Same, I am very fast with my VKB. I can't imagine going back to a PKB.
    Using daily a KEY2 and my accuracy on PKB way higher than VKB. Also the fact of PKB shortcuts, tactile to erase a plus more it's just so productive convenient. I would dread going VKB.
    Sigewif, phuoc and antonrr like this.
    01-17-20 12:27 PM
    LOL. Almost every email I write to clients is covered by a mutual NDA, and I am often in an open office, coffee shop, client location or public transportation, or home with my family. I can count on one hand the number of emails I could dictate each day. Everyone would wonder why I kept running to the john!

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    ...that patient in the crowded waiting room using voice to text on her phone...
    True story.
    And she seemed oblivious to the fact that everyone there knew what she was writing, which included the punctuation. Made me so glad I have a pkb BlackBerry: accurate and private texting. Oh, yes, then there are the peculiar text messages full of typos (or is that voiceos) I get from people using the voice to text.
    phuoc likes this.
    01-17-20 12:28 PM
    Using daily a KEY2 and my accuracy on PKB way higher than VKB. Also the fact of PKB shortcuts, tactile to erase a plus more it's just so productive convenient. I would dread going VKB.
    I am with you 100% on this.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-17-20 12:29 PM
    I'm going slab right now for a week or two just for fun and by curiosity on an S10e and the comfortable compact size, paired with Gboard and haptic feedback and it's not the worst thing in the world (tiny iPhone SE VKB was a nightmare I wonder how they sold so well)

Still, enjoyment wise, it's not getting anywhere near PKB levels
    falbo likes this.
    01-17-20 12:30 PM
    I'm going slab right now for a week or two just for fun and by curiosity on an S10e and the comfortable compact size, paired with Gboard and haptic feedback and it's not the worst thing in the world (tiny iPhone SE VKB was a nightmare I wonder how they sold so well)

What often gets lost in these discussions is that comfort with the mode you work in produces better writing. Flow is everything in writing. If you are comfortable and your typing pace matches your thinking, the results are better (and often faster in the real world).

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Radoslav Valkov and Jake2826 like this.
    01-17-20 12:43 PM
    I am sure many people have no problems whatsoever typing on glass. As a matter of fact, I have used slabs for many years, starting form 2007. Also, I do see how my daughter types on her iPhone 11, or in any case, whatever that latest device is, and she is lightning fast!

Typing fast and accurately though, is one thing; the feeling of typing fast and accurately on a PKB is quite another!! The satisfaction you get is probably not easy to convey with words, but it is there!
    01-17-20 12:50 PM
    If you're referring to Chen's tongue-in-cheek remark about getting back into the device game when talking to Bank of America about issues with BYOD a couple of months back, then you're barking up the wrong tree.
    No, I was not referring to that.
    Read back. I was answering the post that said:
    "...BlackBerry Limited has made many statements and press work since 2016 all relating to their Enterprise software. BlackBerry Limited has not been in the mobile handset business for over 3 years."

This quote sounds as though they left the phone business (true) and that they made no announcements about the licensed phones (Not true). Whether or not the poster meant that is besides the point. You and I both know that is not correct. Therefore I was clarifying this. If you didn't hear the interviews where these things were mentioned that doesn't mean they didn't happen.
    01-17-20 12:53 PM

I must be dreaming or very drunk lol.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and the_boon like this.
    01-17-20 01:08 PM
    I must be dreaming or very drunk lol.

Emphasis on my last sentence.

The S10e is really the only slab I had any interest in, because it's not a gigantic unergonomic mess of a device.

Once the experiment is over, my SIM card will go back in the KEY2 and the S10e will remain as a media/gaming device.
    01-17-20 01:13 PM
    You never know, you might get hooked on the vkb.

01-17-20 01:23 PM
    You never know, you might get hooked on the vkb.

I won't in the sense that it's still a flat piece of glass with no tactile distinction, so it will never match a PKB (which many slabbers can't seem to really comprehend)

With a decently sized slab and good software keyboard, it's ... tolerable.
    chain13 likes this.
    01-17-20 01:32 PM
    I won't in the sense that it's still a flat piece of glass with no tactile distinction, so it will never match a PKB (which many slabbers can't seem to really comprehend)

With a decently sized slab and good software keyboard, it's ... tolerable.
    I know what you mean, I can't see myself ever using a slab and just hope with the K2 priv and passport I could wait it out for another PKB to show up.

Rico4you likes this.
    01-17-20 01:37 PM
    I know what you mean, I can't see myself ever using a slab and just hope with the K2 priv and passport I could wait it out for another PKB to show up.

The options currently available can last you many years (especially the Red KEY2) so I wouldn't worry too much.

In the meantime, we can just keep our eyes peeled on whatever PKB device comes on the scene
    01-17-20 01:46 PM
    Any good videos anyone has scene with a BlackBerry user typing versus iPhone/Samsung? I can't find any comparisons that are fair because most are the same person doing side-by-side. I'm AWFUL on a vkb as I've been using BlackBerry since 2005. Can't imagine picking it up but maybe I'm wrong...
    01-17-20 11:08 PM
    I have not used a PKB since 2009 and would never consider going back.
    pdr733 likes this.
    01-18-20 01:31 AM
    I have not used a PKB since 2009 and would never consider going back.
    Funny the opposite here. I have not used a VKB since 2015 and would never consider going back (mostly...sometimes I'm compelled by a vkb blackberry ocassionally used)...capacitive touch, keyboard shortcuts etc.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-19-20 02:50 AM
    I am sure many people have no problems whatsoever typing on glass. As a matter of fact, I have used slabs for many years, starting form 2007. Also, I do see how my daughter types on her iPhone 11, or in any case, whatever that latest device is, and she is lightning fast!

Typing fast and accurately though, is one thing; the feeling of typing fast and accurately on a PKB is quite another!! The satisfaction you get is probably not easy to convey with words, but it is there!
    Spot-on! I do not pretend I can type as quickly as others may do on my PKB but it depends on the particular requirement. As @bb10adopter111 mentioned above, flow is everything. If my typing speed is not up to the desired level, I often use speech-to-text and this greatly facilitates my typing experience.
    01-19-20 03:28 AM
    When people ask them for an update about BlackBerry Mobile, they should reply. Every day that they fail to respect their customers with an answer, they hurt their company's reputation. From a "pure business perspective," this is much worse than a failed attempt at partnering with BlackBerry.
    Crackberry community. Want to ask a question and express my concern. Does anyone know why BB Mobile, or anyone associated with making new phones if they will be releasing a new phone anytime soon? If they are not why don’t they just say so ? I have been a BB user for 12 years and I feel they don’t respect users enough to even respond to the question
    01-19-20 08:11 AM
    Crackberry community. Want to ask a question and express my concern. Does anyone know why BB Mobile, or anyone associated with making new phones if they will be releasing a new phone anytime soon? If they are not why don’t they just say so ? I have been a BB user for 12 years and I feel they don’t respect users enough to even respond to the question
    There aren't making any more, but obviously won't announce the end until they sell their remaining inventory.

You're long-standing association with BlackBerry Limited doesn't really have anything to do with TCL (BlackBerry Mobile).
    01-19-20 08:27 AM
    Nothing has been OFFICIALLY announced either way. They did have presence at CES 2020 fully displaying devices.
    So any information at the moment is simply "opinion based" that you can interpret.

https://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry...craze-in-2020/
    01-19-20 09:29 AM
    Nothing has been OFFICIALLY announced either way. They did have presence at CES 2020 fully displaying devices.
    So any information at the moment is simply "opinion based" that you can interpret.
    TCL reps have been more and more candid recently about the chances of seeing future devices.

There will never be an official statement by the company until all devices are sold, and even then it would be unlikely.
    Last edited by conite; 01-19-20 at 09:46 AM.
    01-19-20 09:32 AM

https://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry...craze-in-2020/
    I doubt there will ever be anything but opinions since common sense would prevail. Silence early on could be interpreted either way. But TIME is the enemy. So as time marches on, silence becomes the quiet confirmation.

If BBMo/TCL had any intention of another device, silence is only neutral for the brand and product for so long. How many Key2 buyers will buy a Key3 when no PIE was ever delivered to Key2 buyers originally?

We see TCL actively promoting their own line of new devices and with the media developing their “phone” brand while explaining their other lines of business.

Having BlackBerry Mobile hardware in the display is satisfying legal and inventory needs to sell what’s leftover now. If their was a brand image to protect, their behavior would be destroying that image right now.
    01-19-20 09:41 AM
    I doubt there will ever be anything but opinions since common sense would prevail. Silence early on could be interpreted either way. But TIME is the enemy. So as time marches on, silence becomes the quiet confirmation.

If BBMo/TCL had any intention of another device, silence is only neutral for the brand and product for so long. How many Key2 buyers will buy a Key3 when no PIE was ever delivered to Key2 buyers originally?

We see TCL actively promoting their own line of new devices and with the media developing their “phone” brand while explaining their other lines of business.

Having BlackBerry Mobile hardware in the display is satisfying legal and inventory needs to sell what’s leftover now. If their was a brand image to protect, their behavior would be destroying that image right now.
    Another opinion. Saying displaying devices is to "satisfy legal" requirements is your opinion / conclusion.
    I respect all opinions nonetheless and make my own personal conclusions.
    Gene Fells and Sigewif like this.
    01-19-20 09:50 AM
    Another opinion. Saying displaying devices is to "satisfy legal" requirements is your opinion / conclusion.
    I respect all opinions nonetheless and make my own personal conclusions.
    Legal performance requirements exist in every licensing agreement. Duration and minimum requirements to satisfy are present to protect the services that BlackBerry is bound to provide.

If BBMo were to demand that PIE be provided now, and then Android 10 next on a Key3, BlackBerry would be obligated to spends it’s resources now to have ready. I’d expect PIE is already ready waiting for payment.

Do you think BlackBerry would have committed to 5 years without performance guarantees in place? Do you think BBMo would be going through motions if simple answer would be to slash price and dump inventory?
    eshropshire and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-19-20 10:07 AM
    Legal performance requirements exist in every licensing agreement. Duration and minimum requirements to satisfy are present to protect the services that BlackBerry is bound to provide.

If BBMo were to demand that PIE be provided now, and then Android 10 next on a Key3, BlackBerry would be obligated to spends it’s resources now to have ready. I’d expect PIE is already ready waiting for payment.

Do you think BlackBerry would have committed to 5 years without performance guarantees in place? Do you think BBMo would be going through motions if simple answer would be to slash price and dump inventory?
    Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Another hypothesis.

Have a great Sunday!
    01-19-20 10:12 AM
564 ... 1617181920 ...