In addition to finding out the Z and Q 10 can't email a video from the device I've also discovered...
    ...That the audio from the video itself is so low ( quiet ) it's almost not usable.
    ...My 9930 picks up everything going on loud and clear but the Z10 isn't this way?

Is this something that's being addressed by a future update or was is this "by design"?
    06-02-13 12:19 AM
    Have you checked the volume level yet?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.1720
    06-02-13 01:23 AM
    In addition to finding out the Z and Q 10 can't email a video from the device I've also discovered...
    ...That the audio from the video itself is so low ( quiet ) it's almost not usable.
    ...My 9930 picks up everything going on loud and clear but the Z10 isn't this way?

Is this something that's being addressed by a future update or was is this "by design"?

As just a general point, I hear that the general audio performance of the Z10 is way higher than the typical smartphone. The audio geeks love it.

I can't speak to the results from any particular video. There are tons and tons of variables that can affect that, and lots of videos have really lousy audio tracks.
    06-02-13 01:28 AM
    As just a general point, I hear that the general audio performance of the Z10 is way higher than the typical smartphone. The audio geeks love it.

I can't speak to the results from any particular video. There are tons and tons of variables that can affect that, and lots of videos have really lousy audio tracks.
    Maybe the OP covered the microphone without knowing it?

My Z10 makes great 1080p videos for a phone and I absolutely love the audio performance when listening to 320 kb/s MP3s.
    It's the first phone that is on par with my iPod 5.5g loaded with RockBox.

And the calling performance is excellent as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 09:32 AM

I'm speaking of the videos I record on the Z10...
    ...In doing my tests to email a 30 second video.
    ...The iphone and Droid video recordings had good audio levels.

The Z10 took a video that I had to crank up the PC speakers to hear what was being said.

I do agree that I've played youtube videos and watched some news streaming from the Z10...
    ...And that is all fine, no complaints here at all.

It's when you shoot a video with the Z10 that has noise, words whatever in it.....
    ...The Z10 hardly picks any of that up - I literally have to hold the device up to my ear to hear anything.
    06-02-13 11:12 AM
    The only phone that sounds better than the Z10 and gets as loud is the HTC One.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-02-13 11:15 AM
    All about the volume it was recorded at. I recorded a song from the Band Perry concert a month or two ago and it is like you are there. I also recorded a part of my cousin's dance recital yesterday and the volume is there. Watch hand placement is my suggestion.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-02-13 11:21 AM
    Not sure if it is related but I find for example YouTube video volumes in the browser playback at too low a volume. Even on max volume.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-02-13 12:04 PM
    You can edit the volume of the video. Had the same problem, I thought, until I went to edit the video and saw the volume slider. I'm on 10.1.2009

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 12:45 PM
    All about the volume it was recorded at. I recorded a song from the Band Perry concert a month or two ago and it is like you are there. I also recorded a part of my cousin's dance recital yesterday and the volume is there. Watch hand placement is my suggestion.
    That could be it, the other volume levels have been fine.
    06-02-13 01:35 PM
    Your problem with not being able to email video, may have something to do with the attachment cap with email providers. Not sure why you can't email video because if I go to a video I want to email, and long press it, I am given quite a list of ways to share it (including the 3 separate email addresses I have running on my Z10).

I also agree with watching your hand placement as I haven't made a video yet that doesn't have great sound for a phone. You may be just covering your mic.

Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    06-02-13 02:04 PM
    A simple workaround for emailing video is to set up an account on YouTube or some other free online video sharing service , upload them and share them that way. You can make the videos private if you want. Of you could do it from Dropbox or Box or whatever cloud solution you prefer.

It's 2013. Who emails video? How many email servers even handle files that big?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 05:17 PM
    The audio on the Z10 is the best I've ever heard on a phone whether it be microphone, speaker or headphones.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 07:11 PM
    I took several more videos with the Z10 this afternoon and there is something wrong there....
    ...The video is crisp and clean however the audio of the videos I take is so low it's hard to hear.
    ...I took note to insure my hands were not covering the mic.

I'm not having any problems at all with the sound level when playing music, watching youtube, etc...
    ...The problem is when I shoot a video from the Z10 and if there is talking or noise.
    ...The audio level is so low on the video it sounds like level 1 or 2 compared to when I'm watching youtube.

Something for sure is wrong here.
    06-03-13 01:30 AM
    I took several more videos with the Z10 this afternoon and there is something wrong there....
    ...The video is crisp and clean however the audio of the videos I take is so low it's hard to hear.

I'm not having any problems at all with the sound level when playing music, watching youtube, etc...
    ...The problem is when I shoot a video from the Z10 and if there is talking or noise.
    ...The audio level is so low on the video it sounds like level 1 or 2 compared to when I'm watching youtube.

Something for sure is wrong here.
    If you upload the video to YouTube, the sound is low? Or is the sound only low when you playback on your Z10?

06-03-13 02:22 AM

I must say that as a longtime audio geek myself, it would frustrate me to no end to have some sort of audio recorder that didn't give me manual control over recording levels, and some sort of meter to judge the levels with.
    06-03-13 06:16 PM
    The audio is pretty great actually. Call quality too.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 06:31 PM
    If you upload the video to YouTube, the sound is low? Or is the sound only low when you playback on your Z10?

When I play it back on the Z10 I can hardly hear the audio in the video I took....
    ...I compared this with a 9870, 9930, Droid Evo and iphone 4s.
    ...The Z10 is the only device that appears to have the problem.

There is no problem with the audio on videos from youtube or news streaming videos...
    ...The problem seems to only be related to videos I shoot with the Z10.
    ...And play back on the Z10.
    06-04-13 02:19 PM
    Do you use a case on your phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 06:33 PM
    Gotta say that I recently went to a concert and took a few videos and the sound was muffled I can barely hear anything? Is that because of the case...though that shouldn't be a problem? Maybe I did something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 06:44 PM
    My brother had the same problem as your talking about on his Z10...he would hear other other video just fine but when he recorded himself he would get a really low volume from his video. turns out his speaker was defective...or at least that's what they told him. anyway long story short he replaced the speaker under warranty and all was well.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 07:52 PM
    Canukvoip, no its just the naked Z10 and I for sure didn't cover the mic with my hands.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:30 PM
    Could be that at some point you got moisture in the mic hole.

06-05-13 03:01 PM
    Could be that at some point you got moisture in the mic hole

I hate it when that happens.
    06-06-13 04:01 AM
    Canukvoip, no its just the naked Z10 and I for sure didn't cover the mic with my hands.

Posted via CB10
    pythons, is it also low when you use headphones plugged in to the Z? I'm guessing the answer is yes. If so I'm thinking your mic is blocked or defective internally.
    06-06-13 12:27 PM
27 12