Can someone help me with this, on my screen to the right underneath the Wi-Fi symbol there is an icon that I can't identify and i haven't been able to find out what it is anywhere on the internet. It is a little circle with a cross inside of it and also to the right of this little circle there are little signal bars (not too sure how to describe those). Does anyone know what this symbol / icon is?
    09-11-11 03:58 PM
    Can someone help me with this, on my screen to the right underneath the Wi-Fi symbol there is an icon that I can't identify and i haven't been able to find out what it is anywhere on the internet. It is a little circle with a cross inside of it and also to the right of this little circle there are little signal bars (not too sure how to describe those). Does anyone know what this symbol / icon is?

I believe that is your "location" symbol aka: GPS. Can anyone else confirm this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    eric115 likes this.
    09-11-11 04:12 PM
    Correct. It should show on all CDMA BB's, Sprint, Verizon, etc.
    eric115 likes this.
    09-11-11 04:28 PM
    And FYI, the little "signal/broadcast-looking" bars to the right of the circle with the crosshairs are only there when your GPS is turned on. When GPS is turned off (or in 911 mode) the broadcast lines go away and just the circle/crosshairs are there.

And welcome to CrackBerry, by the way.
    09-11-11 04:49 PM
    GPS. The crosshairs icon has been used even in the early days of CDMA. I recall some of my old Kyocera phones having it, albeit unable to use for navigation then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 09:37 PM
    Most if not all e911 phones come standard with it whether navigation is available or not

09-11-11 09:38 PM
    You know what's funny? This is the most asked question about the various symbols. I remember asking the same question a few years ago when I got my first BB. This should be a sticky!

09-12-11 12:13 AM
    You know what's funny? This is the most asked question about the various symbols. I remember asking the same question a few years ago when I got my first BB. This should be a sticky!

Exactly... it's a question asked all the time, and with a quick search of the forums, the answer could be found.

Therefore, I'm closing this thread lol
    09-12-11 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD