Shouldn't be a difficult question to answer, should it?

Until about three weeks ago, I was like many of you. A die-hard BB-lover, not planning to switch anytime soon, etc etc.

And then my phone got stolen on the subway and I wound up replacing it with an HTC Desire Z. Best thing that ever happened to me. Android is better than BB in literally every way.

01-05-11 11:06 AM
    I like the BB because I find it durable, manageable, and dazzling!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 11:12 AM
    I hate threads like these, but, I will bite, and see how your Android compares to why I stay with BlackBerry.

1. Battery life.
    2. AutoText.
    3. Profiles.
    4. Email.

I have yet to find any device that matches what BlackBerry has to offer. There are third party apps that can get an Android close to what a BB can do as far as profiles, etc. but battery life? No chance. Email? No way.

Go to Android, and leave those of us who are very happy with our BB's alone!!
    ench18 likes this.
    01-05-11 11:14 AM
    I hate threads like these, but, I will bite, and see how your Android compares to why I stay with BlackBerry.

1. Battery life.
    2. AutoText.
    3. Profiles.
    4. Email.

I have yet to find any device that matches what BlackBerry has to offer. There are third party apps that can get an Android close to what a BB can do as far as profiles, etc. but battery life? No chance. Email? No way.

+1

I also like that I don't have to run an app killer on my device to keep the running applications closed as they randomly open themselves.

I like BB because everything works together within the OS. Apps that I download interact with the OS as if they were there from the beginning. It's solid and reliable.

I do alot of messaging, and I have yet to find a device that handles messaging of any kind as well as BB.
    01-05-11 11:21 AM
    What I love about my BB is I can PIN others and I love the pushed email ability. People say Android is one of the best for multitasking but, I feel My BB does better than others. Well, each of us have the ability to choose. It doesn't really matter who win or who is better. Just make sure you are happy with what you have and that is what makes it worth it!

So, c'mon! Make the world a better place
    01-05-11 11:31 AM
    First off, let me say I'm not a hater to any phone. I stay with my blackberry for all it can do for me - email, messaging, bbm, auto text, etc. When my upgrade came due from my Curve, I ALMOST switched to the Moto X, but there were things it could not do that my bb can. Simple as that. I made a list of pros/cons for bb & droid and got the device that WORKS FOR ME. Blackberry.

01-05-11 11:33 AM
    I find that the blackberry OS is extremely simple. Unlike the android OS, I find that the blackberry os is extremely easy to navigate. The blackberry, although not as rich in apps than the android, it provides apps that I will regularly be using, rather than having so many apps that I won't be using. With android devices, I find it ever so frustrating trying to adapt to the OS and its annoying touch screen keyboard. Figuring out how to do things like finding the right app to do what I want, activating the wifi and 3G services, to just closing an application and typing a quick email to me has been an unnecessary frustration. Some can argue that ease of use comes with practicing using an android devices, which I agree.

I am not saying that android devices are bad, but what I'm saying is that, unless I am looking for a device that provides an infinite amount of games and apps and eye candy, the BB does what I need it to do.

01-05-11 11:49 AM

1. Battery life.
    2. AutoText.
    3. Profiles.
    4. Email.

I recognize that battery life on an Android device is indeed inferior that of a Blackberry. That said, an Android user sacrifices battery life for vastly superior specs including a significantly faster processor.

There is another interesting caveat here - using Android Debug Bridge or other apps that we don't need to get into here, Android users can "root" their phone (think of it as jailbreaking, but MUCH better and harder to do) and unlock the superuser component of the phone. This allows the user to alter literally ANYTHING in the system: operating system, ROM, and even the very kernel of the OS. In doing so, one can flash a ROM that uses less battery. My HTCDZ has better battery life now than my Torch ever did.

AutoText is available on stock Android, I don't know what you're on about there.

Sound profiles? Again, customizable not just on Android but on most phones.

