In all groups there are certain norms. People can accidentally not follow the norms or they can purposefully ignore them. If you choose to ignore then then be aware there will be backlash. This happens all the way from grade school clear up the corporate ladder.

I remember going to London in the mid 80s, right up to the Victoria memorial, where there were usually punks, decked out in purple, orange, green hair. My Da, who never controlled his sense of humour, was staring at them. One of the punks asked my Da why he was staring, to which he replied that he'd never seen such colours in mammals.

What I'm saying is you choose the manner in which you communicate. If you don't want to have someone comment on it, you can write correctly. What you can't expect is to do whatever you want and not have anyone react. You can control yourself and what you do, but you can't control the members of an international forum.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-29-11 03:03 PM
    In all groups there are certain norms. People can accidentally not follow the norms or they can purposefully ignore them. If you choose to ignore then then be aware there will be backlash. This happens all the way from grade school clear up the corporate ladder.

I remember going to London in the mid 80s, right up to the Victoria memorial, where there were usually punks, decked out in purple, orange, green hair. My Da, who never controlled his sense of humour, was staring at them. One of the punks asked my Da why he was staring, to which he replied that he'd never seen such colours in mammals.

What I'm saying is you choose the manner in which you communicate. If you don't want to have someone comment on it, you can write correctly. What you can't expect is to do whatever you want and not have anyone react. You can control yourself and what you do, but you can't control the members of an international forum.
    Well said. There are some ways of controlling the forum behavior of CrackBerry members.

If members really get out of hand, they get banned for various periods. After this, some come back and some do not.

However by far the most effective behavior control within these forums is peer pressure.
    03-29-11 03:11 PM
    I used to really enjoy coming here and reading the post and helping others but it just seems that most people are here to bash on RIM and Blackberry..If you hate them that bad why in gods name do you stay with them? Iam just so ticked off...Sorry folks....Ok be nice...lol....
    I think that will change once the Playbook is actually released and new handsets, especially the Bold Touch, become available. The bottom line is that there just hasn't been that much to talk about the last few months as RIM has been gearing up for the Playbook release and hasn't put out much in the way of new handsets over the last year or so (other than the Torch). Go to any NFL team message board, for example, and you'll see the same stuff because there just isn't all that much to talk about. People are just frustrated, but I think it will change over the next few months.
    03-29-11 03:17 PM
    I am not a hater but a person that expects quality, innovation and leading concepts.
    None of which RIM has displayed in the past two years or more.

It's like fans of a football team, if the team doesn't perform the crowd can get
    ugly or simply never attend another game.

If you want the attitude to change toward RIM change RIM.

Folks that are upset or disappointed in something, you will hear from those folks more
    then you will here from folks that are pleased.
    Some bummed people simply leave.

Tim
    03-29-11 03:25 PM
    I am not a hater but a person that expects quality, innovation and leading concepts.

None of which RIM has displayed in the past two years or more.

It's like fans of a football team, if the team doesn't perform the crowd can get

ugly or simply never attend another game.

If you want the attitude to change toward RIM change RIM.

Folks that are upset or disappointed in something, you will hear from those folks more

then you will here from folks that are pleased.

Some bummed people simply leave.

Tim
    That is very true. It has been scientifically proven that a person who is dissatisfied with a product or service will spread the news to more folks he knows than a person who is satisfied.
    03-29-11 03:49 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD