15" Macbook Pro. 2.2 Ghz i7 with 16 gigs of Ram. 240 Gb primary SSD with 1 TG secondary HDD. My system is bootcamped running Moutain Lion, 64 bit Windows 8 Pro and 7 Ulitmate.
    12-11-12 11:20 AM
    No laptop, gaming desktop for me!
    -AMD Bulldozer FX4100 processor
    -Radeon 6850 GPU
    -23" monitor

woop

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 #BB10Believe
    12-11-12 11:26 AM
    Nice I have a m14x myself, it's a smaller beautiful beast. I don't use it much only when I have time for Civ or Diablo but it handles everything wonderfully. And Dell has some excellent customer service.
    12-11-12 12:42 PM
    Sounds very much like role-based access control (RBAC).

Maybe it's this cold that's getting to me, along with lack of sleep, but could you translate into layman terms what an RBAC is?

No laptop, gaming desktop for me!
    -AMD Bulldozer FX4100 processor
    -Radeon 6850 GPU
    -23" monitor

woop

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 #BB10Believe
    What kinda mobo and RAM are you running with that?

Nice I have a m14x myself, it's a smaller beautiful beast. I don't use it much only when I have time for Civ or Diablo but it handles everything wonderfully. And Dell has some excellent customer service.
    Ahhh... Civilization... One of my favorite all time PC games along with Total War, C&C Red Alert, and Sim City.

Civ V and Rome Total War 2 are the two reasons why I want to build a gaming rig. I've "window shopped" on newegg these last few weeks and have put together a pretty bad *** gaming rig for only $700 (minus a monitor, already have that).

I just can't justify $700 to play video games
    12-11-12 08:03 PM
    C&C Red Alert
    you have my respect and admiration forever love that game (have the decades dvd). if you ever have issues playing online, i suggest using gameranger, works for other games too like empire earth and stuff.
    12-12-12 05:08 AM
    I don't have a BB right now, but always have had Windows since Macs are just overpriced IMO. I currently have an HP for everyday use and plan to build my own computer soon for everything and maybe a few games.
    12-12-12 10:57 AM
    you have my respect and admiration forever love that game (have the decades dvd). if you ever have issues playing online, i suggest using gameranger, works for other games too like empire earth and stuff.
    Haha! Red Alert and Red Alert 2 ( and Yuri's Revenge) were my instant favorites since I first played it. It was in my opinion one of the most overlooked/unsung hero of PC games in the late 90's and early 2000's.

I don't have a BB right now, but always have had Windows since Macs are just overpriced IMO. I currently have an HP for everyday use and plan to build my own computer soon for everything and maybe a few games.
    Yup, they're overpriced, way overpriced, IMHO.
    12-12-12 11:08 AM
    Haha! Red Alert and Red Alert 2 ( and Yuri's Revenge) were my instant favorites since I first played it. It was in my opinion one of the most overlooked/unsung hero of PC games in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Yup, they're overpriced, way overpriced, IMHO.
    Ya i got in at the ground level, still have the orignal cd for c+c from back in the day! although i like RA2, its just too easy tbh. find myself on generals zero hour now for the better graphics.

as for apple being overpriced, my new laptop turned up today, cost me �9.60 to upgrade from 4 to 8gb ram. same upgrade on a macbook air would cost �80!!! oh and my laptop is lighter and thinner than mba!! haha
    JR A likes this.
    12-12-12 11:48 AM
    I remember playing Tiberian Sun, that was the first C&C game I played.

It was on an old Compaq Presario Pentium 3 that had, get this, a whopping 30GB hard drive!!!!

And yeah, Red Alert 1 and 2 were easy. Once you figured out every nation's specialty, the AI was pretty predictable. After a while, I modded scripts and had some fun. Nothing like starting every mission with 100 units or 999999 credits

Does anyone know if barebone laptop kits are available? Something with the laptop casing and display already assembled together, but lacking innards? I've always wanted to make a custom laptop...
    12-12-12 12:36 PM
    Does anyone know if barebone laptop kits are available? Something with the laptop casing and display already assembled together, but lacking innards? I've always wanted to make a custom laptop...
    If they do make them, they will still have a motherboard and other unique components. Nothing in laptops is standardized, except for: CPU sockets, RAM sockets, storage drives, and MiniPCIe (for wireless)
    12-12-12 02:59 PM
    I remember playing Tiberian Sun, that was the first C&C game I played.

It was on an old Compaq Presario Pentium 3 that had, get this, a whopping 30GB hard drive!!!!

And yeah, Red Alert 1 and 2 were easy. Once you figured out every nation's specialty, the AI was pretty predictable. After a while, I modded scripts and had some fun. Nothing like starting every mission with 100 units or 999999 credits

ya u havent played a good game of c+c if you cant have a tanya shooting all the way across the screen lol.

Id love somewhere to do barebones laptop kits, i just got a new one today and it frustrates me i can build my home pc but not my laptop. im guessing though the motherboard would need to be in the shell and stuff for usb ports n stuff to fit right, so that probably the main reason behind it not happening, as home pc stuff is very standardised - atx board sizes for example - where laptop housings seem to be anything but standard in that regards
    12-12-12 03:13 PM
    I'm using a Samsung Chronos (series 7)...Looks AMAZING IMO. Like a MacBook with a much more visually appealing aesthetic, softer curves, etc. Feature packed with a varying range of specs.

Besides the awesome feature set...I chose it because of the looks. The brushed aluminum cover looks superb, and matches well with my 9930...I'm a tad shallow at times, so this mattered to me lol.
    JR A likes this.
    12-12-12 03:18 PM
    If they do make them, they will still have a motherboard and other unique components. Nothing in laptops is standardized, except for: CPU sockets, RAM sockets, storage drives, and MiniPCIe (for wireless)
    Hmm... I smell opportunity. Standardized laptop barebone kits... Hmm....

ya u havent played a good game of c+c if you cant have a tanya shooting all the way across the screen lol.

Id love somewhere to do barebones laptop kits, i just got a new one today and it frustrates me i can build my home pc but not my laptop. im guessing though the motherboard would need to be in the shell and stuff for usb ports n stuff to fit right, so that probably the main reason behind it not happening, as home pc stuff is very standardised - atx board sizes for example - where laptop housings seem to be anything but standard in that regards
    Ahhh Tanya... I loved those movie clips of her in the game

I'm using a Samsung Chronos (series 7)...Looks AMAZING IMO. Like a MacBook with a much more visually appealing aesthetic, softer curves, etc. Feature packed with a varying range of specs.

Besides the awesome feature set...I chose it because of the looks. The brushed aluminum cover looks superb, and matches well with my 9930...I'm a tad shallow at times, so this mattered to me lol.

Nothing wrong with being shallow. lol

At least you got it knowing what you wanted it for.

It'd be a different story if you paid the premium for a nice looking device and claimed it was the best laptop performance wise.
    Ray UM likes this.
    12-12-12 06:29 PM
    Dell Studio 17", nearing end of life now though!
    12-13-12 10:12 AM
    Maybe it's this cold that's getting to me, along with lack of sleep, but could you translate into layman terms what an RBAC is?

What kinda mobo and RAM are you running with that?

Ahhh... Civilization... One of my favorite all time PC games along with Total War, C&C Red Alert, and Sim City.

Civ V and Rome Total War 2 are the two reasons why I want to build a gaming rig. I've "window shopped" on newegg these last few weeks and have put together a pretty bad *** gaming rig for only $700 (minus a monitor, already have that).

I just can't justify $700 to play video games
    some gigabyte motherboard, 4gb ram
    it's not perfect but it works!
    12-14-12 05:36 PM
    Just thought I'd share,

Bought a new developer laptop last night and thought I'd share

MYTHLOGIC Nyx 1712 * * * * * * * * 1 * * * * $3047.82

Mobile Chassis:MYTHLOGIC Nyx 1712 Chassis (Clevo P170EM) with backlit keyboard

Mobile Display:17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) Matte 72% NTSC Color Gamut LED Backlit LCD

CPU:Intel Core i7-3840QM 2.8GHz, 8M L3 Cache, 22nm, DDR3-1600MHz, Quad-Core Mobile Processor

System Memory:32GB (4 x 8GB) , PC3-12800, 1600MHz SODIMM Quad Core

Video Adapter:NVIDIA 675MX 4096MB GDDR5 DX11 Compliant Video Card

Optical:Notebook Black 6X BD-R/8X DVD+R Blu-Ray Combo Drive

RAID [Requires Identical Hard Drive Selections]:RAID 0

mSATA Solid State Drive:Crucial m4 128GB mSATA Solid State Drive

Hard Drive:Crucial 128GB M4 Series SATA III 6GB/sec Solid State Drive

Hard Drive:Crucial 128GB M4 Series SATA III 6GB/sec Solid State Drive

Wireless Card:KILLER WirelessN 1202

Bluetooth:Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 Only With Intel 2230/6235 AND Killer 1202 Wireless

Operating System:No OS

MYTHLOGIC Assurance:MYTH Lifetime Assurance with Lifetime Labor + 2 Years Parts Warranty, 2 Yrs 2-Way Shipping Canada

Accidental coverage and Insurance:Accidental LCD Only coverage and insurance includes shipping - 2 yrs

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    JR A likes this.
    01-16-13 06:28 PM
    MacBook Pro/Air was my daily driver but I'm now converted to Windows 8. Loving it so far. Aspire 17".
    01-16-13 09:21 PM
    I use an Acer Aspire One series with an AMD processor. I didn't go really high end on the PC front because I do most of my main computing on my PlayBook. I upped the RAM to 4 GB and I have an external 1 terabyte HDD for backing everything up. I also found an external DVD burner on Amazon for around $30 that has served me well for a little over 3 years. Good solution for me as I'm all about mobility.
    Attached Thumbnails What Kind of Laptop Do BB Users Use?-image.jpg  
    Last edited by axllebeer; 01-16-13 at 10:33 PM. Reason: More info.
    01-16-13 10:30 PM
    I have a netbook that I used as my portable device before I got my playbook but I find I rarely have a need for it now. most of my actual computing/gaming is done on my desktop which is a custom built 2.7 ghz intel quadcore, 8 gigs Ram, 128G ssd 1.5T HDD.
    01-16-13 10:35 PM
    I have an ACER Aspire laptop running Windows 8 that I use like a desktop. I do embroidery digitizing and lots of work in Photoshop so my laptop is attached to a 32" flatscreen. Use remote mouse and keyboard. It pretty much sits on the desk behind the TV/monitor unless I am doing trade shows (or I want to curl up in bed and watch Netflix).
    collinc93 likes this.
    01-16-13 10:55 PM
    Lenovo Thinkpad X1Carbon, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD, HDSPA+ Modem with ATT
    Love the keyboard, displayport, pretty much everything...

Perfect complement to a BB10, in black.
    JR A likes this.
    01-16-13 11:07 PM
    I have an ACER Aspire laptop running Windows 8 that I use like a desktop. I do embroidery digitizing and lots of work in Photoshop so my laptop is attached to a 32" flatscreen. Use remote mouse and keyboard. It pretty much sits on the desk behind the TV/monitor unless I am doing trade shows (or I want to curl up in bed and watch Netflix).
    e-machine running Windows 8, works for what do on it...gaming done on PS3 X0Box and such
    01-16-13 11:31 PM
    Toshiba running Win7. I'm 85% sure that my laptop's backing is the same textured back as the z10.
    01-17-13 03:20 AM
    Lenovo Thinkpad X1Carbon, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD, HDSPA+ Modem with ATT
    Love the keyboard, displayport, pretty much everything...

Perfect complement to a BB10, in black.
    Damn... I wanted one.
    01-17-13 08:12 AM
    gameranger you say? command and conquer you say?!!? sweet.

I have a Asus i5 laptop with intel ssd. 8gb ram, windows 7 64bit. I got it to boot in 19seconds
    01-17-13 08:30 AM
148 ... 3456