Gmail user? If so, email is pushed to your phone via Android faster than BIS.
    +1

I also like that I don't have to run an app killer on my device to keep the running applications closed as they randomly open themselves.

I like BB because everything works together within the OS. Apps that I download interact with the OS as if they were there from the beginning. It's solid and reliable.

I do alot of messaging, and I have yet to find a device that handles messaging of any kind as well as BB.
    .... Task killers (not app killers, they're called task killers) are BAD for an Android device, not good. They use more battery to run than they save by closing applications.

Due to the superior technology that fuels Android's operating systems, background apps DO NOT USE THE CPU AND THEREFORE DO NOT DRAIN BATTERY.

Everything works together with the OS? Everything crashes all the damn time and you can't even actually turn the phone off without a battery pull. Pathetic.
    First off, let me say I'm not a hater to any phone. I stay with my blackberry for all it can do for me - email, messaging, bbm, auto text, etc. When my upgrade came due from my Curve, I ALMOST switched to the Moto X, but there were things it could not do that my bb can. Simple as that. I made a list of pros/cons for bb & droid and got the device that WORKS FOR ME. Blackberry.

Any chance I can see this pros/cons list?
    01-05-11 11:56 AM
    Very well constructed devices, by far the best keyboards overall. bb for the win.
    01-05-11 11:59 AM
    Support with my expensive BlackBerry Presenter. I will be using it rigorously. Also, HTC Desire, connecting to the BlackBerry Stereo Gateway. Apparently, it has A2DP support as needed for the Stereo Gateway. Did that allow it to connect? NO.

I've invested heavily in BB and will be investing in a WiFi only Playbook. I'm interested in Android, but I see no option for working with BB Presenter on that, plus, when I get my PB, it's either BB or no-game. I'd rather have it that way tbh. Most of my professionalism done through a platform that has a professional image.

The fact is, you can argue with me until you're blue in the face, but I WON'T be leaving BB for Android/iPhone. If I left BB, it would be for WinMob or another Symbian Nokia. Symbian just worked for me.
    01-05-11 12:05 PM
    World events have demonstrated, when the network is overloaded, BlackBerry will be the last channel standing. That is why first responders carry BlackBerry now.

I live with in an isolated place with degraded signal conditions. My BlackBerry uses Wifi to provide full service, but when I am away from the Wifi Hotspot and "need" to get through on one bar or less, It does. You could say, I am betting my life on it.
    01-05-11 12:10 PM
    World events have demonstrated, when the network is overloaded, BlackBerry will be the last channel standing.
    If you don't mind me asking, how in hells name does it pull that off when all the other phone companies (HTC, Samsung, Nokia, etc) have like 4-5 servers for its customers routing, and BlackBerry only has one for ALL its BIS users?
    01-05-11 12:13 PM
    If you don't mind me asking, how in hells name does it pull that off when all the other phone companies (HTC, Samsung, Nokia, etc) have like 4-5 servers for its customers routing, and BlackBerry only has one for ALL its BIS users?
    Simple, it was designed from the start to maximize bandwidth efficiency.

An Email or BlackBerry Messenger can capture brief instants of signal when voice, SMS or Internet data can not.

The argument that BlackBerry service is subject to outages is a concern, but the reality is the outages are so rare that they make International news. The truth is, Uptime is greater then 99.99%. That allows for 8 hour of scheduled maintenance per year.

01-05-11 12:46 PM
    Simple, it was designed from the start to maximize bandwidth efficiency.

An Email or BlackBerry Messenger can capture brief instants of signal when voice, SMS or Internet data can not.
    So I've chosen a company who maximise on efficiency? Sweet! I love being efficient where I can, it's one thing I find rather difficult...
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 01-05-11 at 12:52 PM.
    01-05-11 12:50 PM
    Any chance I can see this pros/cons list?
    sorry that list is long gone as I've already upgraded from my Curve to a Bold.
    But just a few points were - bbm (no I don't want gtalk as my kids have bb's also), instant receipt of email, auto text. I also just overall preferred the design of the Blackberry to a Droid. Simple as that.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-05-11 at 01:15 PM.
    01-05-11 01:11 PM
    So I've chosen a company who maximise on efficiency? Sweet! I love being efficient where I can, it's one thing I find rather difficult...
    A History of Research In Motion - part 1 | CrackBerry.com

In 1989, Rogers - the Canadian telephone company - had a wireless network with nothing to do. Outside of Sweden, only Rogers carried the new Mobitex network, designed for mobile messaging. After hearing about RIM - during a job interview, no less - Rogers contacted the company to see what RIM could do.

It would be their first big break into the wireless data world. With the knowledge gained from this contract, RIM began to understand wireless and radios like no one else. It is said that at times, RIM knew more about the Mobitex network than the manufacturer did. In later years, RIM convinced Ericsson to let them tweak the network settings, resulting in a huge increase in efficiency.

01-05-11 01:25 PM
    Because BlackBerry is the ultimate communication device.
    01-05-11 01:31 PM
    Since when has android had Auto text?

Not predictive text or auto completion but auto text? Auto text is user definable.

Hru = How are you?
    Bb = BlackBerry
    T = the
    Cdt = couldn't
    L= lol
    Ilu= I love you
    Ect.

You can auto text anything to equal anything on a BlackBerry. Android can do that?

If so its honestly news to me. And pretty cool. I'd hate going back to a phone without it

01-05-11 01:35 PM

Not predictive text or auto completion but auto text? Auto text is user definable.

Hru = How are you?
    Bb = BlackBerry
    T = the
    Cdt = couldn't
    L= lol
    Ilu= I love you
    Ect.

You can auto text anything to equal anything on a BlackBerry. Android can do that?

If so its honestly news to me. And pretty cool. I'd hate going back to a phone without it

that's exactly how I feel about auto text-i use it soooo much, especially here if I need to post a link for someone-its as easy as typing a key word for that link, hit space bar, and Poof! There's my link - url intact and all!

01-05-11 01:57 PM
    AutoText is just unreal. I have so many shortcuts that I use on a regular basis of words that are either long, or are hard to type, so I just add them in. I have grown to absolutely need AutoText now.

I also see the BlackBerry as an ultimate communication device. BBM, SMS, email, third party stuff like AIM, YM, etc. it just does it all. Not to mention the sweet little package that it comes wrapped up in.

I look at my 9700, and it just screams workhorse!! Firing off emails, sending tons of SMS, calls, internet browsing on down time, BrickBreaker when I am bored. For me, it's the total package.
    01-05-11 01:59 PM
    Yeah I use auto text probably a little to much lol.

My brain is rewired for it. So I always forget and try to use it on all keyboards.

01-05-11 02:00 PM

Hru = How are you?
    Bb = BlackBerry
    T = the
    Cdt = couldn't
    L= lol
    Ilu= I love you
    Ect.

did "Ect" autocorrect to the proper spelling, "etc"?
    01-05-11 02:04 PM
    Hey good catch Dave, thanks lol. The bad thing is I make that typo all the time. I won't any more because now I actually did add it to my auto text.

Ect = Etc. Thanks auto text!

Last edited by Witmen; 01-05-11 at 02:21 PM.
    01-05-11 02:16 PM
    It just works how I want it too, simple as that! Durable phone, I can drop it or my little girl can throw it and it still works (been through two iPhones which haven't done that when dropped) and the keyboard is so easy to type on, typing an e-mail or text is so easy on it.
    01-05-11 02:17 PM
    I stay with blackberry because the company pays for it. That is the ONLY reason. I have had iPhones and Android devices and prefer them over Blackberry. My battery lasts half a day on my Blackberry, just like it did on my iPhone and Android device. I use my device HEAVILY and when it comes to multitasking and productivity, Blackberry is not able to keep up the way I want it to. Customization is better on Android for a better user experience. Cutting edge is not something blackberry users get to experience.
    01-05-11 02:18 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD