03-26-09 05:46 AM
30 12
tools
    Since I got my Curve, I have sold my iPod, ( I put my fav. songs on the microSD card), decided against getting Roadrunner, (I only use internet for emails and sites like CB), cancelled my XM radio (I got iheartradio and use my FM transmitter), and stopped talking to my friends (I don't need em now that I got my BB)...LOL just kidding of course, but my BB has allowed me to cut back on devices...what about you guys?
    03-25-09 09:40 PM
    it has replaced alot ...my camera,calculator, ipod.for music and movies
    03-25-09 09:42 PM
    PSP, iPod video, laptop, crappier phones, etc.
    03-25-09 09:45 PM
    Aside from the phone that came before it not much.
    Great at email, messaging and as a phone. Sucks as a camera,
    video recorder, multimedia device. In its current configurations no
    BB can ever be an all-in-one device.
    03-25-09 09:47 PM
    It hasn't really replaced anything. But my ipod pretty stays connected to my car. Andi don't need to have my laptop with me nearly as much. The only problem with this is that I wind up needing a mid day charge on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 09:48 PM
    well I have to say that I dont really go on the internet anymore. Being able to check my emails is making life way too easy.
    03-25-09 09:53 PM
    I hear you on the mid-day charge. Haha. I guess my needs just fit well within the parameters of what my BB can do.
    03-25-09 09:55 PM
    No more Palm (thank HEAVEN), and a lot less time on the the laptop to check emails. I still do most of my surfing on my laptop, but use the mobile version of CB a lot. My iPod is still in constant use for work (I create playlists for my P.E. classes for kids with special needs) and I really do like it better for music when I'm cleaning house or working out simply because of its small size (Nano).
    03-25-09 09:56 PM
    Definitely phone/SMS... Kinda leaning towards replacing desktop email. It replaced my iPod touch as my mobile internet device (even though the browser is eons better on the iPhone OS). And it's the highest quality camera I currently own.

I'm trying to get myself used to liking the services on BB more than desktop so that I can have my preferrable services in my pocket wherever I go... But I don't think it'll ever be able to meet my web browsing needs
    03-25-09 10:00 PM
    Just my old phone. And my friends. Lol.

03-25-09 10:07 PM
    Ditched our land line and are totally mobile with BBs. Rarely use desktop email anymore. Eliminated wall calendar.

03-25-09 10:26 PM
    It has replaced me running back to a computer all of the time to check my email, replaced me writing numbers down while in the car (people just email them to me), replaced my MP3 player, in car dvd player, laptop use on the air plane, news paper in the restroom. And many more thinks I can't even image living without.
    03-25-09 10:28 PM
    When I got my curve 8310 in november it really didn;t replace anything other than my phone...

now that I have a BOLD... my Zune collects dust, I will go 3-4 days without opening outlook on my computer, and I no longer take my laptop to class with me to use during my breaks...
    03-25-09 10:37 PM
    i definitely use it as a convenience thing versus flat out replacing things. like, if i'm going to run out to do errands, i might not bring my ipod with me because i have music on my phone anyway and i'm going to connect it to my car. or i won't bring my camera when i'm going out with some friends just because i have one handy on my blackberry. but it certainly won't replace my real camera for big events like weddings, graduations, parties, etc.

and it certainly won't ever replace my computer, some things are just better viewed on a computer but blackberrys sure makes being in communication awesome
    Last edited by redsoxrocker; 03-25-09 at 10:58 PM.
    03-25-09 10:42 PM
    didn't really replace anything accept my old phones i tell you this i will never go back to my old phones. I'm a crack berry for life lol
    03-25-09 10:43 PM
    It repalce my Sony W760i and my Canon SD1100IS.

It hasn't fully replaced my 120GB Black iPoid classic because 60% were purchased from iTunes.

03-25-09 10:44 PM
    Saved me from having to buy a computer, it does everything I needed a laptop for, and with the economy, I use it to save even more, especially fuel, and in a big rig, that's the second highest expense we have.

I love my CrackBerry experience.

03-25-09 10:47 PM
    It has replaced my LG Dare.
    It's my primary camera, as I don't carry my Canon SD1000 everywhere.
    It has also become my primary MP3 player... All I need to do now is buy an FM transmitter and enjoy my music in my Avalanche.
    03-25-09 10:56 PM
    Replaced my love with palms.
    Hasn't really replaced anything else.
    Ipod use for the gym. I power lift so I dot want to bring my phone and smash it one day from a weight dropping on it, lol
    Nothing will take away my laptop. As fast as this device is online it still can't beat 20/5 connection.
    It has taken away a lot of wondering about things. I can just look them up on the berry.
    Ohh yeah and I forgot what it was like to be a normal person constantly worrying about my berry like it is a damn kid, lol

03-25-09 10:59 PM
    it has not fully replaced much.

I do not use my digital camera anymore. And when my storm is here (tomorrow/today) My camera would be less mp anyhow lol . I never owned a mp3 player because i got into PDAs before mp3 players were "cool" I had a Palm and WM device before and will never go back. I wont even sell them to customers (I own/run a cell phone store). I NEVER email from the computer. I only use CB on the computer because I currently have a pearl and the screen is just too small for all web browsing.
    when Facebook is working correctly!!! I use that for all my fb needs.
    although i never had a calender before it replaces what i would of used... does that count?
    03-25-09 11:25 PM
    Mann! I love my BB. But it couldn't ever replace my iPod or Sony Camera !
    The camera is good for just "random" pictures but I got a thing for taking pictures so either way my camera is always with me. But it's really handy for those "you had to be there" moments.
    The music player is a good future but I hate how it's NOT organized lol

I love the calendar feature and use it but I still like having my book-planner.

I'm not on the computer as much anymore. I rarely check mail on the computer.

But, for me, there's no way it could replace all my sweet electronics. Haha.

03-25-09 11:38 PM
    Mine replaced my camera and a bunch of post-its I used to put all over my laptop to remind me to do stuff. It hasn't replaced my ipod yet because I have too many songs on it to try and burden the Storm with all of them
    03-25-09 11:42 PM
    My computer Gmail, Yahoo, and university e-mail, calendar, alarm clock, address book, IM service, to do list, memorandums, password protection, money management, camera (sometimes), map, navigation system, and event seeker (Live Search). It replaced my life, I suppose
    03-25-09 11:46 PM
    I'm not saying that other people do or don't need. Just saying what I have replaced and no longer use since MY 8330/4.5.0.131 Curve on the Sprint Network

Replaced my

V-tech Home Phone
    Treo - Cell Phone
    Sansa - Mp3 Player
    Elf - Camera
    Garmin - GPS Nav
    Sony - Voice Recorder
    Laptop
    Radio
    Alarm Clock
    Calculator
    Stop Watch
    Thermomiter
    lil bitty flash light
    Map in the glove box
    Phone Book on coffe table
    My Time Chatting on IM's

And even before my BB I replace some stuff with my Treo

Paper notepadd
    Paper to do list
    A calendar on my wall
    My little black book

I still need

My Home
    My Car
    My TV
    My Desk Top pc
    My Women

03-26-09 01:23 AM
    It mainly just replaced my Helio Ocean.

It's also a good sub for a camera when I forget mine.
    03-26-09 01:34 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD