ETA: Solved, I turned off the option for my voicemail to call my phone and the icon disappeared. Thanks to all who replied.

The #1 with what looks like a little cassette (?). Anyone know what it is? I have looked through all of my email and sms folders, nothing is unanswered (since screenshot) and I cannot figure out how to get rid of it.

Last edited by StarrsNana; 09-05-08 at 06:09 PM.
    09-05-08 12:44 PM
    Voice Mail icon
    09-05-08 12:46 PM
    You have 1 voice mail
    09-05-08 12:46 PM
    09-05-08 12:51 PM
    You have 1 voice mail
    Okay, I checked my voicemail and I don't have any messages.

I have it set up where it calls me whenever I someone leaves a message so I didn't think I had any.
    09-05-08 01:01 PM
    Thank you, I did do a search but didn't see this.
    09-05-08 01:02 PM
    Voice Mail icon
    There must be a malfunction because I don't have any messages.
    09-05-08 01:03 PM
    If you have no voicemail, I would pull the battery and see if that clears it.
    09-05-08 01:04 PM
    Perform the all correcting battery pull. It's magic really, the battery pull.

EDIT: Garz, you beat me to it. You weren't there when I posted, I promise
    09-05-08 01:04 PM
    If a battery pull doesn't clear it... sometimes it's a network glitch. Call your voicemail, leave a message then call VM again, listen to your message & delete it. That should clear the indicator.
    09-05-08 01:11 PM
    If you have no voicemail, I would pull the battery and see if that clears it.
    Perform the all correcting battery pull. It's magic really, the battery pull.

EDIT: Garz, you beat me to it. You weren't there when I posted, I promise
    No go, the battery pull didn't work.
    09-05-08 03:11 PM
    If a battery pull doesn't clear it... sometimes it's a network glitch. Call your voicemail, leave a message then call VM again, listen to your message & delete it. That should clear the indicator.
    I'm thinking it must be a network glitch, it hasn't cleared up yet.
    09-05-08 03:12 PM
    Do as gadget geek said. If that does not work, you may have to back up your device on desktop manager and then wipe handheld. I had to do that once when a missed call icon would not go away.
    09-05-08 03:14 PM
    Starrs,

It is a Calendar Reminder. You have something on your calendar that is ready to be viewed. Click on your calendar and it should disappear.

The #1 with what looks like a little cassette (?). Anyone know what it is? I have looked through all of my email and sms folders, nothing is unanswered (since screenshot) and I cannot figure out how to get rid of it.

09-05-08 03:40 PM
    Do as gadget geek said. If that does not work, you may have to back up your device on desktop manager and then wipe handheld. I had to do that once when a missed call icon would not go away.
    Okay, I will try this as a last resort later tonight.

Starrs,

It is a Calendar Reminder. You have something on your calendar that is ready to be viewed. Click on your calendar and it should disappear.
    Tried this, still hasn't cleared.
    09-05-08 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD