Agreed, I don't care if they get bad press. You act like we care if they get bad coverage. We don't. People keep asking why BlackBerry Mobile or Limited do not make any announcements. We are just giving our thoughts. I base mine on 30 years in the business side of the Tech Industry. Basic rule, avoid all negative publicity. Bury your failed projects and let them quietly fade away.

The truth is the press will ignore BlackBerry Mobile unless TCL makes some announcement. The Mobile press is not going to give BB Mobile or BlackBerry Limited any mobile phone coverage unless TCL or BB Limited stirs the pot.
    There stock price cares.
    01-27-20 01:19 PM
    My point to Conite was that the animosity seems real. Not just dry accounting issues and legal considerations. Chen likes to stir the pot. Never his fault.
    Or he stirred it to existing products.
    01-27-20 01:20 PM
    There stock price cares.
    When you net income is down 150% and profit margin is down by about the same amount..... you don't need anything else negative being tacked onto the pile.

I bet both are hoping they get past MWC without someone really questioning what is going on... then they both just part ways and BBMo is no more.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-27-20 04:02 PM
    When you net income is down 150% and profit margin is down by about the same amount..... you don't need anything else negative being tacked onto the pile.

I bet both are hoping they get past MWC without someone really questioning what is going on... then they both just part ways and BBMo is no more.
    Isn't that what I said lol?
    01-27-20 04:12 PM

Well, there are some very vocal BlackBerry fans so it is unlikely it would go as unnoticed as they might prefer. Just saying. And the internet is a volatile place where things can spring up and go viral unexpectedly.
    01-27-20 04:23 PM
    Well, there are some very vocal BlackBerry fans so it is unlikely it would go as unnoticed as they might prefer. Just saying. And the internet is a volatile place where things can spring up and go viral unexpectedly.
    So when has one Crackberry member registered on the international scene for a comment about BlackBerry?
    01-27-20 04:30 PM
    I think if every single remaining BlackBerry fan who cares deeply about there being a KEY3 or similar device all shared the exact same hash tag (#nokey3nopeace)? on every social network within a single hour, it would not register as a story on any media platform other than CB.

You'd get more support for an effort to bring back USB mini, IMO.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 01-27-20 at 05:21 PM.
    01-27-20 04:36 PM
    There stock price cares.
    The only stock that would matter here is BlackBerry Limited and they made all the announcements about mobile phones that pertain to BBL in 2016. Sure they don't want any retrospective articles in 2020 that dredge up the end of their phone business. I doubt the articles would have impact on their stock.
    01-27-20 04:43 PM
    Uhhh that's hard..... but probably true.
    I think if every single remaining BlackBerry fan who cares deeply about there being a KEY3 or similar device all shared the exact same hash tag (#nokey3nopeace)? on every social network within a single hour, it would not register as a story on any media platform other than CB.

You'd get more support for an effort to bring back USB mini, IMO.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    01-27-20 05:14 PM
    The best we can hope for is a cobalt blue KEY2 and white/gold LE.
    hplovecraft likes this.
    01-27-20 06:23 PM
    The best we can hope for is a cobalt blue KEY2 and white/gold LE.
    In that case, better buy a Classic cobalt blue, if you don't have one already
    01-28-20 01:17 PM
    In that case, better buy a Classic cobalt blue, if you don't have one already
    I briefly owned one and it's a beautiful phone.

I saw a picture somewhere where someone did a hybrid white/blue Classic
    01-28-20 01:29 PM
    I briefly owned one and it's a beautiful phone.

I saw a picture somewhere where someone did a hybrid white/blue Classic
    Good! That supports my non-original idea of turning an OG PP to Red!

And I have checked, and yes, all the external parts are available in the end. Even the plastic bottom front cover, the one under the keyboard! The only part that's pricey, is the red keyboard itself....I found the original one for $34 plus shipping, when a few months ago I had spotted the same for half that price.
    01-28-20 01:49 PM
    Fired up the old Passport today. God I miss this thing.

Tomorrow I will fire up the PlayBook.

I really do miss being an all BlackBerry guy.

-Ashamed iPhone user typing on a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    gebco, phuoc, conbrio29 and 1 others like this.
    01-28-20 10:38 PM
564 ... 212223