10-11-10 02:35 AM
37 12
tools
    What makes you stay with your blackberry and not switch?
    10-09-10 03:56 AM
    Nothing. I'd switch if I liked something better.
    However, I do love the ease of communication, the OS, especially 6, the feel of it in my hand, the size, the fact that it does everything I want, the battery life, and the user replaceable battery.
    10-09-10 04:10 AM
    lol idk i'm still using my 8320- would jump ship if tmo got something really good.
    10-09-10 04:54 AM
    They are great devices at messaging and communicating. The keyboard and the battery life along with the sound profiles and led light are what keep me here. I had an Incredible but realized what that I was more efficient on my BlackBerry with what I wanted to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 05:26 AM
    Physical keyboard, battery life, removable battery, familiarity, looks, ease of transferring info to new BB, scared of change.

10-09-10 08:20 AM
    I'm trying an android based device next time out. I'll give it 29 days and see if I like it better. I like BB6 and it's given new life to my Bold, but there's nothing really making me stay.
    10-09-10 08:40 AM
    It's easy for me to keep in contact with my g/f over bbm. simple as that really. I like the OS but I have no qualms in switching to nokia or some variant like the sony mini x10 if that wasn't the case.. I really prefer physical keys and thats a big plus with blackberry (why i would never go iphone plus I dont give a crap about having a huge library of apps or itunes). More screen real estate doesn't bother me (handy yes) but I hardly use my phone to browse the internet. I have a netbook/laptop for that sort of thing.
    10-09-10 08:49 AM
    For me, nothing now that android has email push from gmail, hotmail, and yahoo.

I'm on an android device that has a physical keyboard currently although swype is faster to type with using the touch screen only.

I started with an 8330 and after the Tour came out, I got that because it had a better screen, more memory, and was cdma rev a capable. I didn't stay with it because of some issues, including random freezing for as long as a minute at a time with or without the spinning clock icon, long reboot times (up to 16min on the original and around 12 with the refurb), and I just wasn't satisfied with it. One reason I got the Droid 2 this time around instead of the Bold was the fact that to buy the Bold, would to buy the hardware from the Tour all over again with a bit more memory, wifi, and trackpad.

Another reason I didn't stay was I was frustrated with BIS. With my android I never get truncated emails, and I can browse through the folders in my email boxes without needing to log into the mobile webpages to do it like you would on BIS or find an app to allow it. If they made BIS with the same functionality regarding email as BES has, I would have had a much harder time leaving BB.

BBM was a great feature but groups continually made my device lag, which frustrated me greatly. It also killed the battery when someone joined one of the more popular groups due to the flurry of data it had to send/receive for some unknown reason. Great, but not very well thought out feature.

For what it's worth, I get similar battery life on my Droid 2 that I got with my Tour when comparing stock battery to stock battery or extended to extended. I still had to charge my Tour around mid-afternoon when using it in a similar manner/amount as my D2, both on the extended.

If RIM makes changes to finally improve the BIS email experience, advances the hardware and generally improves the BB experience, I'll definitely consider coming back.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-09-10 at 09:37 AM.
    10-09-10 09:28 AM
    I'm just comfortable with my bb for now.....while i would not have a problem considering another phone (android presently) id prefer to stick with what i know.
    10-09-10 09:48 AM
    Just keeping it for the ease of communication, battery life, and keyboard. Just got a 4th gen ipod touch so it makes a perfect combination.

10-09-10 10:40 AM
    I've decided Im tempted to move to the motorola defy coming to tmo.

that is all
    10-09-10 10:45 AM
    Nothing beats the BlackBerry as a platform for communication. The app design, the integration, the workflow... nothing even comes close. Add a great keyboard, great battery life, solid multitasking and configurability and the Torch is the best smartphone on the market.

In my opinion, Android shows promise but isn't there yet and platform fragmentation (and all the bloatware that manufacturers install) are cause for concern. The iPhone is the best hardware out there but the OS platform simply doesn't offer the power and customization available on BlackBerry OS6.

Obviously all three platforms offer something people want or they wouldn't be selling like they are. It's just a matter of finding the one that works best for you.
    10-09-10 10:55 AM
    However, I do love the ease of communication, the OS, especially 6, the feel of it in my hand, the size, the fact that it does everything I want, the battery life, and the user replaceable battery.
    This^

Once me contract ends, I will see what is out and if I like another phone/platform, then I will try it..through Tmobile, I get 14 days...grrrr, still enough time to decide IMO rather or not I will like it, just got to pay the re-stocking fee...so wish it was 30 days though.

Really liking some Andriod devices that are coming out....G2 looks real good and now has UMA lite, which should suffice for me...and I need UMA...still have a year left with 9700 and love this phone, best one to date! Hoping I get this lucky next time, granted went through 2 older Andriods to get to this one.

I am not loyal to a certain company as much as love my phone and this site, I get what suites me the best.

10-09-10 10:58 AM
    Simplicity, Keyboard, and the fact that a majority of my friends have BBs now as well so BBM is real useful.
    10-09-10 12:07 PM
    It's simple to use, great for messaging and communication. It just works and does what it's supposed to do.
    10-09-10 12:28 PM
    The battery life and keyboard.
    I had an Android, the applications were cool but I never used most of them besides Facebook and Twitter, which I can do on my Blackberry.
    That's why I came back from Android, and because of the horrible battery life.

Also, the moment when I take out my phone and I hear "Oh, you have a Blackberry."
    10-09-10 12:35 PM
    Highly efficient to use (not overly animated like androids/iPhone)
    More data on screen than any other phone(yes, even on my tiny screen)
    Small physical size
    I dislike touch screens
    Opposition does not offer substantially more
    Last edited by VeryBumpy; 10-09-10 at 12:42 PM.
    10-09-10 12:40 PM
    these are some great points. for me the competition hasnt come out with something that I would want to switch to. i had the iphone 3g and i just couldnt handle the touch keypad and its notification system. so i came back to the 9700
    10-09-10 02:54 PM
    The contract and I like my Berry.

10-09-10 03:40 PM
    Ditto!!

10 char
    10-09-10 03:56 PM
    Simplicity, Main communication portal, Access to all work related info.

Battery and phone size.

It just works.
    10-09-10 03:58 PM
    ...It just works.
    That about sums it up for me
    I've tried all the OS's long term, but at the end of the day BlackBerry has the overall package I want. Runner up: android. I'm keeping my eye on them

10-09-10 04:13 PM
    3 letters... BBM.
    10-09-10 04:50 PM
    I work in a firm that uses Exchange/BES to keep everything straight, but using a BlackBerry is not mandated. I prefer it because it works, it is stable, the stock battery lasts longer than any other device that is available, and I can do what I need with it. The only non RIM software I use on it is the Kindle app for reading e-books and Opera for the few sites that don't play well with the standard BlackBerry browser.

The battery life is probably the biggest advantage, though not having to continually reboot the device is good, especially considering how long it takes most any smart phone to boot these days.
    10-09-10 05:48 PM
    It works, and works well.

I was content with my OS5 BB, but now moving to OS6 I am very happy.

Unfortunately all of my complaints about my Blackberry, none of the other smartphones on the market come close to addressing, so BB is just the best option for me
    10-09-10 06:04 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD