Well if the competition is 500% faster then yes, I think we should be concerned.
    (And I hear some people on the forums claiming they boot in 35 seconds, if anyone can post a video of it, I would be very thankful)
    Last edited by jason9900; 10-26-14 at 02:50 AM.
    12-09-13 02:56 AM
    I think the difference is that the BlackBerry actually turns off, whereas the Galaxy goes into a low power state.
    Happy if anyone can correct me on this!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 03:09 AM
    Well, rebooting after battery pull isn't faster with android.
    Just grab a device where you can swap the battery and try yourself!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 03:15 AM
    Takes mine a out the same time to load up, but if I try to access any apps or even go to the hub to see/respond to my msgs, my phone will start freezing like crazy..

When I restart my phone I have to leave it alone for about 10 minutes or else I can't even use it properly

Posted via CB10
    GCPHOTO likes this.
    12-09-13 03:21 AM
    My Z10 takes only 1 minute 23 seconds to boot up from a battery pull. Not sure why yours takes longer, but happy with the start up for mine. I know Androids boot up faster, but for the actual times that I may have to reboot from scratch or do a battery pull this is a once in a blue moon occasion for me, so even if it did take over 2 and a half minutes to reboot then this would not be a major problem.

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    12-09-13 03:29 AM
    I just powered my Z10 down and removed the battery.
    I then reassembled it and powered on.
    It was fully booted in 1 min. 21 seconds.
    The first thing I checked was the hub, which had fully loaded.. then I came back here

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 03:31 AM
    My Z10 takes only 1 minute 23 seconds to boot up from a battery pull. Not sure why yours takes longer, but happy with the start up for mine. I know Androids boot up faster, but for the actual times that I may have to reboot from scratch or do a battery pull this is a once in a blue moon occasion for me, so even if it did take over 2 and a half minutes to reboot then this would not be a major problem.

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    I reckon that's a photo-finish with mine then

Posted via CB10
    knighty2112 likes this.
    12-09-13 03:40 AM
    I haven't spent the time testing myself, but does anyone know if the load time for the hub is dependent on how many messages you have synced? I have work accounts, school accounts, and personal accounts on my phone. A few of which I have set to sync for all time. This means I have several thousand emails and messages synced to my phone. Sometimes I feel it takes a long time for the hub to set up, but really all my other apps are good to go as soon as the phone starts so I can just go to BBM or FB or something else while I wait for the hub.
    12-09-13 05:17 AM
    I haven't spent the time testing myself, but does anyone know if the load time for the hub is dependent on how many messages you have synced? I have work accounts, school accounts, and personal accounts on my phone. A few of which I have set to sync for all time. This means I have several thousand emails and messages synced to my phone. Sometimes I feel it takes a long time for the hub to set up, but really all my other apps are good to go as soon as the phone starts so I can just go to BBM or FB or something else while I wait for the hub.
    Yes, same here. The more accounts/mails you have the longer the hub takes to initialize.

But the hub is not the BlackBerry 10 OS. So you can't compare that to android.

Posted via CB10
    blusls likes this.
    12-09-13 05:44 AM

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    With the hub fully loaded?
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-09-13 08:33 AM
    With the hub fully loaded?
    Yea I find that time kind of hard to believe to be honest......

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:36 AM
    12-09-13 08:36 AM
    I thought I read somewhere that it takes so long because it is checking to see if the OS you are running isn't compromised.

Posted with my Q10!
    12-09-13 08:55 AM
    Well, rebooting after battery pull isn't faster with android.
    Just grab a device where you can swap the battery and try yourself!

Posted via CB10
    I do it all the time because I sometimes swap SIM between my S4 and my Z10. Usually I put the SIM in the Z10, replace the battery and let it start to boot, I then open the S4, put the other SIM in the S4 and replace that battery then turn it on and the S4 still boots faster although the Z10 got a head start.
    12-09-13 08:58 AM
    its slower to boot than most smartphones, its not horrendous though but i could see how annoying itd get if you have bad battery life on your z10 and need to swap batteries especially when the hub takes a further minute to initiate.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqcxdm4MnbM

Donvald likes this.
    12-09-13 10:39 AM
    It takes 3-4 minutes for my phone to fully startup with the Hub included (excluded about 1 and a half minute)
    Not too bad, but not good either
    Sometimes I swap batteries and I really need it booted up a little faster to send a mail or something and always end up waiting for the Hub to finish booting up

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 10:52 AM
    It takes 3-4 minutes for my phone to fully startup with the Hub included (excluded about 1 and a half minute)
    Not too bad, but not good either
    Sometimes I swap batteries and I really need it booted up a little faster to send a mail or something and always end up waiting for the Hub to finish booting up

Posted via CB10
    You know what I think 3-4 minutes is bad though. In this day and age when other phones can do it way faster.
    Donvald likes this.
    12-09-13 11:00 AM
    Yea it takes about a minute for mine (Z10) to actually boot, and then another minute or two for the HUB and media to load and be usable. It was annoying to go through because my Z10 was randomly rebooting.
    12-09-13 11:01 AM
    Mine just took 4 minutes and 20 seconds to reboot and load everything.

It isn't just the HUB that is being loaded, you also can not access media files or documents during the "post startup" period. I understand having to rebuild an SD card file "inventory"... but it seems like there should be a way for the device to know that the card hasn't changed. And that doesn't explain why you can't access contacts during this period.
    Toodeurep and earlym like this.
    12-09-13 11:02 AM
    Mine took 3 minutes from being off after a shut down, pressing on, and until the hub was loaded. Way too long. Whats an iPhone 40 seconds?
    12-09-13 11:18 AM
    Mine took 3 minutes from being off after a shut down, pressing on, and until the hub was loaded. Way too long. Whats an iPhone 40 seconds?
    Mine just took 21.336 seconds.

32GB iPhone 5S.
    12-09-13 11:26 AM
    Bb10 goes through secure boot and preboots certain functionality

Bb10 is designed for minimal rebooting. It is very seldom that one needs to boot up the system.

Posted via CB10
    DiegoV_G and Ben1232 like this.
    12-09-13 11:30 AM
    Yeah, it takes my Q5 at least 1-2 minutes to boot and be fully functional.
    It is probably just the hub. It will depend on how many accounts you have on it.
    I found that on my Androids it booted up fast but was not fully functional for at least another minute anyways.
    Boot up time does not really matter unless you are in dire need your phone at that moment, or it takes 10 minutes to boot.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 11:30 AM
    Yeah, it takes my Q5 at least 1-2 minutes to boot and be fully functional.
    I found that on my Androids it booted up fast but was not fully functional for at least another minute anyways.
    Boot up time does not really matter unless you are in dire need your phone at that moment, or it takes 10 minutes to boot.

Posted via CB10
    Which device is this? My Galaxy Nexus is usable as soon as I leave the lock screen after it is booted. Everything is fully functional besides some widgets that may be pulling in data. Most of the time the data is there anyways.
    Donvald likes this.
    12-09-13 11:35 AM
    Seriously to those who know the software better then I do, what makes BB10 so freakin slow booting up? I knew it was slow, but I never knew just how slow until I timed it today. From putting in my battery to the time Hub was up and running (the phone is useless without hub) it took me 2 minutes 50.4seconds. In this time I can restart and reboot a galaxy S4 around 5 times! So why is it so slow?

And you may ask, why are you complaining about something that happens such little amounts of time, or is waiting 3 minutes really that long?
    Well if the competition is 500% faster then yes, I think we should be concerned.
    (And I hear some people on the forums claiming they boot in 35 seconds, if anyone can post a video of it, I would be very thankful)
    OK. Who really cares. I have rebooted by BB10 devices less than three times in over a year, so what it the big deal?
    12-09-13 11:39 AM
327 123 ...