Somehow I doubt that if you have a slow, fat, hag wife you can have a blonde bombshell, lol.
    What if prefer 'fuller' women (and dislike blondes) ?
    08-13-10 09:43 AM
    BBM my friend, BBM. You can give me the iPhone 8 right now if you want, I still couldn't use anything that doesn't have BBM. I don't really like the boring UI, or slow browser. I'm 19 and I just can't live without it.
    08-13-10 09:51 AM
    It is my CHOICE to own a Blackberry. No other phone interests me. I easily
    could afford to buy any phone, and the phone I want happens to be Blackberry.
    I buy what I want, not what other people like!
    08-13-10 11:01 AM
    My reason is because none of the phones you listed handle enterprise e-mail as good as BB. Nobody does and that point cannot be argued.
    08-13-10 11:31 AM
    Because they are small enough to fit in your pocket and powerful enough to run a business on. They've always been still are and will be in the future.

And because you can call 20+ different people by simply holding one key down.

And because I can read and reply to an email the same minute it was sent.

And because I love it, so much I can't be bother doing anything on my laptop anymore except my invoices. The rest I do it on my blackberry.

And because I don't like touch screen, I tried two different htcs in the past and a Storm2. Touch screen is not for me.

Etc

Etc

Etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 11:54 AM
    i like blackberry messenger, i like the feel of it, i like the keyboard and i like how the operating system works. it's not over complicated.
    08-13-10 12:06 PM
    It serves every purpose that I use it for well! BBM is a bonus to chat with my friends...main thing is that I never get bored! There's always something new I can upload/change on it, which in turn, saves me money on buying new phones when I get bored of the current one!!!
    08-16-10 08:48 AM
    I have to say BBM and my email is what keeps me on a blackberry. I have tried other devices and it just doesnt seem that all the other companies have it together such as blackberry. Now granted...BB isnt an app based company or a truly media device. Its for email and company communications!! I love my blackberry.
    08-16-10 09:01 AM
    because they are small enough to fit in your pocket and powerful enough to run a business on. They've always been still are and will be in the future.

And because you can call 20+ different people by simply holding one key down.

And because i can read and reply to an email the same minute it was sent.

And because i love it, so much i can't be bother doing anything on my laptop anymore except my invoices. The rest i do it on my blackberry.

And because i don't like touch screen, i tried two different htcs in the past and a storm2. Touch screen is not for me.

Etc

etc

etc

posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com

aaaammmmeeeeennnnn!!!!
    08-16-10 09:05 AM
    Must be part of these crybaby troll's contracts to come to CB and try to trash BlackBerries. Someday they'll get over themselves.

08-16-10 09:12 AM
    Because blackberrys fits me an my use. I just could never own a droid or I phone they don't impress me all they are to much alike yet so diffrent. Blackberrys are soild tuff reliable shure they lack some power but I can care less about power never bugged me one bit. To me blackberry is more than just a phone its a way of life some people like me. Owning a blackberry is like owning my rolex in way. I own them both with great pride. My 9700 has been great to me yes battery pulls do happen. Other wise I can't complan at all major up grade a 9100.that's for shure. ackberry.com
    Hummm, well I guess if you care that anyone else cares that you have a rolex or whatever and that makes you feel better. I could care less if it's a timex or rolex as long as it works like it's suppose to.

Because it is my choice as a consumer, because I like the UI, I like the hardware, it does what I want, it gets me through my day the way I want it to, and I have seen nothing else out there that impresses me or makes me wish I had it instead of Blackberry.
    Don't like Android, played with it. Don't like Apple except for iPods, briefly owned a 3GS and was on the verge of buying the 4G as a companion to my BBerry when realised I couldn't stand certain segments of iPhone owners or the "you're holding it wrong" mentality that says that the consumer must abide by Jobs' rules and make excuses for the device's structural problems.

And I intensely dislike the arrogance displayed by some users of those platforms who feel that they know better than me what I should want/need/like.
    Just like bb owners................no? It's what works for me right now and what I have. No loyalty to any brand if I like it I don't care who makes it as long as the company doesn't have a rep for only making crap.
    08-16-10 09:54 AM
    For me, "It Just Works" is one of the reasons.

- The blinking read light that let me know instantly if I have any messages.

- Quickly being able to view messages without having to go through several gestures just to open the messaging app.

- All of the apps that let me run my business from my BlackBerry. There may be similar apps on other platforms, but that means not only buying a new device, but buying all new apps.

- BBM. I use it a lot, every day. Not just for chatting, but BBM Groups allow me to keep track of my business, let others in my business see updates immediately, and log notes in the BBM Group that everyone can see and update as well.

- Monthly data plan. My current plan is $25/month. If I update to another platform, that means bumping up to a $30/month plan. With two data plans (mine and my wife's BB), that would mean paying out an extra $120/year for something we already enjoy.

I can read ebooks, play games, watch videos, listen to music, use apps like Vlingo, Google Voice, and Drivesafe.ly to help be more productive. I don't want a gaming system, or something with less battery life. I haven't found anything on other platforms that will make any of this groundbreakingly different.
    08-16-10 10:13 AM
    Just got of pure love for my bold 9000, does what I ask it do, doesn't smash in to a million bits when I drop it
    And the keep keyboard is just amazing, the one thing I want my bb to do is be able to play some of the great
    Looking mmo games that iv seen for droids and itoys, but this is prob a fault on the game owners side
    Next phone is almost defiently going to be a bb, not a bad word about them

08-16-10 02:28 PM
    One word "contract"

08-16-10 04:21 PM
    *People forced to use Blackberry by their company need not apply*

So even the latest and greatest Blackberry has a bunch of cons when compared to the Droids and iphones.
    Slower processor
    Lower resolution screen
    Slow web browser (yeah even the webkit)
    lower battery life (droidx has 8hr talk, Droid2 9.5hrs, iphone4 7hrs), the best Blackberry battery wise is the 9700 with 6hrs talk time.
    Expensive apps / more useful apps on droid and iphone
    Those are facts, you can make excuses about it til your blue in the face, don't change that thing.

So why do you stay?
    For me, I'm not really sure. I can say "It just works" but so does every other smart phone I've mentioned. Perhaps I'm staying because it's what I'm use too. Like staying with your slow fat hag wife, when you could have a hot blonde bombshell, your just comfortable with each other and enjoy each others company. Although I do hope RIM has listened to the criticism leveled against them lately and changes their whole "plan out 3yrs" approach to hardware and start encouraging app developers to support the platform, from what I've read it's a lot more expensive to develop a Blackberry app.

So how bout you guys/gals? Why are you staying to Blackberry?

Actually I can Still Say Battery life is a Major reason
    as Phone Calls only make up about 1/3 of my phone usage, the "talk time" value is useless to me, my Tour has far less power consumption than any of the "leading" competitors when being used for Data entry such as txts,

beyond that, there is yet to be a mobile device that can provide a keyboard and input system as well as RIM does with Blackberry's hard qwerty keyboard and Autotext, the combination is next to impossible to beat

Documents2 Go, is superior on the Blackberry platform than it is on any other platform, ( have yet to try Android 2.2, but don't suspect it will have changed)

BBM- I actually really love this "app" I have MSN, I have gtalk, but since moving to BB and having friends move to BB, I can't go back to either, I actually find my self talking to friends who don't have BB's far less as more get BB's those without don't get included, as they require an additional step to notify them.
    08-16-10 05:24 PM
    So how bout you guys/gals? Why are you staying to Blackberry?

Honestly, laziness.
    08-16-10 05:44 PM
    Honestly, laziness.
    What??? You are a mod! you shouldn't say that! that's not "pc".
    08-16-10 05:47 PM
    Honestly, laziness.
    LOL!

Well we're thankful for you're lack of motivation.
    08-16-10 05:56 PM
    Because it's my backup phone in case I screw up my iPhone.
    08-16-10 06:03 PM
    Yet another post on the same subject. Is there some reason I HAVE to change devices? Seriously, so many people seem to feel like there's some compelling, legal reason for all BB owners to switch.

I refuse to get into the comparison debate for the 1,456th time. My BB works, works very well, does what I want it to do and I like it...heck, I love it. I could care less what others are using or how "horrible" they think RIM is. That's their opinion. I'm quite happy with my own.
    08-16-10 06:07 PM
    "My underwear has no elastic." - Al Bundy.
    Al rocks! I've seen every episode of MWC and I've got the DVD's of every season. That show was one of my all time favs.
    08-16-10 06:46 PM
    What??? You are a mod! you shouldn't say that! that's not "pc".
    Simmer down grasshopper. I am also too lazy too describe why I'm too lazy to
    lazily look at.... well you get the point
    08-16-10 06:59 PM
    Because the keyboard on my 9700 is so addictive to type on it keeps my hands too busy to fire up the crack pipe.

08-16-10 07:30 PM
    simmer down grasshopper. I am also too lazy too describe why i'm too lazy to
    lazily look at.... Well you get the point
    haha!!! oh, and keep in mind my posting style does not reflect my demeanor. I'm not even 100th as agitated as one my infer from the way I post (exclamations, upper case, etc, etc. it's just a typing habit thats hard to break!)

-----------
    08-16-10 08:47 PM
    I love my 8900! I have had it for a year now and still love it just as much, if not more, than day 1. I upgraded the os to 5.0 and it functions perfectly without any issues... I will be keeping this one for awhile!!

08-16-10 09:22 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD