Well smartphone just means it has a lot of apps with an everyday growing eco-system, in some terms you might call the BB10 phones the worlds most expensive feature phones - They feature multitasking messeging action-frames gesture-based OS Built in security preemptive texting and a spe4edy web-browser.
    07-04-13 03:08 PM
    Time is something BB doesn't have. Whatever lead they had in certain aspects of this market, they've lost. Apple will be more integrated with cars than BB10/QNX will be - simply because BB takes way too long to implement anything.

Technology moves fast - regardless of how slow YOU like it to go. BB has to move along with it or they'll get trampled. BB continues to move along at a snails pace and it's going to kill them.
    I don't like it slow but I'm realistic. If a platform is launched you can't expect the world to be onboard and ready on day1?

It took a few years after iphone launch for some idiots to make a iphone wired digital meat thermometer.

You're worse than a PM... Want everything yesterday.

Lol at apple integrated in cars..you talking about that killer siri button on the Chevy sonic?

QNX in over 60% of cars today! There's also Microsoft sync in others.. not sure what apple cars you talking about.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:37 PM
    BlackBerry 10 can talk to any other device running QNX as if it were natively part of the same system. But, there to date has not been any implementation of this. Many cars for example run QNX software to control vehicle functions as well as infotainment.
    What are the Innovative things does Blackberry 10 have?-my-little-pony-friendship-magic-episode-26.jpg
    eldricho likes this.
    07-04-13 04:33 PM
    Oh please, another crapple fan boy. Android started back in 2003, long before iOS.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10. Keep Moving!
    Also the iPhone was in the works about 3 years before release. What's your point?
    07-04-13 04:38 PM
    iPhone introduced in 2007. First Android phone introduced in fall of 2008.... Certainly Apple has copied a multitude of Android features since then, but the idea for a completely finger touch based phone/mediaplayer with a desktop class browser was really an Apple idea.
    Palm

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 09:57 PM
    Enough iPhone stuff way off topic. Gets old.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-04-13 11:48 PM
    Enough iPhone stuff way off topic. Gets old.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Exactly. With no mention about BB10 innovation since the first post.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by birdman_38; 07-05-13 at 01:36 AM.
    07-05-13 12:09 AM
    I don't like it slow but I'm realistic. If a platform is launched you can't expect the world to be onboard and ready on day1?

It took a few years after iphone launch for some idiots to make a iphone wired digital meat thermometer.

You're worse than a PM... Want everything yesterday.

Lol at apple integrated in cars..you talking about that killer siri button on the Chevy sonic?

QNX in over 60% of cars today! There's also Microsoft sync in others.. not sure what apple cars you talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Again - my 2011 Dodge Journey with 8.4 QNX system links with and controls my daughter's ipod, doesn't do anything with Blackberry BB10 or not.

QNX is an operating system, it will talk to whatever the car maker wants it to talk to and I would strongly suspect that Android handsets will talk to cars before BB10.
    07-05-13 08:25 AM
    BlackBerry developed an innovative OS which requires minimum 2GB of RAM, where as other mobile OS works fine with 512 or 1 GB. Thor came up with an innovative idea of killing PlayBook and showing middle finger to loyal BB users.
    07-05-13 11:48 AM
    Again - my 2011 Dodge Journey with 8.4 QNX system links with and controls my daughter's ipod, doesn't do anything with Blackberry BB10 or not.

QNX is an operating system, it will talk to whatever the car maker wants it to talk to and I would strongly suspect that Android handsets will talk to cars before BB10.
    Again - bb10 was launched in 2013. The integration is coming. Let's look at the dodge journey 2014 and then decide.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:40 PM

Legacy BB devices were communicating with cars way back.You talking about the same BB10 that updated a car.The same BB10 that did the first ever video chat from a car to phone and vice versa.Thats a cool story though.When you have no facts better to present fiction I guess.
    07-05-13 12:46 PM

My Chevrolet avalanche links up with my z10 seamlessly and the voice command program works very well. I can call,text,bbm. I'm going to test the music sync next, but with the built in satalite radio and gps, I have not really had a need for anything else. I'm going to see if I can get my Z, or PlayBook synced into the video entertainment system.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:47 PM
    Playbook bluetooth bridge was innovative. 2 devices sharing data on 1 4g connection was nice. Wifi hot spot sharing just kills the battery. Bluetooth is 1 mW!

App player of a different ecosystem(android) is pretty innovative and not easy to implement.

Mobile screen sharing is innovative. The concept existed on PC but I believe blackberry was first on mobile.

Baking of apps into the hub is innovative. Send a Facebook message without opening an app is innovative.

Bb10 virtual keyboard is innovative.

Invocation framework is innovative.

Peek and flow is innovative.

10.2 cinnamon and toast is innovative.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:56 PM
    Android copied Android? Hahahhaahha keep thinking that. Try Apple copied Android.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10. Keep Moving!
    Yeah, Android copied Android. If they stayed with that there would be no fanboy infighting.
    07-05-13 01:05 PM
    Time is something BB doesn't have. Whatever lead they had in certain aspects of this market, they've lost. Apple will be more integrated with cars than BB10/QNX will be - simply because BB takes way too long to implement anything.
    ...snip
    Wow. That's saying something, 'cause Apple is slow compared to the competition they face.
    07-05-13 01:10 PM
    I'm sorry, but it was not Apple's idea whatsoever. They just implemented it in the best way, quicker.

Posted via CB10
    So whose idea was it?

Palm

Posted via CB10
    Palm did not have a desktop class browser.
    07-05-13 01:12 PM
    Let's summarize all of the BB10 innovations mentioned in this thread:

1. Gesture based
    07-05-13 02:20 PM

Well my 2012 Dodge Journey with 4.3 QNX, not even 8.4 like you, works flawlessly with my Z10. I leave bluetooth on and a few minutes after starting the car it's connected, syncs my contacts, call list, opens the music app and starts playing, receives and makes calls, voice recognition works too.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    07-05-13 03:12 PM
    I really can't understand the Magic that Samsung has, well I hope those 20 million shipped are not Sales hehe. maybe they sold about 5 million. LOL
    Me either, but there's no logic to it for me. I simply don't like Android and have seen a lot of busted galaxies. Plus a lot of people I know who've switched from iPhone to Galaxy feel 'meh' about their phones.

Except the cameras. They really love the cameras.
    07-05-13 03:14 PM
    BlackBerry developed an innovative OS which requires minimum 2GB of RAM, where as other mobile OS works fine with 512 or 1 GB. Thor came up with an innovative idea of killing PlayBook and showing middle finger to loyal BB users.
    Thor takes the heat for it because he's the public face, but it should be Dan Dodge (chief technology officer) that gets his arse kicked for it.

The whole thing tells me that he didn't design BlackBerry 10 up front to play well with the PlayBook and he did not lead the teams to always keep that in mind.

The whole chain of events smacks of, "Yeah - we'll worry about retro-fitting it later" instead of designing the architecture to work well in that environment up front, then doing the UI and data migration work later as part of a "PLayBook specific project".

People can whine all they want in RIM or out about the technical challenges of making it work on 1 GB. The point is that if there are technical challenges making it work on 1 GB, they didn't think about that up front and should have.
    07-05-13 03:18 PM
    it can't work with BIS
    Is it a question of can't or "not worth the effort". Let's be blunt. BIS used to be important and the advantages it once brought used to be important. They aren't 'important' to most consumers now, or they'd be buying BlackBerry in droves because they see real benefits to push email, security and compression. Reality is, most people's email comes 'quick enough', most people's security is 'good enough' and good data plans and good networks no longer make compression worthwhile.

; it can't "talk to any other device;"
    What does that mean?

it can't do updates easily;
    What does that mean? Are you talking about the update mechanism, app updates or the carrier's holding updates? On the first two, I think it updates itself and apps fine. On the carrier thing, would be nice, not sure what RIM can do to make the carriers agree. Any suggestions? (Note: "Be like Apple" has no meat)

it has a reboot problem;
    Some do. Some did (like mine). It was fixed for many. Like mine.
    07-05-13 03:24 PM
    Playbook bluetooth bridge was innovative. 2 devices sharing data on 1 4g connection was nice. Wifi hot spot sharing just kills the battery. Bluetooth is 1 mW!
    I was doing this in 2007 using Winmo's bluetooth DUN profile.

App player of a different ecosystem(android) is pretty innovative and not easy to implement.
    Agreed.

Mobile screen sharing is innovative. The concept existed on PC but I believe blackberry was first on mobile.
    Agreed.

Baking of apps into the hub is innovative. Send a Facebook message without opening an app is innovative.
    Universal inbox have been around for years.

Bb10 virtual keyboard is innovative.
    The nod for innovation here goes to Swiftkey.

Invocation framework is innovative.
    Android had this from Day one.

Peek and flow is innovative.
    Peek is just an alternate UI of bring up the notification list. "Swipe up and to the right" instead of "swipe down from the top". In fact BB's Peek is less useful than Android notifications when minimizing the "in and out" paradigm.

10.2 cinnamon and toast is innovative.
    It would be when it gets here.
    07-05-13 03:35 PM
    I was doing this in 2007 using Winmo's bluetooth DUN profile.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Universal inbox have been around for years.

The nod for innovation here goes to Swiftkey.

Android had this from Day one.

Peek is just an alternate UI of bring up the notification list. "Swipe up and to the right" instead of "swipe down from the top". In fact BB's Peek is less useful than Android notifications when minimizing the "in and out" paradigm.

It would be when it gets here.
    WinMo to a tablet?

Yes universal inbox existed. I'm talking about Facebook, Twitter apps, not first party like bbm, email accounts.

Swift key is innovative. Doesn't mean bb10 keyboard is not. Swift key pales in comparison IMHO.

Peek and flow is unique, there's nothing like it.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 04:35 PM
    Well my 2012 Dodge Journey with 4.3 QNX, not even 8.4 like you, works flawlessly with my Z10. I leave bluetooth on and a few minutes after starting the car it's connected, syncs my contacts, call list, opens the music app and starts playing, receives and makes calls, voice recognition works too.

Posted via CB10
    The new Suzukis as well. All your contact pulled from linked in, address books etc...sync upon first connection. You can see the contact pictures and send a message on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 04:38 PM
49 12