses? Is it the first phone with a keyboard? Because it's none of those.
    09-30-14 03:13 PM
    The premise of this thread is absurd. "How dare anyone compare the Passport to the iPhone/Galaxy/Q10 etc? *shakes fist*" You realize that there are constant comparisons between the Passport and other phones on Crackberry as well? The people on here usually end up concluding that the Passport is better at this or that, but it is a comparison nonetheless.

What makes you think the Passport is so otherworldly that any comparison between it and other phones is unwarranted? Is the Passport the first square phone? Is it the first phone targeted at businesses? Is it the first phone with a keyboard? Because it's none of those.
    It's funny how tech writers can't compare the Passport to anything else but BlackBerry themselves (and those on this forum) can. With the whole "Work Wide" thing on BlackBerry's site...that's a comparison. They are saying that the big square screen is better than what's the norm. Tech writers are kind of saying the opposite, and just because they're comparison is negative, they're wrong and can't do it anymore?

Members all talk about how much better the Passport is, but how can you determine that without comparing it...? I guarantee if tech reviewers were all saying in unison that the Passport form factor and screen are clearly superior there wouldn't be this thread. It goes both ways. I just don't understand how people say it can't be compared to anything else. It just makes no sense.
    10-01-14 06:41 AM
    It's a smartphone. Tons to compare it too.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    10-01-14 07:01 AM
    Tech editors aren't sheep but they do tend to be a tad myopic. I would love to see a video comparison of the three os where the exact same function is performed with limited commentary so I could decide which I like better without spending three grand on devices.
    Passport is not in a field of its own and should be compared to everything. Let the experience speak for itself.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:14 AM
    OP has a valid point....ya it will draw some form of criticism as it is referencing Apple and isheep. But I am sure he knew then as he put his thoughts on paper so to speak. Why valid.....Here is a typical Passport review on TV. "What's that?"

"Oh this is BlackBerry's latest attempt to stave off bankruptcy."

"But it's square! What the heck were they thinking"

"I know can you believe it? No one wants this!"

"And it comes with a keypad....who wants that?"

Blah......blah.....ha ha ha.....blah blah blah.....ha ha ha......go on for another 10 minutes.

"Can you believe it doesn't play Netflix or Candy Crush?".

"I know....when is BlackBerry going to get its consumer devices correct? ".

"By the way did you get the new iphone6....?"

"It's on order and I hope it arrives soon. My 5s is cracked, like my 4 was, but at least repairs are cheap because everyone has one. And I am sure the 6 is stronger because it's Apple and they just keep inventing and getting better. I can't wait for it to arrive. It's such a great device I just love it! Oh and Apple Pay......can't wait. I don't know how to buy a coffee yet, but once I get my iphone 6.....well I am sure Apple pays the bill right?"

"OMG I am so bloody excited I have to excuse myself......be back in 5".

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:56 AM
    OP has a valid point....ya it will draw some form of criticism as it is referencing Apple and isheep. But I am sure he knew then as he put his thoughts on paper so to speak. Why valid.....Here is a typical Passport review on TV. "What's that?"

"Oh this is BlackBerry's latest attempt to stave off bankruptcy."

"But it's square! What the heck were they thinking"

"I know can you believe it? No one wants this!"

"And it comes with a keypad....who wants that?"

Blah......blah.....ha ha ha.....blah blah blah.....ha ha ha......go on for another 10 minutes.

"Can you believe it doesn't play Netflix or Candy Crush?".

"I know....when is BlackBerry going to get its consumer devices correct? ".

"By the way did you get the new iphone6....?"

"It's on order and I hope it arrives soon. My 5s is cracked, like my 4 was, but at least repairs are cheap because everyone has one. And I am sure the 6 is stronger because it's Apple and they just keep inventing and getting better. I can't wait for it to arrive. It's such a great device I just love it! Oh and Apple Pay......can't wait. I don't know how to buy a coffee yet, but once I get my iphone 6.....well I am sure Apple pays the bill right?"

"OMG I am so bloody excited I have to excuse myself......be back in 5".

Posted via CB10
    Or Instagram, Vine, Tumblr, Microsoft office, Google docs, Dropbpx, Mailbox, Google hangouts...
    Yup. Rectangles are old school, lets just throw in random shapes for the hell of it.
    You can reinvent the wheel as much as you like, still needs to be round though
    10-01-14 11:07 AM
    Or Instagram, Vine, Tumblr, Microsoft office, Google docs, Dropbpx, Mailbox, Google hangouts...
    Yup. Rectangles are old school, lets just throw in random shapes for the hell of it.
    You can reinvent the wheel as much as you like, still needs to be round though
    But a square is a rectangle

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    10-01-14 11:39 AM
    This don't apply to everyone but I laugh at most people on crackberry that use the term isheep and are serious. Might need to take a hard look look in the mirror. It's just a phone. It's time to grow up

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:43 AM
    I'm watching all these reviews online about the passport and I've come to the conclusion that most tech editors out there are lazy isheep, just like most consumers.

The passport has no basis of comparison whatsoever. So watching all these editors give a half assed opinion of the passport is an exercise in tolerance for stupidity.

I don't even know why half these editors are doing a passport review when they don't even know what they're holding in their hand or why it exists. It's not supposed to "bring BlackBerry back" and it's not supposed to compete with iphone or android. Take the device for what it is and write a proper damn review.
    Reviews posted on this site are a definition of biased reviews, a review with no Cons like the device is perfect..yeah right
    darkehawke likes this.
    10-01-14 12:11 PM
    Reviews posted on this site are a definition of biased reviews, a review with no Cons like the device is perfect..yeah right
    It's a fan site. Not a neutral site like say Engadget. Which btw reviews on this site has cons too

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-01-14 12:43 PM
34 12