Great, honest article. I hope RIM is reading such articles.

What I Would Do If I Were Made The CEO Of Research In Motion - Seeking Alpha
    03-07-12 03:35 PM
    I enjoyed the Read, I don't agree with his premise of going to the government for a loan, I'd like to see a request for a line of credit that they shouldn't actually need.

What I would go to the government for is commitments for BlackBerry Trails is government funded Enterprises like Education and Medicine, a RIM Technology partnership to find ways to use technology to improve those areas and reduce costs for the government,

getting in at the top, and working down to find problem areas and make solutions for them, rather then trying to make a product and look for the problems that it could fix.
    03-07-12 03:48 PM
    I also don't think making Balsillie and Lazaridis look like great guys for charitable donations is the answer. I don't care about charitable donations by executives when buying a product. In some cases it distracts. Microsoft was a better company before Gates left to spend all his time on his foundation.
    03-07-12 03:57 PM
    RIM has a great CEO, why should they get a new one already?
    03-07-12 04:19 PM
    The article doesn't suggest getting a new CEO. It suggests steps the current CEO can take to stem the negative perception of RIM.
    03-07-12 04:23 PM
    The answer to the OP's question; .......start a real marketing department(s). RIM needs to ADVERTISE in a BIG way
    03-07-12 04:25 PM
    @lak611 got it. I guess I didn't comprehend part of it.
    03-07-12 04:27 PM
    I would allow users to to swap freely for BB10 phones provided that the phone is purchased between now and the BB10 launch. The offer can be limited to specific model.

I think this can at least stop the existing users to swift to other phones while RIM needs time.
    03-07-12 04:36 PM
    So this guys spends 7 out of 8 items on his list whining about "shorters" and talking about bailouts from the government.

Finally, at #8, he addresses the root cause of RIM's troubles... the stuff they make and sell, lately in diminishing numbers. His solution:

"Grow RIM and be a significant player in the mobile space."

Well, heck, someone phone up Thorsten and tell him that all he needs to do is "grow RIM and be a significant player". Who knew it was that easy?
    03-07-12 04:51 PM
    1st thing I'd do is fire the ENTIRE Marketing department, period.
    03-07-12 07:39 PM
    So this guys spends 7 out of 8 items on his list whining about "shorters" and talking about bailouts from the government.

Finally, at #8, he addresses the root cause of RIM's troubles... the stuff they make and sell, lately in diminishing numbers. His solution:

"Grow RIM and be a significant player in the mobile space."

Well, heck, someone phone up Thorsten and tell him that all he needs to do is "grow RIM and be a significant player". Who knew it was that easy?
    It doesn't read at all as though 7-8 of his items are whinning about "shorters". Only 1 mentioned them. So 1 out of 8. Are you a rim "shorter"?

So many times I've seen conversations where if you ask them why they think whats wrong with RIM and they will bring up their share price. Increasing the share price would help decrease the negative perception surrouding RIM.
    03-08-12 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD