12-17-11 10:54 AM
36 12
tools
    I had left my phone in my truck, so I grabbed my wife's ipone and asked siri to open youtube. She politely told me she would like to but it wasn't allowed. I tried a couple more web sites and she told me the same thing.
    I'm sorry I'll stick w/ my BlackBerry w/ vlingo jus saying.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 05:19 PM
    Ask Siri to read your texts. Then ask Vlingo.
    Ask Siri to remind you when you get home to fold laundry. Then ask Vlingo.

There are a lot of things she can do. Opening YouTube isn't one of them. I love using Siri. She's very helpful at a lot of things.
    12-16-11 05:24 PM
    echo, why are all your posts like this?
    12-16-11 05:40 PM
    User error. Siri is not cool it's useful for everyday tasks.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    12-16-11 05:41 PM
    I had left my phone in my truck, so I grabbed my wife's ipone and asked siri to open youtube. She politely told me she would like to but it wasn't allowed. I tried a couple more web sites and she told me the same thing.

Lol. Not allowed to ope youtube? The rest of the sites?

Were you intoxicated when you tried this?
    12-16-11 05:43 PM

Maybe your wife told siri not to let you watch stuff on youtube...thats why she's not allowed to.

Sent from my "Awesome Sauced (with bacon)" Galxaxy S
    12-16-11 05:48 PM
    Siri was a gimmick introduced by apple to sell more devices. One month later most people myself included do not even use it... Seriously, talking to your phone is not cool
    12-16-11 05:49 PM
    Lmao, vlingo reads my txt without being told to.
    Why is all my post like what? Oh its not so funny when somebody shows the dull edges of iphones? Man this is so funny.

12-16-11 06:30 PM
    iPhones. Meh.
    The day I leave my BlackBerry for one, I have officially gone insane.
    12-16-11 07:36 PM
    Siri, for the millionth time, is in Beta. Which means it isn't finished or ready fully yet. So it doesn't do 100 languages yet. It will search for things on the web for you, but it won't control or open native (or non native) apps yet. However, I would assume those are all features being worked on.

Siri was a gimmick introduced by apple to sell more devices. One month later most people myself included do not even use it... Seriously, talking to your phone is not cool
    Yep, apparently Apple resorts to gimmicks now to sell phones because they just can't sell them otherwise

And talking to your phone isn't cool? Pray tell what you do when you get a phone call then?

Siri does allow raise to activate as an FYI
    12-16-11 07:41 PM
    It can rap tho.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    12-16-11 07:55 PM
    And the gimmick worked.

Seriously, Apple is waaaay better at Marketing than RIM. You would have told me last year that a voice app would be the reason that millions of phones are being sold, I would have spat in your face in laughter. Yes, spat right in your face. But here we are, the 4S with record sales, on a platform that basically hasn't changed in over a year and a half.

Vlingo works okay, I don't use it often. I tend to open up the Google search app and just talk into that if I'm too lazy to type...
    12-16-11 08:13 PM
    The truth be told that Apple just has an amazing marketing scheme, they can just make a holiday edition Iphone 4S doing the same exact thing that a regular one does, make a commercial and then BAM, sales are through the roof.

The reason why I love this commercial, amazing marketing scheme and attack on Apple lol, plus its so true.....kinda interested in this, anyone know if its a good phone as well

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4VHzNEWIqA[/YT]
    azrin640, mithrazor and recompile like this.
    12-16-11 08:32 PM
    My bro just got a Sprint Iphone. I'd rather have a 9900 keyboard and just type it in. Siri is the next "bluetooth in the ear guy". People walking around talking to their phone with no one on the other end connected, just Siri...
    12-16-11 08:32 PM
    Lol. Not allowed to ope youtube? The rest of the sites?

Were you intoxicated when you tried this?
    Smh, yes siri will not open youtube, crackberry.com or any .com I've tried.
    Oh btw fwiw I don't drink but for fun I asked siri if I was drunk. She said she hopesim not driving and gives me the option to call a cab.
    Vlingo will read any messages, compose messages, send them, open apps and websites I tell it. It updates facebook and twitter. It also edits calender events. Vlingo also dials from contacts or a number you tell it to dial.So yea I'm sticking to my vlingo which is also avaible on ips. I'm glad to know siri can remind my wife to fold cloths and call her a cab if she needs it.

N4TBG and recompile like this.
    12-16-11 08:51 PM
    Falling for the same "gimmick" because you couldn't recognize it pre-purchase is even less cool than talking to your phone.
    12-16-11 08:57 PM
    Good deal. I'm not sure RIM can afford to lose any more users.
    12-16-11 09:01 PM
    Falling for the same "gimmick" because you couldn't recognize it pre-purchase is even less cool than talking to your phone.
    Siri did not even factor into my purchase. I don't see myself every using it, but then again I had vlingo on my BB and thought it was a gimmick also. I don't get the attraction to either one of them, but again that just proves to each his/her own. Not many people bought the 4S for Siri that I know, and I find it hard to believe when reviews state it as something driving sales. I don't buy it as influencing buyers much.
    12-16-11 09:22 PM
    Users lost where replaced and some that had left came back. Haven't you read the thread?
    12-16-11 09:31 PM
    Siri did not even factor into my purchase. I don't see myself every using it, but then again I had vlingo on my BB and thought it was a gimmick also. I don't get the attraction to either one of them, but again that just proves to each his/her own. Not many people bought the 4S for Siri that I know, and I find it hard to believe when reviews state it as something driving sales. I don't buy it as influencing buyers much.
    My point was that the commenter was at once claiming Siri was a "gimmick" while also indirectly admitting that he/she fell for the very same "gimmick." To be clear, I don't consider Siri a gimmick, which is why when I used the word "gimmick" in my response I placed it within quotes.

Users lost where replaced and some that had left came back. Haven't you read the thread?
    Yes, I did read it. The problem is that I also read RIM's earnings reports.
    12-16-11 09:40 PM
    Where is the stat most people aren't using it?

My wife and I use it all the time. I bet I use Siri and the voice recognition technology 50 times a day on my iPhone. I hardly ever type a thing on it. It reads all my texts and I even dictate reports. Gimmick? Hardly.

The BB keyboard is turning into the gimmick these days.
    12-16-11 11:58 PM
    Ask Siri to read your texts. Then ask Vlingo.
    Ask Siri to remind you when you get home to fold laundry. Then ask Vlingo.

There are a lot of things she can do. Opening YouTube isn't one of them. I love using Siri. She's very helpful at a lot of things.
    Just curious but how would Siri know when you're home though?
    12-17-11 12:35 AM
    Just curious but how would Siri know when you're home though?
    Initially you define where home is, whether it's based on current GPS location or an address.

Then, every time you set a reminder for notification when you get home, the Reminder app will keep an eye on your GPS location as it gets closer to deadline. When it sees you in the general radius of "home," it reminds you w/e you needed reminding.

Edit: Same thing with setting up "Work" address, or with people. Ex: "Call my wife" for the first time asks you to pick out your wife from contacts. After that, Siri associates that name with "Wife."
    12-17-11 12:44 AM
    Strange, I thought their user base grew 40% this year.

I guess the droves of users abandoning blackberry aren't quite as big as the droves of users flocking to them
    12-17-11 02:07 AM
    Ask Siri to read your emails, then ask Vlingo.

For the record, I don't use Vlingo anymore
    12-17-11 02:43 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD