It was those "Keep Moving" TV commercials and those lame Alicia Keys "Your City" videos. That's the best they came up with. Even Verizon's was more effective.

Yes I agree. The Verizon ad with the screen sharing is the first BlackBerry 10 ad that would actually make someone want the phone in my opinion.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-29-13 09:50 PM
    You know who I wish could help BlackBerry with advertising? Don Draper.

I wish SCDP was real and Don could make BlackBerry as sexy as he made baked beans.

Any ideas on who the real life Don Draper might be? Clearly I watch too much Mad Men.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 11:30 AM
    I saw 5 Verizon Z10 comercials last night on TV Prime time. They were well done and showed that the phone was instock and get it now. I don't think they like to advertise a phone not available yet. I think you see an ad offering both soon.
    05-30-13 11:45 AM
    Matters not what potential buyers see/hear in advertisements when all enthusiasm is "blunted" or neutralized by the sales reps at your local (fill in the blank) phone store. How many of us have shown an interest in the Z10 as it was nearing release only to be dissuaded from it by the 20-something sales person who's supposed to be assisting you...? I was told not to consider BB because they were going out of business. What good are slick ads in the face of that kind of propaganda - at the point of sale?
    05-30-13 12:14 PM
    Matters not what potential buyers see/hear in advertisements when all enthusiasm is "blunted" or neutralized by the sales reps at your local (fill in the blank) phone store. How many of us have shown an interest in the Z10 as it was nearing release only to be dissuaded from it by the 20-something sales person who's supposed to be assisting you...? I was told not to consider BB because they were going out of business. What good are slick ads in the face of that kind of propaganda - at the point of sale?
    I never had any interest in iPhone and have purchased my last 5 or so phones online. As such, I don't know if AT&T counter-droids pushed people away from iPhone to BB way back in the first days of iPhone. Even if they did, Apple ads, Apple love (wha-wha-what?) and peer pressure got people to buy iPhones. The same could happen with BB10, if BB can do the right ads and get societies influencers to push them.

What sold Tommy Hilfiger when Izod shirts where the same thing? Getting the right people to wear Tommy. Don't underestimate the power of peer-pressure.

So who are these gods of influence? As I have always taken my own path, I have no idea. Since they are always where the camera's are, they aren't hard to find.
    eBud likes this.
    05-30-13 12:38 PM
    True, but it disturbs me how the TV ads have dried up and I have never seen a TV ad for the q10.
    And the ads that they did use was great for letting people know about the z10 existing but as mentioned they need to change people's perception of BlackBerry and the articles that appeared here after the Superbowl ad led me to believe that that was what they were going to attempt.
    It just has not happened.
    I think when it comes to marketing, there is a lot to improve on. Currently the ads I have seen appeal to BlackBerry users and feature phone users but little else

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you still watch too much TV. BlackBerry has consistently said that BlackBerry 10 is targeted for the hyper-connected individuals. They have made it a clear focus for themselves and with their limited resources they have to use their money to areas where they can get the most bang for the buck. Besides the Keep Moving campaign, their brand placements, event sponsorships, web marketing, newspaper ads, carrier partnerships, mobile showrooms, etc... are just a few things that show BlackBerry has expanded their marketing budget and with BlackBerry product launches still occurring across the globe I can see them allocating resources strategically as needed. As some have already pointed out, marketing is more than about TV ads.
    05-30-13 12:43 PM
    I've seen a lot of Z10 TV commercials lately. Whether they are effective or not is another question. Frankly, I wish BlackBerry had made the Nokia/Windows commercial where the Apple & Samsung fanboys get into a fight at a wedding. That is a memorable commercial.

The F1 sponsorship is not bad, but I think the Delta promotion is great. I few of my co-worker who know I have the Z10 commented to me that they flew Delta and wished they still had a BlackBerry for the free wi-fi
    eBud likes this.
    05-30-13 12:58 PM
    Maybe you still watch too much TV. BlackBerry has consistently said that BlackBerry 10 is targeted for the hyper-connected individuals. They have made it a clear focus for themselves and with their limited resources they have to use their money to areas where they can get the most bang for the buck. Besides the Keep Moving campaign, their brand placements, event sponsorships, web marketing, newspaper ads, carrier partnerships, mobile showrooms, etc... are just a few things that show BlackBerry has expanded their marketing budget and with BlackBerry product launches still occurring across the globe I can see them allocating resources strategically as needed. As some have already pointed out, marketing is more than about TV ads.
    I see all that.
    But my point remains, that where I am the ads are drying up. The z10 came with a series of ads to support it. The q10 came with no ads.
    I would like to see them give more support to the q5 then they did for the q10.
    And they need to step the keep moving campaign to a different level as these current ads won't cut it in the long term

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 01:02 PM
    I am working in Lima this week (from Ontario) and although I see a ton of Curves, I don't see any BB adverts. Samsung seems to be the most pervasive/consistent worldwide.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 02:07 PM
34 12