If Netflix and Skype are up and running for BB10 it for SURE will not be a bloodbath....
    ...RIM will easily rebuild it's user base in North America.

RIM lost it's market share because it's devices couldn't use the POPULAR Apps IOS and Droid COULD use....
    ...It's not any more difficult than that - RIM shores that up and their problems are over.
    ...They already have world class quality hardware and always have had that.

Everyone will be waiting to see if RIM can produce the kinds of functionality that cost it their market share......
    ...If RIM can deliver those things they will be just fine in North America.
    ...If not they still have a great market in the third world.
    11-20-12 05:19 PM
    Not to call the Grammar Police or anything, but when did "a big big bust" become a negative thing?
    11-20-12 05:20 PM
    Really?!! Sorry, I've got more important things going on than to worry about "what ifs". There's a million of those. If it happens, you deal with it.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-20-12 06:06 PM
    Choose another OS? Seriously. If BB10 doesn't do what you want pick one that does. It is not rocket science it is a phone coupled to a handheld computer and a camera. Dozens and dozens of companies make such a device.
    11-20-12 06:34 PM
    Apps will be there, I have confidence in what they are doing.

If you build it they will come.
    11-20-12 06:42 PM
    LOL. Hey! We've waited two years for BB10.....two years. Ok? You trying to cause trouble, buddy? http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...irty_Job-1.jpg We have more Elephants.
    Seriously, if it is a bust...... you move on to another device. Simple.

I have heard that the best way to get out of an elephant is to run around inside 'till you're all pooped out.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    11-20-12 06:48 PM
    The carriers are right...competition is needed. Customers like choice...no compeition, no innovation, no choice....at that pace the iPhone 6 will have 6 rows of icons and the Galaxy S4 will have a 6-core processor.
    8 - on Android Police today Sammy is about to come out with an 8 core in Feb
    11-20-12 07:25 PM
    ThundBuck
    RIM is not interested in selling all or even an equity stake or even licensing BB10. The only license deal they are interested in is for content. The whole posibility of licensing BB10 was a sham, it was for the investment market/analyst to shut them up
    I think folks completely misunderstood Thor when he said he wanted to license BB10, and assumed he meant to other phone makers. If you listen closely he is speaking about BB10 on medical devices, and taking that further how about a BB10 set top box similar to Google or Apple TV. I think their real interest is finding new, out of the box ways to use BB10 and with the flexiblity of QNX I think it's very very possible.
    11-20-12 07:34 PM
    I'm not going to talk about why I think BB10 will be a success, as that wasn't the question. But if I take the OP's question for what I think it means, as in, what if the entire world of smartphone buyers does not embrace this OS and sticks with Android and iOS? I think RIM will exist and continue to make the other products it makes very well. Remember, there are a lot of cars out there running QNX.
    11-20-12 10:58 PM
    Really?!! Sorry, I've got more important things going on than to worry about "what ifs". There's a million of those. If it happens, you deal with it.
    If you really had more important things then you wouldn't be commenting on this.
    11-20-12 11:01 PM
    Two words! NO WAY! Not gonna happen. This phone is the most hyped up BB I think to date. I really don't think it is going to be hype and nothing more. This is some serious business here, and is going to attract a lot of attention. For whatever it's worth, I stopped in my local Verizon store to pay my bill the other day, and for a staff that was so anti BB for the past few years, they were singing a different song the when I was there. All pretty much saying that they can't wait until it's release as well, and most of the reps there were rocking Android, so that told me a lot right there
    hype does not ensure success. look at Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    Advertising will be key.
    A solid release more so.
    BB10 looks really good, but it really doesnt offer too much more to the average consumer. At best it will be a viable third choice with a hardcore following of people who crave top notch communications from their device.
    And for most of their customers in the UK, the blackberry's main strength isnt the keyboard or the security. It's BBM. With the competition having their own, perhaps lesser, version of BBM, Blackberry needs to show off some of the improvements to BBM
    11-21-12 01:52 AM
    If it is a big bust then we might have to get our phones from another company in the future
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-21-12 05:21 AM
    hype does not ensure success. look at Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    Advertising will be key.
    A solid release more so.
    BB10 looks really good, but it really doesnt offer too much more to the average consumer. At best it will be a viable third choice with a hardcore following of people who crave top notch communications from their device.
    And for most of their customers in the UK, the blackberry's main strength isnt the keyboard or the security. It's BBM. With the competition having their own, perhaps lesser, version of BBM, Blackberry needs to show off some of the improvements to BBM
    I'm sure that BBM has reinvented in BB10. I already feel many differences than what we can get from others blackberry OS. Video and voice will be keys functions and 1st interesting factor from bb10.

And those features are built in BBM though your bb10 has to be connected with wifi network. You cannot use video and voice chat at mobile network.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    11-21-12 06:57 AM
    Could what happened to PalmOS (becoming WebOS) be a clue? Could the same thing happen for BBOS and BB10 if RIM go "bust"?
    11-23-12 03:25 PM
    What if my aunt had a ? Then shed be my uncle.
    11-23-12 06:09 PM
    Well then Maybe RIM would look at their mistakes again with BB10 and try another come back in a couple of years....
    11-24-12 10:49 AM
    If BB10 is as good as currently advertised, it will take RIM out of intensive care and into recovery mode. All RIM needs to do to stay competitive is reel back enough BB loyalists who have fled to IOS and Android. I believe BB10 will do that if everything we are hearing about the phone pans out.
    11-25-12 10:00 PM
    If BB10 is as good as currently advertised, it will take RIM out of intensive care and into recovery mode. All RIM needs to do to stay competitive is reel back enough BB loyalists who have fled to IOS and Android. I believe BB10 will do that if everything we are hearing about the phone pans out.
    People haven't fled anywhere, they have integrated devices into their daily lives wwith costly cancellation contracts.
    11-25-12 10:07 PM
    I think folks completely misunderstood Thor when he said he wanted to license BB10, and assumed he meant to other phone makers. If you listen closely he is speaking about BB10 on medical devices, and taking that further how about a BB10 set top box similar to Google or Apple TV. I think their real interest is finding new, out of the box ways to use BB10 and with the flexiblity of QNX I think it's very very possible.
    I'm convinced that RIM would gladly license BB10 to other handset manufacturers. I'm also convinced that the other manufacturers are all waiting to get a better sense of what the consumer acceptance is going to be for RIM's own devices before they commit.
    11-25-12 10:31 PM
69 123