What keeps me with BlackBerry is that the iPhone hasn't been released for Verizon yet.
    01-05-11 08:54 PM
    Shouldn't be a difficult question to answer, should it?

Until about three weeks ago, I was like many of you. A die-hard BB-lover, not planning to switch anytime soon, etc etc.

And then my phone got stolen on the subway and I wound up replacing it with an HTC Desire Z. Best thing that ever happened to me. Android is better than BB in literally every way.

What is the point of the question and the follow on "Shouldn't be a difficult question to answer, should it?" Ok so "Android is better than BB in literally every way." Better for who? I really am glad you are happy with your HTC Desire Z.

I am happy and satisfied with my device. I use a BB because that's what I want to use. It allows me to manage my life and my business my way. It doesn't matter to me what device everyone else is using or not using. If you find something that makes you happy I applaud you.
    01-05-11 10:20 PM
    i love my bb's they do exactly what i need them to do and want them to do, the few apps i have (paypal, google mobile app, call control, chicago blackhawks, yankees, fandango and tunein radio) are enhancements, not necessary or novelties. I have had a windows phone before and it was a pain in the ***, i went back to nokias until i found the curve and have never looked back. as for apple, i love apple products, my blackbook, my ibook g4, mac mini, g4 cube and various ipods l love them all EXCEPT my itouch that i hate with a passion and steered me away from the iphone all together, so all in all not everything is for everyone, be happy with your android and stop looking for validation in your choice. if you need it you are obviously not that happy.
    01-05-11 10:59 PM
    1. push email
    2. sound profiles
    3. physical keyboard

all else, i find, is the 'same' as my current & previous iPhones.
    01-05-11 11:33 PM
    Communication....email, texts, BBM, keyboard, phone.
    01-05-11 11:55 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Push E-Mail
    Best keyboard
    Nice OS
    The ability to play around and update my phone myself
    Battery life
    01-06-11 01:07 AM

Until about three weeks ago, I was like many of you. A die-hard BB-lover, not planning to switch anytime soon, etc etc.

And then my phone got stolen on the subway and I wound up replacing it with an HTC Desire Z. Best thing that ever happened to me. Android is better than BB in literally every way.

1: Instant Email
    2: BBM
    3: Keypad
    4: Security
    5: Battery Life
    6: Easy file transfer between BB devices and various computer platforms
    7: Access to what i call customization tools for dummies(BB theme studio etc)
    8: Music Player
    9: Form Factor
    10:UMA calling
    11: Visual Voicemail
    12:Universal Search
    13: Easy Syncing
    14: Most importantly you can make and receive calls, use the alarm, hold the phone however you please and not worry about dropped calls

Have all the apps that make sense to me so my BB works perfectly for me.
    01-06-11 09:21 AM
    Well I left BB almost 2 years ago for the Android platform, got the HTC Hero, it was nice at first, but it left me desiring a BB again, so I got the Bold 9650, and there is nothing an Android phone can do that my BB can't, but there are things my BB can do that the Android can't.
    I love my BB for....
    1. The keyboard, I know, some Android's now have them too, but the BB is better
    2. BBM
    3. Email
    4. Calendar
    5. Push
    6. World phone capable for those of us on CDMA carriers
    7. Easily customizable sound profiles
    8. Word to Go
    9. Sheet to Go
    10. Quicker OS updates/bug fixes

Need I say more? Sure Android has thousands of free apps, but I'd rather pay for one on BB that works than download a free one on Android that causes issues on your phone. Android has 4G available, sorry, doesn't interest me for the extra money it costs when one doesn't live in a 4G coverage area that you pay for whether or not you have coverage.
    01-06-11 10:12 AM
    Well I left BB almost 2 years ago for the Android platform, got the HTC Hero, it was nice at first, but it left me desiring a BB again, so I got the Bold 9650, and there is nothing an Android phone can do that my BB can't, but there are things my BB can do that the Android can't.
    I love my BB for....
    1. The keyboard, I know, some Android's now have them too, but the BB is better
    2. BBM
    3. Email
    4. Calendar
    5. Push

6. World phone capable for those of us on CDMA carriers
    7. Easily customizable sound profiles
    8. Word to Go
    9. Sheet to Go
    10. Quicker OS updates/bug fixes

Need I say more? Sure Android has thousands of free apps, but I'd rather pay for one on BB that works than download a free one on Android that causes issues on your phone. Android has 4G available, sorry, doesn't interest me for the extra money it costs when one doesn't live in a 4G coverage area that you pay for whether or not you have coverage.
    this is false, android cant do plenty your BB can not do.

everything else i listed in bold can also be done with android quite easy. I have had 3-4 updates to my Incredible in 8 months....VZW doesnt typically push BB updates out near that fast.
    01-06-11 10:25 AM
    You're entitled to your opinions, as am I. Glad you like your Android, I hated mine
    01-06-11 10:29 AM
    The auto-text makes my life. One of the biggest drawbacks of Android for me, trivial though it may be for some, was that every time I typed in something wrong once, it automatically added it to my custom words dictionary, whereas with BlackBerry I can add words individually as I need them added. The auto-add on Android wouldn't have been annoying if the auto-correct didn't start defaulting to the newly-added words instead of proper words in future conversations.
    01-06-11 10:44 AM
    There is a lot of discussion about RIM not being "up to date" with their phones. I have a Tour 9630 that I got from Alltel about 18 months ago. I am now on Alltel/ATNI. The phone really does about all I want out of a phone but I would like to have:
    1. A larger screen
    2. A faster processor
    3. A better browser
    4. Wifi
    5. and possibly touch screen

The Torch might fill that bill but I have to have CDMA in my rural Ga area. The only carriers here with decent coverage are Verizon and Alltel/ATNI.

Any chance I am going to be able to fill the above wish list with a BB anytime soon? I am willing to change to Verizon if necessary.
    01-06-11 10:46 AM
    I also love that I can go from one BlackBerry device to another and know exactly how to use it and have all of my info transfer seamlessly, whereas switching between different manufacturer's Android devices can require adjusting to a completely different UI, even if the base OS is the same.
    01-06-11 11:11 AM
    I also love that I can go from one BlackBerry device to another and know exactly how to use it and have all of my info transfer seamlessly, whereas switching between different manufacturer's Android devices can require adjusting to a completely different UI, even if the base OS is the same.
    That is a very good point and it applies to supporting members with a huge variety of models. Under the plastic, they are nearly identical, with minor exceptions.

That makes it possible for any of us to understand, and respond too, a question from any other member.
    01-06-11 11:17 AM
    I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned as a highlight since we are on the crackberry site, so we at least all consider ourselves at least a little addicted to blackberries because of...

the addicting FLASHING LIGHT that screams, MESSAGE, MESSAGE, you have a new MESSAGE!

I dont think I could ever switch to a phone that doesn't have that visual alert...
    01-06-11 11:21 AM
    I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned as a highlight since we are on the crackberry site, so we at least all consider ourselves at least a little addicted to blackberries because of...

the addicting FLASHING LIGHT that screams, MESSAGE, MESSAGE, you have a new MESSAGE!

I dont think I could ever switch to a phone that doesn't have that visual alert...
    With customizable colours, no less (given the right app)!
    01-06-11 11:28 AM

Me too, I like that I know this phone inside and out, and when I buy a new one, I know it inside and out. USB cable, 30 seconds, and everything on my new phone is exactly as the old.

Maybe less apps for BB, but the ones that are available, are effective and usuable. I've not seen somethng the Droids/iPhones do that I cannot do with my BB.

I keep it because I like it, I like it because it works. I've picked up a handful of Droids in stores that cannot download siht. My BB gets low on memory, and slows down, but if the Droid does the same thing due to active use, then what's the point? I'm happy with BB, therefore I see no point to change.
    01-06-11 12:11 PM

A few years Back I bought my girlfriend a HTC Smart phone & she liked it BUT the Battery Lasted 1 year exactly & we COULD NOT find another Battery for it.... So she did llike her HTC But Now she Loves her BB Style with a 16 g b card in it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 12:35 PM
    That is a very good point and it applies to supporting members with a huge variety of models. Under the plastic, they are nearly identical, with minor exceptions.

That makes it possible for any of us to understand, and respond too, a question from any other member.
    Not saying this is MY philosophy, but to play devils advocate, some folks LIKE a change in UI because it feels "fresh" or even (dare I say it) "exciting". With BB phones, if you've seen one, you've almost "seen them all". Make sense? BB gets slammed over and over for being boring and/or stodgy. I think that comes partly from the slow pace of UI changes (glacial, in fact) along with the similarity in UI from one model to the next (OS6 vs previous OS's notwithstanding, and even that's debatable).
    01-06-11 12:44 PM
    Not saying this is MY philosophy, but to play devils advocate, some folks LIKE a change in UI because it feels "fresh" or even (dare I say it) "exciting". With BB phones, if you've seen one, you've almost "seen them all". Make sense? BB gets slammed over and over for being boring and/or stodgy. I think that comes partly from the slow pace of UI changes (glacial, in fact) along with the similarity in UI from one model to the next (OS6 vs previous OS's notwithstanding, and even that's debatable).
    Play devils advocate all you want. If it isn't broken, why fix it? BlackBerry OS WORKS!!! No need to mess with something that works.
    01-06-11 01:13 PM
    I have had the iPhone, Miultiple android phones and multiple blackberrys, once again im back to blackberry, the only thing that could keep up with my blackberry was my iphone, but i like the way the blackberry works so smoothly, battery life, email push, instant messagimg, text messaging all works so smoothly. My android phone would freeze, lockup i had to run taskkiller on it all the time because it never had enough memory to send a text message. with my blackberry 9300 i have google talk running windows live messenger running and a few other apps out of 263mb of ram it has about 239 free, definitly think the blackberry is way smarter.
    01-06-11 01:19 PM
    some folks LIKE a change in UI because it feels "fresh" or even (dare I say it) "exciting". ...
    And some folks prefer to get it dialed in to perfection, and leave it that way for years.

I even sport the same Theme / Screen Wall Paper I chose a few years back.

Change will come, in a very exciting new package.
    01-06-11 01:20 PM
    Play devils advocate all you want. If it isn't broken, why fix it? BlackBerry OS WORKS!!! No need to mess with something that works.
    FYI, then I hope you like the changes coming down the pike, because QNX will be the foundation for future BB OS's. The WebOS-like interface of the PB is exciting for me, because that's about the only thing i liked regarding the Palm Pre. Hardware sucked. lack of maturity in the OS sucked. But...the UI is pretty slick, IMO. and that's the essence of the UI of the PB.
    01-06-11 02:36 PM
    And some folks prefer to get it dialed in to perfection, and leave it that way for years.

I even sport the same Theme / Screen Wall Paper I chose a few years back.

Change will come, in a very exciting new package.
    I've never switched from the factory theme.

QNX will bring great things (else it's "game over" for RIM, and I don't expect that to happen--they KNOW they need to revamp the UI and they've taken the steps to do so, ala QNX and TAT)
    01-06-11 02:38 PM
    Me too, I like that I know this phone inside and out, and when I buy a new one, I know it inside and out. USB cable, 30 seconds, and everything on my new phone is exactly as the old.

Maybe less apps for BB, but the ones that are available, are effective and usuable. I've not seen somethng the Droids/iPhones do that I cannot do with my BB.

I keep it because I like it, I like it because it works. I've picked up a handful of Droids in stores that cannot download siht. My BB gets low on memory, and slows down, but if the Droid does the same thing due to active use, then what's the point? I'm happy with BB, therefore I see no point to change.
    Ummm.. no. BB apps are "third world" compared to Android and iOS apps. This is pretty much fact.
    01-06-11 04:35 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD