Since then I have seen a short term blitz of z10 ads which was nice while it lasted but nothing memorable or spectacular and that is it.
    What happened to the campaign they promised?
    BlackBerry could do so much more to improve here

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 04:08 AM
    It was those "Keep Moving" TV commercials and those lame Alicia Keys "Your City" videos. That's the best they came up with. Even Verizon's was more effective.

05-29-13 04:29 AM
    If that was it then they need to get a new marketing officer. The one plus side is the f1 sponsorship but that isn't enough

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:24 AM
    Blackberry is just about to deliver a massive "shock and awe" campaign. Just wait. It's coming soon. What they're doing is arranging a bus load of hipsters to arrive at a Apple store somewhere and bash on the windows and yell "Wake up!" A few dozen times. Then, they are going to disappear and have everyone think it was Samsung. Don't think it can't happen?
    notfanboy and JeepBB like this.
    05-29-13 05:32 AM
    Blackberry is just about to deliver a massive "shock and awe" campaign. Just wait. It's coming soon. What they're doing is arranging a bus load of hipsters to arrive at a Apple store somewhere and bash on the windows and yell "Wake up!" A few dozen times. Then, they are going to disappear and have everyone think it was Samsung. Don't think it can't happen?
    Somewhere frank boulben has just read this thread and ripped up a document labelled "masterplan" yelling in frustration "who leaked the plan"

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007, JeepBB, Rello and 10 others like this.
    05-29-13 05:40 AM
    There commercials have been terrbile for the most part!!! There are next to none and the ones i have seen have been garbage!!

They need some serious help in the advertising department!
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    05-29-13 05:43 AM
    Agree the QNX with Bb10 ads are more attractive in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:51 AM
    The adverts have all dried up in the UK and I have never seen one for the q10.
    Seems like BlackBerry has not learnt all the lessons from the past.
    But the thing that gets me is after the Superbowl ad which was terrible btw, I read here on Crackberry quotes saying that there is a bigger campaign. The keep moving ads came out, and I thought, "ok not great but a decent start to build on" but they never built on it.
    It's like they don't understand advertising

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    05-29-13 06:44 AM
    I don't think I'd be advertising it much until the rebooting is solved, which in my opinion is already taking too long to solve.
    DocDRM likes this.
    05-29-13 07:02 AM
    Just having one model out in the US I can understand the restrained ad promotion. Expecially with possibly 3 more models being released sometime soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 07:41 AM
    They allready tripple there production and it could be the max. So doing ads and campaign will bring No sales because they can 't deliver.

SO that is wast of money. You keep that money if everything is stable It's normal. It means it goes well for blackberry
    05-29-13 07:51 AM
    Since then I have seen a short term blitz of z10 ads which was nice while it lasted but nothing memorable or spectacular and that is it.
    What happened to the campaign they promised?
    BlackBerry could do so much more to improve here

Posted via CB10
    I see huge BB10 signage in every airport I traverse from Newark to San Jose.. I travel on average 4 times a month. Also Delta blasts BB10 in your face on every flight. Not sure about other carriers. I also see full page ads in almost every high tech journal/trade publication. I don't watch much commercial TV so I can't speak for any ads there.
    05-29-13 08:03 AM
    That a great ad..just keep crying like wusses about how Apple is outselling BB in the US, instead of making a something better . No wonder BB has just 1% sales in the private sector.
    05-29-13 08:11 AM
    I can only speak for myself, but I see ads online and on television all the time.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 08:17 AM
    You guys you guys, settle down.... 1st off they have placed their commercials strategically.. Ive seen more blackberry commercials in the 2 months or so the phone has been available in the US than any other time since my first blackberry in 2005.. The commercials haven't been flamboyant, they haven't been bashful, they haven't compared, they haven't used celebrity endorsements... they are thought provoking. I know most of you all haven't studied marketing and are looking at apple commercials and samsung commercials and want blackberry to do what they do.. But blackberry isnt samsung or apple and their aim is not the same..

Apple's commercials are the way they are because they are aimed at keeping their phone #1.. they have to boast...

Samsung commercials are the way they are because they want to overtake apple and try to make apple look inferior

Blackberry is not a trusted brand and since they have reinvented themselves they are not in a position to attack or compare... Their job is to spark interest.. this first wave of commercials are aimed at gaining traction.. they have been placed for target audiences, they show up on CNBC, they show up during sports games, etc.. They are quick and simple and most of the time if you arent quite paying attention you dont even know its a phone commercial and then you see BLACKBERRY!!!! that sparks curiosity and then people check out the website, they check out the phone at the store, they check out the phone when they see it in public.. Youd be surprised how many people know about the phone.. People ask to see my phone all the time after they see me with it and they always say, yea I HEARD, i SAW, so on and so on.. they are doing what they have to do. They just need to get the glitches fixed and continue the updates, the additions, and getting the apps.. can't boast or compare until the developers begin to trust the brand and deliver the apps bottom line.. all they can is spark interest
    05-29-13 08:31 AM
    To spark interest first they need to let the viewer somehow know that it isn't the same old BBRY. I don't think they get that point across. Most people in the states hear BBRY and then cringe if they ever owned one and think, no thanks, been there and done that and didn't like it. That's also what people that have never owned one think because that is what they have heard.
    05-29-13 08:39 AM
    I still see TV ads here all the time.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 08:50 AM
    Since then I have seen a short term blitz of z10 ads
    Man, I see Z10 ads everywhere. I guess it depends on where you are. Even on a recent flight, I saw a huge display in the middle of Pearson, wall ads and banner ads everywhere, the commercial played several times in a half hour on the television. I've seen commercials in movies, on TV shows that I watch etc. Every store seems to have Z10 something on display.

Where are you based?
    jay_men likes this.
    05-29-13 08:53 AM
    There commercials have been terrbile for the most part!!! There are next to none and the ones i have seen have been garbage!!

They need some serious help in the advertising department!
    Well, you think the commercials are garbage. Personally, I have no idea how they are or aren't resonating with the population as a whole because I haven't seen the tests results on them. Certainly are a lot of armchair creative directors in the thread though! :-)
    05-29-13 08:56 AM
    I've been unable to find where BlackBerry said they are going to have a massive ad campaign starting with the Superbowl. I'm always amazed at how often someone reads a speculative post on a fan site and decides that is the corporate plan.

What I do know is I'm seeing online ads in almost every Web site I frequent (which isn't many as I have a life).
    revtech likes this.
    05-29-13 08:57 AM
    Man, I see Z10 ads everywhere. I guess it depends on where you are. Even on a recent flight, I saw a huge display in the middle of Pearson, wall ads and banner ads everywhere, the commercial played several times in a half hour on the television. I've seen commercials in movies, on TV shows that I watch etc. Every store seems to have Z10 something on display.

Where are you based?
    UK based
    Essex to be exact
    I see more ads these days then before but I would not describe them as thought provoking in the slightest. I can't imagine how they provoke thought.
    TV ads are non existent now but I see some billboards.
    But it is too far in between. Maybe they are concentrating their efforts in the USA but they should not ignore their other markets

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:24 AM
    In london seen alot of q10 poster ads (black and white) with screen share feature all over the train stations.As for TV ads when the Z10 was out there were loads of Z ads.Then apple started putting out ads it was pretty pathetic trying to snuff BB10 ad run.But BB10 had all the best break spots actually had a new product.

Htc 1 ads were short lived didnt get as much rotation as the Z.The S4 ads are not that much not as many as the Z or apple right now.The only people pushing tv ads hard right now is apple really since Z,Q,HTC1,S4.Apple been doing some pathetic adverts.I say pathetic because they look like remember me type loser ****.''a million pics get taken with iphone 5'' we have apps its quite sad really.Come on even low end phones have cams and take pictures and have apps its funny stuff.

But adverts are ok here normal level.
    05-29-13 11:03 AM
    To spark interest first they need to let the viewer somehow know that it isn't the same old BBRY. I don't think they get that point across. Most people in the states hear BBRY and then cringe if they ever owned one and think, no thanks, been there and done that and didn't like it. That's also what people that have never owned one think because that is what they have heard.
    Agreed, but its easier to change perception when there is interest.. They see a commercial, they read an article, they see someone with one and then they want to see this "new" device. thats how it works.. thats how it has worked with all my blackberry bashing friends and co-workers... they all want to see my phone... i actually got 3 people to get one from that
    05-29-13 11:09 AM
    OP, the SuperBowl ad wasn't really meant to "kick off" anything. If you notice, the SuperBowl ad was created in a vacuum, and bears no resemblance to the current campaign.

"Why would they do that?", you might ask. Well, ever since Apple's "1984" ad, the SuperBowl isn't always about selling stuff anymore. In fact, if you look at many of the ads that day, you'll see that many, many of them were high-production one-off ads that bore little relevance to the products they were purportedly pitching. The ads are almost purpose-built to attract media attention and possibly Clio nominations. It's a very "meta" thing.

Advertising on the SuperBowl has become a showcase. Ad firms showcase creativity. Advertisers get bragging rights. In this case, BlackBerry was there almost just for the sake of telling the world "uh, hello? We're not dead yet! See, we can even afford to do a high-budget ad on the SuperBowl!" Again, many (many) ads that day had little to do with product.
    jay_men likes this.
    05-29-13 12:01 PM
    OP, the SuperBowl ad wasn't really meant to "kick off" anything. If you notice, the SuperBowl ad was created in a vacuum, and bears no resemblance to the current campaign.

"Why would they do that?", you might ask. Well, ever since Apple's "1984" ad, the SuperBowl isn't always about selling stuff anymore. In fact, if you look at many of the ads that day, you'll see that many, many of them were high-production one-off ads that bore little relevance to the products they were purportedly pitching. The ads are almost purpose-built to attract media attention and possibly Clio nominations. It's a very "meta" thing.

Advertising on the SuperBowl has become a showcase. Ad firms showcase creativity. Advertisers get bragging rights. In this case, BlackBerry was there almost just for the sake of telling the world "uh, hello? We're not dead yet! See, we can even afford to do a high-budget ad on the SuperBowl!" Again, many (many) ads that day had little to do with product.
    True, but it disturbs me how the TV ads have dried up and I have never seen a TV ad for the q10.
    And the ads that they did use was great for letting people know about the z10 existing but as mentioned they need to change people's perception of BlackBerry and the articles that appeared here after the Superbowl ad led me to believe that that was what they were going to attempt.
    It just has not happened.
    I think when it comes to marketing, there is a lot to improve on. Currently the ads I have seen appeal to BlackBerry users and feature phone users but little else

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 01:44 PM
34 12