Has Alicia Keys done anything for BlackBerry as global creative director?
    06-28-13 03:22 PM
    Nothing as far as I can tell. I wonder if she is still using a BB10 device?
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    06-28-13 03:30 PM
    I wouldn't place too much merit on her position. All her fancy title really equates to, is "Celebrity Spokesperson". I don't know why anybody would expect anything more from her than photo shoots and delivering promotional addresses.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via TapaTalk 4 beta.
    06-28-13 03:34 PM
    Nothing as far as I can tell. I wonder if she is still using a BB10 device?
    everyone knows she has an iPhone too.
    06-28-13 03:56 PM
    Has Alicia Keys done anything for BlackBerry as global creative director?
    On has been "on fire," but what is she cooking?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 03:57 PM
    I'm not sure if this was asked before. Why didn't Thor hire Kevin for that role. He has the passion for the job.
    Vithulan L Nathan likes this.
    06-28-13 03:59 PM
    I don't think any of us can really judge Blackberry's decision when we don't even know what they're paying her.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 03:59 PM
    Alicia Keys is cool and all, and I usually wouldn't care how many other-platform devices anyone owns, but being an endorsement to HELP MARKET A PRODUCT she isn't really helping at all especially owning (and using) multiple devices from BB's direct competitors. It just brings the credibility of everything she tries to promote about the product down.

We need a celebrity who actually uses the product on a day to day basis and can promote it's features to the masses. Yes, this can go as far as finding a celebrity who uses that phone EXCLUSIVELY. Not just sign someone hip and cool for a fat pay-check and have them say what BlackBerry wants them to say.
    Last edited by Dzyen; 06-28-13 at 04:17 PM.
    06-28-13 04:02 PM
    I'm not sure if this was asked before. Why didn't Thor hire Kevin for that role. He has the passion for the job.
    I'm going to guess star power and a huge fan base. We all love Kevin but that is a completely different league.
    h20work likes this.
    06-28-13 04:12 PM
    Thanks guys for the replies.
    06-28-13 04:13 PM
    Promoted herself and Reebok

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 04:15 PM
    Not a dang thing, stupidest marketing campaign I've ever seen. I swear BB management hasn't a clue.
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-28-13 04:20 PM
    For unforgetables memories from the old country with 9 centuries .
    Many things for enjoy at Oporto and north of Portugal-Europe.
    06-28-13 04:23 PM
    She's been making lots of money

Posted via CB10
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-28-13 04:23 PM
    Probably taken some paychecks? I don't know is she doing this pro bono? I don't remember if anything like that was discussed during the Jan 31 event...
    06-28-13 04:25 PM
    I hate to say it......but the Kardashians would probably have been better lol... Atleast they always seem to be seen using a BlackBerry, or did anyway. I guess that just goes to show how bad their current marketing is.
    h20work and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    06-28-13 04:26 PM
    I hate to say it......but the Kardashians would probably have been better lol... Atleast they always seem to be seen using a BlackBerry, or did anyway. I guess that just goes to show how bad their current marketing is.
    I don't know at least Alicia Keys doesn't tick off a great deal of people, whereas ya know the other way around there might be not much positive with Keys, but there could be a great deal negative with one of those. Unless there was a BlackBerry xxx tape that made BlackBerry famous! I don't know how that'd work, and I'm not that interested myself, but money is where money is, i guess...
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    06-28-13 05:04 PM
    They need to get rid of Alicia Keys and hire Kevin!They also need to get rid of who ever is in charge of Marketing, he's not doing a good job either!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:12 PM
    I do not understand how you folks are seeing Ms Keys, Global Creative Director, as a marketing liability. Marketing is not her role, this is:

In her new role, Keys will work closely with app developers, content creators, retailers, carriers and the entertainment community to further shape and enhance the BlackBerry 10 platform, and inspire creative use through its remarkable capabilities and functionality. From music to books, to film, to apps, Keys will lead the charge of enhancing entertainment consumption and distribution, through the power of BlackBerry 10.
    (emphasis, mine)

Where in there does anyone see marketing, advertising or brand messaging?
    Jerale Hoard and raino like this.
    06-28-13 08:20 PM
    Never know. There could be something in the works. Something big that hasn't quite shone on the horizon yet.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:36 PM
    I do not understand how you folks are seeing Ms Keys, Global Creative Director, as a marketing liability. Marketing is not her role, this is:

(emphasis, mine)

Where in there does anyone see marketing, advertising or brand messaging?
    Thanks for posting that. And what has she done to that (emphasized) end?
    06-28-13 09:12 PM
    If she was Frank's idea, it just proves that the BBRY marketing team is clueless.
    She isn't moving BlackBerrys.
    She isn't doing much.

Her appearance at the launch in New York was the highlight. Of course, Kevin's shearing was, well, different. But what has she done in 6 months? Nothing.
    06-28-13 09:23 PM
    She is just a model to hold the phone for blackberry in the eyes of the press, nothing else. And a wrong model chosen to begin with. I don't even know what is the whole deal with her.

And I agree with the kardashians, at least they promote blackberry in their TV shows unconditionally. This shows that blackberry doesn't have a single clue what is going on.

Sent from my WhiteBerry Z10
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-28-13 09:31 PM
    Edit: Sorry double post
    06-28-13 09:35 PM
    Thanks for posting that. And what has she done to that (emphasized) end?
    No idea but that wasn't the point. How she is doing as GCD has nothing to do with BBRY's marketing woes and or effectiveness of their "spokespeople"
    06-28-13 09:42 PM
71 123