Dude, what part of this feature being available native on OS7.1 devices for almost a year do you not understand? It's there, like it or not, why are you even arguing? I've had it for many months on the 9900. Give it up.
    Still waiting on that link.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:25 PM
    I think unfortunately the bottom line is this. Either accept BlackBerry 10 and the missing legacy features or stick it out with your legacy device. Its tough. I love the speed of BlackBerry Q10's Browser and my battery capacity, but other than that I feel it's a step back from my 9930. I can "hope" that future updates will bring legacy features, but i'll believe it when I see it because it would have been easy enough to release those features at launch. I won't leave BlackBerry, i'll simply switch devices until the Q10 becomes more efficient. There are so many features missing. So many already mentioned but others are Voicemail Passcode, Conference Call Numbers and Codes in the Calendar, in holster settings.

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    08-10-13 12:37 AM
    I think unfortunately the bottom line is this. Either accept BlackBerry 10 and the missing legacy features or stick it out with your legacy device.
    There is a 3rd option though, which id imagine some have taken for this reason, that's your reason for staying BB has gone, so you move platform.
    08-10-13 12:53 AM
    BIS = "BlackBerry Internet Services"
    It was/is BlackBerry's own network. It allowed more secure push email & compressed data usage.

Posted via CB10
    Let's be clear here. BIS does not add any more security than what exists today via direct connection.

It also cannot add security to something inheritently insecure.

If you connect to a service that's unencrypted, it will continue to be so.
    h20work likes this.
    08-10-13 01:09 AM
    Some apps are available native on bbos but not on bb10. Check if your favorite apps from bbos are still there.
    08-10-13 01:45 AM
    I hate that apps that do stuff as simple as changing the color of the led for certain messages can't run in the background anymore that's something I for sure miss from older devices

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:54 AM
    You can read my essay (link on Clock Contest post) or see some of my other posts for details.

Universal landscape support is no more.
    Charging prongs are gone.
    True Outlook Sync via desktop is gone.
    LED customizations and coverage indication is gone.
    Auto light sensor off is gone.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-10-13 02:09 AM
    Ability to select a picture... then properties... then the ability to hide that selected photo(hidden)... for such a phone that's so security enriched
    I'd sure love to be able to hide a pic without creating folders within folders

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    08-10-13 01:38 PM
    Call blocker (a decent call blocker app). Keyboard shortcuts for Q10.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    08-10-13 01:42 PM
    Dude, what part of this feature being available native on OS7.1 devices for almost a year do you not understand? It's there, like it or not, why are you even arguing? I've had it for many months on the 9900. Give it up.
    Link mate. Where is it?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:15 PM
    Link mate. Where is it?

Posted via CB10
    Why do you keep asking for a link for a 9900 os over and over again? Do you have a 9900? If you do I'm quite certain you can find the official os with the option to customize your led both here on cb or bb's website.

Either you are too lazy to look, have no need to look, or are just trying to stir up sh|t. Which one is it?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    08-10-13 10:32 PM
    Why do you keep asking for a link for a 9900 os over and over again? Do you have a 9900? If you do I'm quite certain you can find the official os with the option to customize your led both here on cb or bb's website.

Either you are too lazy to look, have no need to look, or are just trying to stir up sh|t. Which one is it?
    Heh, more hostility. Pretty funny that you call me lazy when there are two posters who made the claim, so the burden of proof is on them, not me.

I'll just assume it was a leaked OS then, hence complete nonsense to claim it was a core OS feature. It took BBOS ten years to get colour led notification, and then only in a leak, so if BB10 gets it sooner than 9.5 years from now then nobody, nobody at all, has anything to moan about.

BBOS was the reason for the downfall of the Blackberry brand, good riddance to it. Long live blackberry 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 04:05 AM

It should be obvious, no? Lol, typical though, check his post history.

Here's the link to the official firmware for other folks who may actually care: http://crackberry.com/official-os-71...ogers-wireless
    h20work likes this.
    08-11-13 07:52 AM
    Bb10 can't sync e mail through outlook Web (owa). Bb7 could. Our company won't allow bring your own devise and with bb7 I could do this now can't with z10

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    08-11-13 07:56 AM
    Heh, more hostility. Pretty funny that you call me lazy when there are two posters who made the claim, so the burden of proof is on them, not me.

I'll just assume it was a leaked OS then, hence complete nonsense to claim it was a core OS feature. It took BBOS ten years to get colour led notification, and then only in a leak, so if BB10 gets it sooner than 9.5 years from now then nobody, nobody at all, has anything to moan about.

BBOS was the reason for the downfall of the Blackberry brand, good riddance to it. Long live blackberry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure where you came up with hostility, but whatever floats your boat. Why ask a question then ignore the answer? Oh, because the answer didn't suit your argument, got it

BBOS isn't the reason for BlackBerry's troubles. Complacency, arrogance, and pushing out the same warmed over product year after year were.
    08-11-13 08:11 AM
    Being able to send an email for a completed task in the remember app. BB7 did this very well. Included the date, time and the percent of completion. Useful feature when you are working on task and want to net recipients know the task was completed w/o copying and pasting.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:14 AM
    Some things I'm missing:

1. True custom notifications - the ability to set number and duration of vibrations for different accounts.
    2. BIS data compression.
    3. Speed of access to call button.
    4. Copy/paste from anywhere.
    5. A trackpad - precise selection is much more difficult without it.
    6. Recognition of phone numbers from any webpage. If it works on my 9700, my Galaxy Nexus, and my iPhone 3GS it should work on a Z10.
    7. Contact groups.
    8. Proper speed dials.
    9. Custom keyboard shortcuts on the Q10.
    Last edited by CJH_; 08-12-13 at 06:04 AM.
    h20work likes this.
    08-11-13 08:17 AM
    Spinning hour glass, battery pulls, slow Web browser, browser crash, semi annual OS reload to make it any again, small screen, poorer resolution, inability to sideload apps....I'm sure i'll think some more

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:36 AM
    Spinning hour glass, battery pulls, slow Web browser, browser crash, semi annual OS reload to make it any again, small screen, poorer resolution, inability to sideload apps....I'm sure i'll think some more

Posted via CB10
    This is no ****. Wow, loved my 9900 but pulling battery and locking up got old. Bb10 is so fast and smooth

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    08-11-13 09:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but I have yet to.pull the battery on.my z10. The Web browser is mighty fast and it hadn't crashed on me yet. The resolution is pretty good but will agree that there should be an easier way to side load apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:06 AM
    I'm sorry but I have yet to.pull the battery on.my z10. The Web browser is mighty fast and it hadn't crashed on me yet. The resolution is pretty good but will agree that there should be an easier way to side load apps.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Just being a little cheeky about some of the annoyances of BBOS. Bb10 is phenomenal. I have none of those issues on my Zed.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:07 PM
    Some of the things I'm missing:

1. True custom notifications - the ability to set number and duration of vibrations for different accounts. It's kinda back - you can now set number with (but not duration), or duration with Hub++ but not number. Also being able to set exceptions to a profile.
    2. BIS data compression. Huge cost difference while traveling.
    3. Speed of access to call button. It simply takes longer to make a call now.
    4. Copy/paste from anywhere. BB10 is limited. E.g., you have to go into edit mode in a contact profile to copy a number.
    5. I miss my trackpad multiple times a day, every day. I missed it on my PlayBook. I miss it on my Q10. Precise selection with small links is simply much more difficult without it.
    6. Many other little things like how easy it is to delete a lot of emails at once are missing (i.e., on a 9700 it was a double touch of first and last in the list and delete. On the Q10 you have to touch every message in the list at least once).
    7. Recognition of phone numbers from any webpage. I also don't want to hear the excuses from people that the page designer didn't tag it as a phone number. If it works on a 9700, a Galaxy Nexus, and an iPhone 3GS it should work on a Z10.
    8. Contact groups.
    9. Proper speed dials.
    10. Custom keyboard shortcuts on the Q10.
    Hmmmm that sounds very familiar...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:48 PM
    Say, let's keep only to topic here so that it is easy for BlackBerry to look-in at a a glance and see what users most want to see brought over. If this thread gets too populated with bickering, it makes it hard to search though.

>>> Good example lately is from CJH_
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    08-12-13 10:30 PM
    Everything except the keyboard...(but it's still the best phone available for those of who need a keyboard and a super fast browser)

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    Last edited by CrackedRosco; 08-27-13 at 02:08 PM.
    08-27-13 10:28 AM
    Crap man, I know about mobiles and this is the worst transition EVER, I can't save music video or any videos like on my 9900, I miss my mailbox's in its own window, I can't cut and paste.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:00 AM
100 ... 234