after installing several items via DM, it usually resets the phone automatically. during this process, reboot times may vary. sometimes it could take up to 10 mins for to boot, sometimes less. so the question is, what takes place during the reboot.

reason being, sometimes the reboot would take so long, the bar would stop moving. whether or not it has stalled or still processing, i dont know. i will usually perform a manual alt-shift-del reset during the reboot.

am i interrupting some writing process, which could end up with a corrupted system?
    10-16-11 10:38 AM
    No. This is a built in feature basically there so that your phone doesn't die. When an app or the phone glitches you should always reboot. Why? Rebooting turns off the battery, processor, radios..... Everything. When you reboot your phone is powering your OS again and your radios and stuff like that. Makes your BB cause lost memory comes back to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 11:21 AM
    after installing several items via DM, it usually resets the phone automatically. during this process, reboot times may vary. sometimes it could take up to 10 mins for to boot, sometimes less. so the question is, what takes place during the reboot.

reason being, sometimes the reboot would take so long, the bar would stop moving. whether or not it has stalled or still processing, i dont know. i will usually perform a manual alt-shift-del reset during the reboot.

am i interrupting some writing process, which could end up with a corrupted system?
    Long reboots during install are typical and usually nothing to worry over, unless it's taking 20 minutes or more. I've had some reboots stick at a certain spot for as long as 15 minutes before continuing, and right after the new software has been loaded - this is normal. New software may contain new instruction sets for the device JVM which initially takes some "settling in", which is why apploader will have the message "connecting to device - this can take up to half an hour" while it waits for the device to reboot after loading the software.
    10-16-11 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD