Hi:
    I am planning on getting a new BB and I was wondering what will happen with the applications that I have bought for my Berry. Would I have to buy them again? So far I have bought Jivetalk, Empower pro, Guitar hero and 3 Themes.

BTW, my curve is new(I got it in February) but the track ball and the keypad don't turn on(light up) anymore, so I can't use it at night. It just stop working, that is why I need a new one unless there's a solution...
    Thanks
    05-03-08 12:32 AM
    Use your Desktop Manager software and run the "Switch Device" program. It will walk you through it, and you will keep all your applications.
    05-03-08 12:33 AM
    Write down those license keys or registration codes, sometimes the Switch Device Wiz doesn't move the licenses which are registered to another BB and its PIN.
    05-03-08 12:37 AM
    Where and How do I get those codes?
    05-03-08 12:51 AM
    You would be better off replacing it instead of trying to get it repaired especially since its still under warranty.
    05-03-08 12:54 AM
    If the "switch device wizard" doesn't work, your best bet is to e-mail each individual developer, explain that you've changed BlackBerry devices and thus need their application activated on your new device...

Also, when you e-mail each developer, be sure to include both your old AND new device PINs - developers can wirelessly enable and disable software on individual devices using their PIN.

I don't own a computer and when I recently changed devices, this is how I successfully transferred all of my purchased applications to my new device...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-08 05:10 AM
    Where and How do I get those codes?
    You should have got them when you purchased the software..
    05-03-08 11:15 AM
    You should have got them when you purchased the software..
    Yeah, I know for the registration but I dindn't write them down...
    05-03-08 01:18 PM
    for jivetalk, you can just open JT, press menu>about jivetalk.

the client ID is your reg. code.

I hope you bought the 29.99 user license, not the 19.99 device license.

If it says user license under client ID, you can just enter it into JT on your new berry.

If it says DEVICE license, then you need to go to BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go and contact them, they will let you upgrade to the user license, for a fee.

For all the others, you can dl the trial software, and contact the developer, so they can get you a new registration code.

Some programs, like empowr, i believe, have the license key locked to the PIN.
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 05-03-08 at 01:27 PM.
    05-03-08 01:24 PM
    What do you mean by locked to the PIN?So I would have to pay for Empower again?
    What is the difference between the $19.99 Jivetalk and the $29.99one? I have the $19.99 one.
    Thanks

05-04-08 12:09 AM
    What do you mean by locked to the PIN?So I would have to pay for Empower again?
    What is the difference between the $19.99 Jivetalk and the $29.99one? I have the $19.99 one.
    Thanks

The 19.99 is for one device and not transferrable whether your old BB was lost/stolen, broken or just upgraded. You need to purchase the 29.99 to be able to switch from one berry to the other (One berry at a time of course.) If I were you I would contact BeeJive and hopefully you can pay the difference for the transferrable license.

For empower, you would just need to switch the license over. The email you received showing your purchase more than likely has your activation code. You may need to contact them to update your PIN for that key. I'm unsure of the process as I don't use Empower.
    05-04-08 12:25 AM
    Hhmm, I never saw the $29.99 option when I purchased Jivetalk. I'm going to contact them to see if I can only pay the difference. I think is worth the money, I LOVE Jivetalk, it's one of my favorites applications BUT I don't want to shell out another $29.99 on it.
    05-04-08 01:11 AM
    Hhmm, I never saw the $29.99 option when I purchased Jivetalk. I'm going to contact them to see if I can only pay the difference. I think is worth the money, I LOVE Jivetalk, it's one of my favorites applications BUT I don't want to shell out another $29.99 on it.
    Lol... you don't have to deliver those "commercial" lines to us, lol, j/k.

Just email them and more than likely they'll be happy to upgrade your account to the $29.99, and paying the $10 difference.

For me, I don't mind using Oz Messenger. Although it uses text, I have unlimited and it works for free.
    05-04-08 01:13 AM
    Most of the software will have the activation code if you go to "About" or "Support" or something similar in the software's menu. You should be able to get the activation codes there. For the future, be sure to write them down.
    05-04-08 02:03 AM
    Question about "Switch Device"...when using this, do you have to connect your old BB, then use the "Switch Device" and then connect the new BB device? Or will it transfer everything from your computer? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I DON'T want to lose anything when doing this. Thanks for the help.
    05-04-08 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD