Would reading his messages to Reeva have been possible if he had used BBM?
    Oscar trial: Transcript of message rows read in court | National | National | Mail & Guardian

Regardless this can still serve as a permanent high profile example of whatsapp chat security.

In this case used for good, but still, it's a perfect example of how easy is it is read your messages.
    03-25-14 03:21 AM
    When we had the riots in London, Blackberry decrypted and gave over the BBM transcripts of some of the rioters, so it can be done.
    03-25-14 03:53 AM
    Oscar trial: Transcript of message rows read in court | National | National | Mail & Guardian

Regardless this can still serve as a permanent high profile example of whatsapp chat security.

In this case used for good, but still, it's a perfect example of how easy is it is read your messages.
    If his chat history is one, then it can easily be read, esspecially if saved to a memory card. You can take it out and read it one a PC etc. If it was off however, it is likely to be a different story...
    03-25-14 01:00 PM
    IIRC, her phone was not locked so they had full access to the device. So BBM would not have made a difference. His phone is password protected and he claims he forgot the password so they are still working with Apple to try and unlock it.
    03-25-14 01:26 PM
    IIRC, her phone was not locked so they had full access to the device. So BBM would not have made a difference. His phone is password protected and he claims he forgot the password so they are still working with Apple to try and unlock it.
    He forgot his password? Man this guy is in a world of $hit!

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 and D_Gui like this.
    03-25-14 01:35 PM
    I really don't think it would have made any difference

Z10 10.2.1.2228
    03-25-14 02:12 PM

As noted by TheScionicMan, chat "security" is a non-issue when a party to the conversation offers the info up. Since most people don't chat with themselves, the better option might be, oh I don't know, not shooting your girlfriend. Just saying.
    D_Gui and neoberry99 like this.
    03-25-14 03:48 PM
    The guy is on trial for murder. I'm not sure using bbm would be beneficial. If he had his own bes setup I'm sure BlackBerry would hand the codes over if asked through proper channels.
    03-25-14 04:45 PM
    I think I gotta side with Wiki Cydia here..

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 05:14 PM