I dropped the question on the site's article and keep wondering. I mocked a picture from the video on abc and compared it to a 9900 a Q5 and a Q10. Does anyone know for sure?
    What kind of BlackBerry is Obama sporting?-mockit_22112014125715.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 10:03 AM
    Doesn't look like any of them. Weird. Looks so short

Posted via BBM Premium
    11-22-14 10:06 AM
    If you look closer the phone continues down his hand, I thought the same when I first saw it hit it's bigger than just that first part.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 10:11 AM
    P9983?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:00 AM
    It's in a case, far from the camera, in an angle. It's pretty difficult to come to an agreement as to what model he's really holding. I wouldn't imagine it being anything less than a 9900

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-22-14 11:02 AM
    If you hold the BlackBerry 9930 case upside down you will see that silhouette.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    11-22-14 12:58 PM
    It's a 9900 in a sleeve.

Look closely at the bottom near his hand, you'll see the stainless trim and the BlackBerry name in the top left of the sleeve above his fingers.

11-22-14 01:18 PM
    It was made specifically for the pres of us, one of a kind

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-22-14 01:24 PM
    It all points to a 9900. Excellent choice of communication.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 04:17 PM
    Looks like a 9900

9900 holster

11-22-14 06:12 PM
    Yep, have to agree on a 9900

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-22-14 06:20 PM
    Looks like a 9900

9900 holster

11-22-14 07:01 PM
    Mr Chen will want to move him out of 9900 to a Classic . What kind of cell do ya think Harper uses ? a Nokia flip /
    11-23-14 06:00 AM
    While going over the Obama video yesterday I was thinking how bad BlackBerry missed it when they launched the Q10... I was trying to put my self in the president's position trying to switch from his 9900 to a Q10, where's my back key, my menu key?! It would have been a real pain, no wonder a major amount of users held back for a fix there... if only the classic would have been the transition phone from BlackBerry OS to BlackBerry 10... story today would be so different... gladly they are fixing that, better late than never.

I'm pretty sure he and most of the BBOS Users will switch without feeling they are missing features now. I'd love to see next year a Passport version of the classic, with the forth row and full keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 06:13 AM
    President does not use a blackberry they use very high end phones that are extremely secure and no its not an apple
    11-25-14 01:34 AM
    It is a variation of a blackberry
    crypto phone and I'm sure the highest level of security and manufacturing was put into play when making the phone specifically for our President
    11-25-14 01:51 AM
    President does not use a blackberry they use very high end phones that are extremely secure and no its not an apple
    Where can I buy it, LOL...
    :-)

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-25-14 05:09 AM

Incorrect. The Prez and the whole of the White House staffers along with the high level Executive Branch do in fact use BlackBerry. They have not nor are there immediate plans to migrate to any other platform.

Only specific agencies have migrated.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 11-30-14 at 02:12 AM.
    m1a1mg and riss89 like this.
    11-25-14 06:26 AM
    Incorrect. The Prez and the whole of the White House staffers along with the high level Executive Branch do in fact use BlackBerry. They have not nor are there immediate plans to migrate to any other platform.

Look up CryptoPhone it's a blackberry but it's not

It is a blackberry but it's on security steroids
    A few years back Bush used a different phone that looked like a blackberry but was something else
    11-25-14 07:27 AM

BTW here is an article I posted back a few years ago

The president dropped his blackberry Thursday while going up the red-carpeted Air Force One steps just before he was leaving Andrews Air Force Base and heading to Colorado.
    One might say, "POTUS dropped the BOTUS."
    http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/...xr-223x300.jpg
    To wit:
    In Washington, many journalists often refer to the president as POTUS, short for "president of the United States."
    They also call the first lady FLOTUS, the vice president VPOTUS, the Supreme Court has its own acronym too, SCOTUS.
    Basically anything ending in "of the United States" can get the "OTUS" treatment.
    The press has even given a nickname to the teleprompter President Obama uses, it's known as TOTUS.
    So insert now - BOTUS, the very unofficial name for the "Blackberry of the United States" which serves a very official purpose for President Obama.
    There's even video (you can watch it after the jump). Obama is the first president to stay connected using the device as commander-in-chief.
    Dropping BOTUS is not something new for him, back in January of 2009 when he was still president-elect, his blackberry took a tumble at an airport tarmac while he was getting out of a vehicle. Back then a Secret Service agent rescued it and handed it back.
    This time, the president picked up the tiny mobile machine himself from the step, kept a tight grip on it in one hand and waved goodbye with the other before entering inside Air Force One.
    No word yet if today's incident caused injury to BOTUS
    Video: First Blackberry Takes a Tumble � Row 2, Seat 4
    11-25-14 07:37 AM
    You may be thinking of Secusmart.

That said, there are no contracts out for anything other than BlackBerry devices for the White House, staffers, high level Executive and high level Cabinet.
    Within these groups there are increasingly restricted access and software. However, they have not migrated away and there are no pilots to migrate away from BlackBerry at the higher levels.

It continues to be BlackBerry.

OTHER agencies and departments have migrated away or are using multiple platforms.

The Prez uses a BlackBerry. Added restrictions yes. Something else no.

m1a1mg likes this.
    11-25-14 07:38 AM
    BTW here is an article I posted back a few years ago
    Your link goes to Fox News. I don't see an article stating that the President has moved away from BkackBerry.

And again, there are no contracts issued for anything other than BlackBerry for the Executive which includes the President, Vice President, upper Cabinet, and White a house staff.

And again, ONLY SPECIFIC AGENCIES below Cabinet level have migrated.

This does not include DOD which HAS gone multiplatform.

11-25-14 07:46 AM
    It's a blackberry with CryptoPhone technology

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ld-leaders-use
    11-25-14 08:36 AM
    It is not your normal blackberry nowhere near it
    11-25-14 08:37 AM
    It's a blackberry with CryptoPhone technology

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ld-leaders-use
    Your post don't prove anything it's still a blackberry hands down. All that does is add extra security. OS is still BlackBerry, hardware is still blackberry. You would be very surprised to know how little changes was made to his phone. Apart from him limiting who has his personal info like number and email and voice and text encryption and browser it's a blackberry period as she stated numerous times to you.

Send from the amazing powers of the? ? Z30
    11-25-14 09:00 AM
60 123