04-22-08 03:36 PM
97 1234
tools
    Edit.......
    Last edited by Jamdiver; 07-16-08 at 03:21 PM. Reason: EDIT
    11-30-07 11:09 AM
    opened my own staffing business and need to be able to send & receive emails at all times
    11-30-07 11:46 AM
    I've a couple of smartphones for the last couple of years and started to receive more text messages and got tired of the keyboard on them, did my research and a friend at work brought a curve and want me to show her how to use it, been hooked ever since
    11-30-07 03:29 PM
    I'm a reformed Treo650 (PalmOS) user. I had my Treo ALL tricked out and working exactly the way I wanted to. Had been with Verizon almost 11 years, never had a lick of trouble with them (that I can remember, so it couldn't have been that bad). BF was on Cingular/AT&T, and we were burning up the minutes. My contract was up first, so I started looking at their devices. Was going to get the 8525, but found out that they didn't have integrated NAV. The 8800 was the only device that had NAV without having to get a puck, so I got it. Was hooked from the first. Liked it so much, a month later, I got the red Pearl (yes, I have TWO bbs!!!!)
    11-30-07 04:27 PM
    I switched to BB after getting burned out with my Treo700p. Much like DbyaEl, I had my Treo setup the way I wanted it but would freeze up and reset periodically without warning and on basic functions like answering the phone. So, after trimming down on hacks 3rd party software with the same glitches, I gave up the good fight and shifted over BB. So far, I think that this will be a good move both now and going forward. I will be looking forward to Docs2Go for BB as it would be nice to be able to download and save attachments to a media card. Similarly, it will be nice to see Agendus, 3rd party PIM manager, come to BB as the basic PIM functions are kinda lame. Irrefutably functional but definitely not "fun". All said, this is a good move and reminiscent of Palm in their early days.
    12-01-07 01:49 PM
    Im just curious.

I had a T-Mo Sidekick III and it was blah. It was weak in all areas. It sucked up the battery like a escalade sucks up gas. the thing was buggy and the net was ultra slow due to the weak processor on the phone. comparing EDGE data usage to both phones..the BB Curve dominated it. Even its screen was craddy and pixelated. Thanks to this site i switched to the Curve and all is good in my world!

so how you bout you peoples here?

This is basically my story. I've had my sidekick 3 for alittle over a year. At first it was pretty cool, it was the first phone I had with a qwerty keyboard (I text and message far more than I talk on the actual phone) and having internet capability was definitely a big plus. And I also got a good deal on the sidekick but after about a month of using it. I seriously hated it. It was bulky, it tended to dial out by accident while in my pocket and it had the most unreliable reception. I've just about had it and I looked into the blackberry curve and played around with it at the t-mobile store. Needless to say it was love at first sight. The fact that you can download 3rd party apps, video capability, wifi and just the sleekness of the curve made the sidekick 3 look mickey mouse. I became a freebasing crackberry addict!!!
    04-16-08 12:50 AM
    I had the Blade for a little over 2 years. It was a good phone; actually, all of my Samsung phones have been so good to me. Honestly, even though it was pretty banged up from being dropped so many times, there was moisture inside the screen after a trip to Orcas Island, and the text message memory was mysteriously slipping, I was totally content with it. It was when I saw a pink Palm Centro back in February that I started to think about renewing my contract with Sprint by upgrading my phone. I loved the Centro ... But I wasn't impressed by the dated-looking OS, 1 alarm, and no GPS. I saw the BlackBerry Pearl a few phones away and played around with it. At first, I was turned off by SureType, and that was the main thing I had against getting the Pearl. But after spending a few hours at the Sprint store playing around with both phones, plus spending hours reading up on what others said, and of course, making a pros and cons spreadsheet, I chose the BB. Loved the OS, the fact it was GPS-enabled, the size, and so much more. It was my first smart phone purchase and I'm glad I got it. (=

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 01:30 AM
    Full keyboard, email accessibility were the main points for me...

The look of the Curve got me hooked above all over smart phones too.
    04-16-08 01:34 AM
    I had a T-Mobile Dash but it became ultra buggy and slow.
    Of course, it could have been because of all the 3rd party
    programs I added but even after rebooting with original
    programs, it was still choppy. I also didn't like the fact that
    while calling a certain phone number, another contacts name
    would be on the screen. Wasn't too assuring of who I was REALLY calling.
    And last, my screen went out a few times. I could still call but the
    screen went black. If I took the media card out and then back in or messed
    with it a bit, it would work again but all those combined made me
    get the Curve. Plus, I had been fantasizing about a Blackberry for awhile.
    04-16-08 02:04 AM
    I had a SideKick 3 and my sister wanted it so bad so I ended up giving it to her and trying out the Blackberry 8800 which Im glad I did!
    04-16-08 07:11 AM
    Lol this thread made me realize just how far i've come into the blackberry world, when this thread started i had just recent converted to bb and was unsure if I was happy about the switch. Now i couldn't imagine using anything else. I'm glad i came to my senses
    This was my orginal post, boy how my thoughts have changed

*brownieangel23 - Hey all, I'm a new bb user. I made the switch from the moto Q. I'm not sure I'm happy or not about the switch. My bb is great b/c its gives me thing I like such as push email, AIM, and way longer battery life. However by switching I lost things like my media player, custom ringtone (which I was so upset about when I found out my bb doesn't have). I also missed my expanded memory slot. I know my bb is not the most up to date, but I refuse to pay sprint $650 (still under contract) for the newest one.Overall I'm pretty happy with my bb.

04-16-08 07:18 AM
    I had a Motorola Razr with T-Mobile and loved it, but I ended up quitting my job when I was 17 (never work at WalMart) and ended up obviously not being able to pay the bill. So my mom renewed her contract with US Cellular and added a line for me. The phone my mom chose was the red Krzr. While most people loved the Krzr, it was a piece of crap. I despised that phone, so I started looking on EBay for a used Razr. Then I noticed that the Razr's were selling for MORE than Blackberries. So I researched into it and decided I definitely wanted a qwerty model. At US Cellular you don't have the coolest newest Blackberries to choose from, but my 8703e is perfect. I'll upgrade eventually, but for now as a Blackberry user I couldn't be happier

04-16-08 07:53 AM
    i had a sprint katana for awhile...got tired of constantly carrying around a phone and a calendar/schedual so i got the 7130e, that was okay...then i upgraded to the 8830 and love it
    04-16-08 07:57 AM
    For me it was an effort to combine functions I was getting from multiple devices into one. I had a cell phone for voice calls, a PDA for organization and was about to purchase a Sprint broadband card for my laptop. I just decided that rather than lugging about all those devices I would just get a Blackberry which serves all those functions well. It was the best decision I have ever made...
    04-16-08 08:17 AM
    i saw mah auntie pearl and was amazed!
    but nothing that made me want it.
    but all of sudden i said i need more from mah phone.
    so i was like i dont want a brick smart phone though.
    so mah nokia 6555 is close to smart.
    so i started lookin at the pearl and decided to get it!!
    Last edited by enyahs_shayne09; 04-16-08 at 08:37 AM.
    04-16-08 08:22 AM
    I was due for an upgrade and went to get the vzw voyager. But in order to get that phone I would've had to increase my plan by fifty bucks a month!

Not willing to do that he showed me the pink pearl and I had to have it! (pink is my fav color)

Not only did my plan only go up by thirty bucks for the data plan it was also like fifty bucks cheaper with a mail in rebate!

Never thought a BB would be cheaper than a phone and now I love it so much i'm never switching back!

04-16-08 08:24 AM
    Before my BB, I carried a RAZR, Dell Axim PDA, a point-n-shoot camera, all on my belt. My wife said I looked like Batman with my utility belt.

