I'm asking an honest question here. I mean what's the difference between the messenger and smsing someone? Same thing basically right???

Pardon my newbiness
    05-26-08 07:30 PM
    BB msg doesn't use data, but it only works with other BB's...
    05-26-08 07:36 PM
    It's BBM is free and uses the data plan that you already pay for instead of txts that you would have to get a separate plan for. So if you have a lot of friends with BBs than it's great but if not I can see why you would not care for BBM. But you are right it is basically the same thing as txting someone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 07:38 PM
    Ok thanks, because I was wondering. I do have unlimited txt msging w/ sprint as part of my BB service....I guess not everyone does though so in that case I'd just IM them
    Last edited by kbastic; 05-26-08 at 07:44 PM. Reason: added txt
    05-26-08 07:43 PM
    Plus, I like that you can see when the message has been delivered, when it's been read, and when the person writes back
    05-26-08 07:45 PM
    I like it because you can actually send pictures and voice messages to people on messenger.
    05-26-08 07:45 PM
    You can also send files, via bb msgr..
    05-26-08 07:54 PM
    Its a nice feature. Me and the wife both have BB and dont want to pay for unlimited text plan. We us messenger to chat while we are both at work plus i use it to send quick pics of are 7 month old baby boy when shes havin a bad day at work and needs some cheering up. Thats the part the wife loves the most out of the messenger.
    05-26-08 08:33 PM
    in my experience being able to see when a message is sent/checked is awesome
    i also like the fact that someone can send a pic and i can view it w/o actually having to dl it to my phone
    also since its only bb people the convo is that much better
    05-26-08 08:38 PM
    also since its only bb people the convo is that much better
    LOL too funny

I also have unlimited picture mail but I'm really beginning to realize that not everyone has all these things I do included in their BB plans....interesting.

Well I do see the advantage to knowing when the message was read. That's pretty cool
    05-26-08 08:45 PM
    yes as a sprint user its great to have bb messenger, the only place on my bb i can send pics without hassles or shortcuts lol
    05-26-08 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD