I have decided that I am willing to pay up to $3000.00 for a mobile device from BB, using the BB OS. I do not like the android or apple options. "Deep sigh" Another desperate hail for the return of Blackberry.
    08-22-18 10:04 AM
    Great! If you can get another 30,000 people to join you, you might be able to restart development.
    08-22-18 02:00 PM
    Even if you were willing to pay a billion dollars, you almost certainly wouldn't be able to interest BB's board in restarting BB10 development, so I am afraid it's nothing more than wishful thinking.
    bakron1 likes this.
    08-22-18 02:46 PM
    You're better off spending $650 on a KEY2, which is something that'll actually support the brand lol. You'll also be saving $2350 from the imaginary Blackberry device.
    08-23-18 09:15 AM
    I'm writing this on a new Bold I bought for £100 on BBOS....
    08-23-18 11:58 AM
    LOL....Some just can't let go.
    genghiskhan-11 likes this.
    08-23-18 05:52 PM
    Breaking up is never easy

Posted via my Awesome passport
    08-24-18 02:19 AM
    I'm writing this on a new Bold I bought for £100 on BBOS....
    So you’re willing to pay £100 for a new BBOS or BB10 device. That price assures loss on every device sold.....
    the_boon likes this.
    08-24-18 02:40 AM
    So you’re willing to pay £100 for a new BBOS or BB10 device. That price assures loss on every device sold.....
    Well if that's what a new Bold costs online, why pay more? The OP said what he would pay for a new bb device and i said what I actually did pay, rather less than they were prepared to as it turned out. I've paid an awful lot more for BB10 and BBOS devices new but the 9900 has always been my favourite.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    08-24-18 03:10 AM
    You're better off spending $650 on a KEY2, which is something that'll actually support the brand lol. You'll also be saving $2350 from the imaginary Blackberry device.
    If BlackBerry (or its successors) creates a Key3 that is hardly an upgrade from the Key2 it will literally be repeating the history of BB10. I bought a Q10 and they never created another device on BBOS 10 to succeed that. The Q20 appeared to bealmost the same exact specs as Q10.

I've bought a Key2 (during pre-release) and it is sitting on my shelf out of battery. I won't be buying any more Androids. I'm done.

It's not BlackBerry, I just don't like Android's eco system. I've dropped SonyEricsson already when they went Android and BlackBerry might have to become the next I drop. If the BB10 or Curve I bought stop working after 2019 or 2020.

I just bought a new Q20 and a Curve 9380 off Ebay to see which I prefer more going forward. I don't need the Apps. After having an Iphone I realize I have over 150 apps some of which I haven't touched in 2-3 years. I don't need apps after-all. Some of the apps were eateries, i.e. Papa Ginos, Subway, some were travel, airlines (Jetblue) some were bus companies (Greyhound, GoBusses) etc. Weather apps. etc. These are all stuff I can do without. These companies have websites. Or I can use Hotels.com or other sites to find the best deal at the time and book there via computer. I don't need to tie myself to Android or I-Phone over these insignificant apps. If I stop using LYFT every day and the start trying to give me promos to use them again I can tell them I don't have a device to work with their service anymore either. Or maybe some other ridesharing company works now on BB. I'll have to search App World some more.
    Last edited by Digital_Islandboy; 08-30-18 at 11:46 AM.
    08-24-18 03:59 AM
    If BlackBerry (or its successors) creates a Key3 that is hardly an upgrade from the Key2 it will literally be repeating the history of BB10. I bought a Q10 and they never created another device on BBOS 10 to succeed that. The Q20 was almost the same exact specs.

I've bought a Key2 (during pre-release) and it is sitting on my shelf out of battery. I won't be buying any more Androids. I'm done.

It's not BlackBerry, I just don't like Android's eco system. I've dropped SonyEricsson already when they went Android and BlackBerry might have to become the next I drop. If the BB10 or Curve I bought stop working after 2019 or 2020.

I just bought a new Q20 and a Curve 9380 off Ebay to see which I prefer more going forward. I don't need the Apps. After having an I-phone I realize I have over 150 apps some of which I haven't touched in 2-3 years. I don't need apps after-all. Some of the apps were eateries, i.e. Papa Ginos, Subway, some were travel, airlines (Jetblue) some were bus companies (Greyhound, GoBusses) etc. Weather apps. etc. These are all stuff I can do without. These companies have websites. Or I can use Hotels.com or other sites to find the best deal at the time and book there via computer. I don't need to tie myself to Android or I-Phone over these insignificant apps. If I stop using LYFT every day and the start trying to give me promos to use them again I can tell them I don't have a device to work with their service anymore either. Or maybe some other ridesharing company works now on BB. I'll have to search App World some more.
    You are definitely an outlier, not the typical smartphone user.

That's totally fine, at least there's some people for those devices.

But if one day you do want to get into this world of apps etc, the BlackBerry Mobile Android phones are the best option.
    08-24-18 06:28 AM
    If BlackBerry (or its successors) creates a Key3 that is hardly an upgrade from the Key2 it will literally be repeating the history of BB10. I bought a Q10 and they never created another device on BBOS 10 to succeed that. The Q20 was almost the same exact specs.

I just bought a new Q20 and a Curve 9380 off Ebay to see which I prefer more going forward. I don't need the Apps. After having an I-phone I realize I have over 150 apps some of which I haven't touched in 2-3 years. I don't need apps after-all. Some of the apps were eateries, i.e. Papa Ginos, Subway, some were travel, airlines (Jetblue) some were bus companies (Greyhound, GoBusses) etc. Weather apps. etc. These are all stuff I can do without. These companies have websites. Or I can use Hotels.com or other sites to find the best deal at the time and book there via computer. I don't need to tie myself to Android or I-Phone over these insignificant apps. If I stop using LYFT every day and the start trying to give me promos to use them again I can tell them I don't have a device to work with their service anymore either. Or maybe some other ridesharing company works now on BB. I'll have to search App World some more.
    You realize BB10 has been announced EOL 12/31/2019 and active BB10 App development and support is practically over. Fine to use what’s left but it’s not much at this point. Enjoy what’s left, but lower your expectations for BB10 and BBOS, it’s over for both OS in 18 months for the most part.
    08-24-18 06:47 AM
    If you can't get 3rd party software developed, then it doesn't matter if you spend 3 thousand or 3 billion.

And if you don't need 3rd party software, then why is it important for them to make a new phone? Just continue to buy cheap leftover BB10/BBOS/flip phones.
    TGR1 likes this.
    08-24-18 10:00 AM
    If you can't get 3rd party software developed, then it doesn't matter if you spend 3 thousand or 3 billion.

And if you don't need 3rd party software, then why is it important for them to make a new phone? Just continue to buy cheap leftover BB10/BBOS/flip phones.
    True, but the bigger problem is always the difference between what someone says they are willing to pay vs what they actually pay. One of BB10s biggest problems was its abysmal ASP. At a time when Apple's ASP was well over $600 BlackBerry almost never broke $300.

When BlackBerry announced the Passport the main comment on the forum was the price. Tons of comments about how BlackBerry better not charge more than $500. Also, how BlackBerry needed to sell sub $200 phones. Many here do not understand there are two markets in mobile. Not Android vs iOS, the real market is high end vs low end.

Microsoft tried to enter the market by selling low end Windows phones. They built a decent market share, but achieved nothing. Low end buyers do not buy apps, games or media on their phones. Microsoft abandoned the low end because they were losing money and not building their eco system.

Low end only works for companies that don't have overhead like developing their own OS and eco system and can sell in massive volumes.

Either way it does not matter, BlackBerry Limited has zero interest in reentering its mobile phone market. In fact I am sure on the first day of 2020 BlackBerry Limited will be thrilled to shut down the servers and close that chapter of their corporate history.
    pdr733, skrble and TGR1 like this.
    08-24-18 10:26 AM
    Yeah, I can say that I'm willing to spend all kinds of money I don't have on things I know will never happen.
    08-24-18 11:07 AM
    Yeah, I can say that I'm willing to spend all kinds of money I don't have on things I know will never happen.
    Hey I'd pay $50K for a personal rock pack that I could use everyday....
    08-24-18 11:20 AM
    I can develop a rock pack anybody can use as long as they want, no updates required.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-18 01:18 PM
    snap bro! you can be buying a blackberry porsche for that kind of dough.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-26-18 11:27 PM

Because standards in mobile technology change such as 5G. Apps aside. An HTML5 compliant browser etc.
    08-29-18 10:23 AM
    This is really a shame.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-18 06:18 AM
    You realize BB10 has been announced EOL 12/31/2019 and active BB10 App development and support is practically over. Fine to use what’s left but it’s not much at this point. Enjoy what’s left, but lower your expectations for BB10 and BBOS, it’s over for both OS in 18 months for the most part.
    Will older version BB models not work after 2019? I am still on a 9650 and only really use email, the phone and I cut and paste ALL DAY long. I have tried the Key1 but primarily didnt like it because of the cut and paste options. The Bold is SO EASY to cut and paste with the just one (mostly) hand. I would love to be able to use my old BB moving forward or just REALYY wish they would make a phone with a trackball (pad) like the older versions. Thoughts?
    09-01-18 11:01 AM
    BBOS was officially EOL back in 2014. BIS is being shut down on December 31, 2019. That is going to effectively end BBOS (and BB10 for the most part, because of the other services being shut down).

But if that didn't, the move to 5G and the shutdown of 3G services would have done so anyway. Carriers have already started to prohibit the activation of devices that can't make VoLTE phone calls (and no BBOS phone even supports LTE), so one way or another, you will need to move on.

As far as trackpads, the Classic is very likely to be the last mobile phone to have one. There just isn't a market big enough to justify making them.

BB has been out of the smartphone business since 2016, and they have no interest or intention to return, nor is any company interested in licensing BB's OSs.

And TCL/BBMo is clearly trying to win PKB users, but is otherwise going as mainstream as they can because that's the only way to be profitable - and TCL isn't interested in taking losses.

So, enjoy your phone for the time that remains, but be prepared to move on because that time is fast approaching - and there could be things that happen before the end of next year that force a move. BB has already stated that some services will be shut down along the way and with little to no notice. Given the EOL status, they feel (and have) no obligation to warn anyone.
    cribble2k and skrble like this.
    09-01-18 02:56 PM
    I have decided that I am willing to pay up to $3000.00 for a mobile device from BB, using the BB OS. I do not like the android or apple options. "Deep sigh" Another desperate hail for the return of Blackberry.
    OMG! 3000$ for a brick? Cause you know that most carriers don’t offer BIS plans anymore.

No matter how much you like the OS and even if BB spend billions to release a new BBOS device... it won’t work if you don’t have a BIS plan.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    09-01-18 07:26 PM
    Will older version BB models not work after 2019? I am still on a 9650 and only really use email, the phone and I cut and paste ALL DAY long. I have tried the Key1 but primarily didnt like it because of the cut and paste options. The Bold is SO EASY to cut and paste with the just one (mostly) hand. I would love to be able to use my old BB moving forward or just REALYY wish they would make a phone with a trackball (pad) like the older versions. Thoughts?
    You'll be doing yourself a big favor by moving to a KEY2 LE
    09-02-18 05:51 AM
    I would give $5000 for a new BB10 Passport 2 SE!
    09-03-18 09:42 AM
161 123 ...