The battery in my RAZR wouldn't last one day anymore, and my contract with US Cellular was about up. We started talking about possibly switching carriers, and what phones we would get (we've been with USCC for 12+ years).

I'm a professional photographer. Whlie at a photographers convention we were seeing all of our friends and fellow photographers all carrying iPhones, mainly because you can show off images nicely on its large screen. It defeinitly has the sizzle-factor. I got to play with one nad although I likes some of the features, the touch-screen keyboard bothered me.

Once we got back home, we stopped by the USCC store and looked at their offerings for smartphones. Since I was used to my Dell PDA running Windows Mobile, I started researching the MotoQ. I also researched the Blackberry and after just a few glances, the Blackberrys won out.

USCC has a habit of releasing phones later than others, so the MotoQ they ofer is aleast one (if not more) generation behind. They had the Pearl adn the 8830. The qwerty keyboard sold me on the 8830 and I have been very happy wit hit. I don't know how I got along before.

Being a photographer, I always have a better-quality camera with me, so an in-phone camera doesn't matter as much to me. That being said, I'm keeping my eye on the Curve to see when USCC might get it.
    04-16-08 08:31 AM
    I made the switch because I got tired of having to always go back to my office to get my email when I rarely spend much time there.
    04-16-08 08:50 AM
    I was forced to see the blackberry light when after i had 3 motorola Q's and they all had problems..... Best thing that ever happened to me
    04-16-08 09:00 AM
    I had a RAZR which was in good condition but I wanted a new phone which had a QWERTY keyboard cos am not very fond of the normal keyboard. My choices were between sidekick, a bb and some other models which didn't look trendy enough for me. Since T-mob(UK) didn't have any sidekicks at the store I choose a bb but wasn't too sure but after couple of days, I realise I made the perfect choice. Sweeeet :-)

04-16-08 09:06 AM
    After using the Q for seven months, I was mostly impressed with the form factor and reception of the phone. I justn hated the freezes the phone had and the battery life on it. I bought the Pearl 2 weeks ago and I am pleased with it so far. I get better battery.I mainly use the browser, the music player, and email and the Pearl does these things better than my Q. I hate that this thing is more locked than fort Knox, but I am mostly happy with the phone. The form factor is way smaller but I can message better than before...on the Q, I had to turn off the prediction because the thing would get my words wrong. I was able to get the 8130 for $50... I am glad that I won the Q and I didn't buy it lol ...

04-16-08 09:38 AM
    It was simple for me. I just wanted the best in cutting edge technology.

04-16-08 09:43 AM
    Im just curious.

I had a T-Mo Sidekick III and it was blah. It was weak in all areas. It sucked up the battery like a escalade sucks up gas. the thing was buggy and the net was ultra slow due to the weak processor on the phone. comparing EDGE data usage to both phones..the BB Curve dominated it. Even its screen was craddy and pixelated. Thanks to this site i switched to the Curve and all is good in my world!

My bf has Cingular, and I was considering switching to save minutes and whatnot. So we were both thinking about new phones and saw the Curve and was like...droool.... I said that phone is HOT and he was like, it's cool.. I was still thinking about it when he went and upgraded from Treo 680 to the Curve.

I said, let me jump on it, so we can both yak to each other. I had the Treo 700p(see a phone connection yet?). We both got the same color and I LOVE this phone, he is addicted to that silly game Brick Breaker.
    04-16-08 10:07 AM
    Im just curious.

Ditto. I had the SKII and SK3... the 3 really bugged me. Battery would charge for hours!!! It was slow... I then went to the Dash and was not impressed at all by that phone... then I went to the BB and have been hooked ever since!
    04-16-08 10:28 AM
    I had a Razor. Unfortunatly, Alltel does not have a good choice on cell phones and my sales rep had the pearl. I am waiting for the curve for the bigger screen yet i like how the pearl is so small.
    04-16-08 11:16 AM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD