Since BlackBerry Limited exited hardware long ago, this news was great since it’s the business that BlackBerry has been in securing Android/iOS via it’s Enterprise software.
    01-08-20 08:03 AM
    01-08-20 09:56 AM
    Yes exactly
    Respond with quote instead of simple post so we know who you are talking too.
    01-08-20 10:17 AM
    Pretty much confirms what we've been saying about the current state of the licencing arrangement.

"The employees at the trade fair stand openly confirm on request that the devices will be "end of life" in a few months - when they are two years old - that is, they will no longer be supplied with new software or even new features. In other words: TCL shows at the CES Blackberry smartphones that have what is today the historical Android version 8.1.0 on board and which will lose all support this year.

When asked how it looks with new Blackberries, such as a KEY3, the only answer is that TCL currently has nothing to say about it. All in all, the appearance at the CES gives the impression that the manufacturer wants to sell the last remaining stocks of existing devices and then say goodbye to the Blackberry brand. So that could history of BlackBerry smartphones finally come to an end."
    01-08-20 10:21 AM
    Pretty much confirms what we've been saying about the current state of the licencing arrangement.

"The employees at the trade fair stand openly confirm on request that the devices will be "end of life" in a few months - when they are two years old - that is, they will no longer be supplied with new software or even new features. In other words: TCL shows at the CES Blackberry smartphones that have what is today the historical Android version 8.1.0 on board and which will lose all support this year.

When asked how it looks with new Blackberries, such as a KEY3, the only answer is that TCL currently has nothing to say about it. All in all, the appearance at the CES gives the impression that the manufacturer wants to sell the last remaining stocks of existing devices and then say goodbye to the Blackberry brand. So that could history of BlackBerry smartphones finally come to an end."
    Yes, it is just as you stated.
    01-08-20 10:32 AM
    Get the Red Key2

forget the LE .. that's half of a phone
    Yes....if only it wasn't so expensive.....
    01-08-20 10:43 AM
    Yes....if only it wasn't so expensive.....
    Yes, and I prefer a full feature phone. Not half of one.

Pretty much confirms what we've been saying about the current state of the licensing arrangement.

You are a dream killer

At least it's good to know SOMETHING.

So, either BB starts making them again or it's done.

It doesn't totally make sense to have all the security in cars and no secure phone to go with it

Ultimately, I feel BB should say SOMETHING about what they are doing.
    01-08-20 10:55 AM

You are a dream killer

It doesn't totally make sense to have all the security in cars and no secure phone to go with it

BlackBerry Mobile still owes BlackBerry Limited money for the remainder of the contract. Both parties are contractually bound to each other and I suspect that includes making public statements about each other’s plans or the future when it comes to statements regarding future of the BlackBerry licensing agreement.
    towngirl likes this.
    01-08-20 11:02 AM
    Does anyone know when (what date) the current contract is supposed to be up between BlackBerry and TCL?
    01-08-20 12:21 PM
    Does anyone know when (what date) the current contract is supposed to be up between BlackBerry and TCL?
    I thought it was 5 years from around 12/2016 or so.
    conite likes this.
    01-08-20 12:36 PM
    after seing so many posts without any hope for new model, i think i have to stick with KEY 2, so what is the best possible model with dual sim? for use with any network? as i think our Network in Azerbaijan is now something near to main northamerican operators
    thanks
    01-09-20 03:05 PM
    after seing so many posts without any hope for new model, i think i have to stick with KEY 2, so what is the best possible model with dual sim? for use with any network? as i think our Network in Azerbaijan is now something near to main northamerican operators
    thanks
    The BBF100-6 is the Dual SIM European phone...

You really should go to the BBMo site and look at the variants, and then go to your carrier of choice and see what Bands they use.
    01-09-20 03:56 PM
    thanks
    Buy a BBF100-6 dual Sim Red KEY2 from BB EU Store would be my recommendation
    01-09-20 04:01 PM
    what is criteria for bands? what should i say in the shop? following your reccomendation i foud this for 350 usd in russia- sounds good, so all i need is to ask for unlocked international version?
    01-09-20 04:11 PM
    what is criteria for bands? what should i say in the shop? following your reccomendation i foud this for 350 usd in russia- sounds good, so all i need is to ask for unlocked international version?
    Take a look at the chart.

Btw, ALL KEY² devices are factory unlocked.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    01-09-20 04:35 PM
    I remember @Troy said it is July 2021.
    01-09-20 05:37 PM
    I'll just wait for the White/Gold LE and Cobalt Blue KEY2 with a 2020 build date, for $599 and $899.
    01-09-20 07:16 PM
    I'll just wait for the White/Gold LE and Cobalt Blue KEY2 with a 2020 build date, for $599 and $899.
    It is $999 with 128g storage.
    the_boon likes this.
    01-09-20 10:54 PM
    $350 is too expensive
    01-10-20 01:09 AM
    $350 is too expensive
    Really? So can you suggest me where to buy for less? Please? European unlocked, thanks
    01-10-20 05:04 AM

You are a dream killer

BlackBerry Limited made all of their statements about their future in mobile phones in September 2016.
    01-10-20 08:27 AM
    BlackBerry Limited made all of their statements about their future in mobile phones in September 2016.
    Not really. We all know they stopped making phones made by them. Someone else makes them. What are they doing, now? Make more, currently. Or dropping it altogether.
    01-10-20 10:31 AM
    Not really. We all know they stopped making phones made by them. Someone else makes them. What are they doing, now? Make more, currently. Or dropping it altogether.
    In 2016 BlackBerry Limited announced they were leaving the mobile phone business. Nothing has changed for BlackBerry Limited. I don't see any need for them to make additional statements. All that can result is to rehash the bad press they went through in 2016.

BlackBerry Limited has made many statements and press work since 2016 all relating to their Enterprise software. BlackBerry Limited has not been in the mobile handset business for over 3 years.
    01-10-20 01:55 PM
    Right now.... they might not really know.

Pretend you went out drinking with some friends and wake up in the morning next the ugliest person you have ever seen.... do you make any announcements or do you quietly get out.
    01-10-20 02:10 PM
    In 2016 BlackBerry Limited announced they were leaving the mobile phone business. Nothing has changed for BlackBerry Limited. I don't see any need for them to make additional statements. All that can result is to rehash the bad press they went through in 2016.

BlackBerry Limited has made many statements and press work since 2016 all relating to their Enterprise software. BlackBerry Limited has not been in the mobile handset business for over 3 years.
    That is not the whole story. There were announcements about licensing the building of BlackBerry smartphones. Even Chen mentioned it several times. This is what Towngirl is asking about. The question is whether or not there will be BlackBerry licensed devices. Whether or not we will see anymore BlackBerry branded devices by TCL is the big question and this has been discussed in numerous threads here on CB.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-10-20 02:15 PM
564 ... 1314151617 ...