I used to really enjoy coming here and reading the post and helping others but it just seems that most people are here to bash on RIM and Blackberry..If you hate them that bad why in gods name do you stay with them? Iam just so ticked off...Sorry folks....Ok be nice...lol....
    03-28-11 03:12 PM
    I actually enjoy reading some of the flame wars, can be quite entertaining lol! There is also some knowledge to be gained when folks argue certain points of view, if you can weed out the bs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 03:26 PM
    I enjoy the rants about people leaving then returning after experiencing the other platforms. It's funny how unhappy they were before they tried other things. No company will ever be able to offer something that makes everyone happy. Personally I love Blackberries, and after all the reading, tweaking and manipulating I finally feel like I've got this one figured out. But it has taken some time and considerable effort to reach this point. Anything involving technology has a learning curve attached to it and with patience can be mastered. Hey, Love the Skin Yer In!

03-28-11 03:34 PM
    Top, the information I've gathered and the people I've met on this site has been well worth the small amount of effort I put into it.

That is not to say that almost every other day I haven't come across at least one post that angers me to no end when I read what the OP has to say in it, however, just as you point out, quote; "ok be nice", I try to remember that I am playing in somebody else's pond, and I've found that if I wait a few minutes a moderator will usually show up to correct any outrageous problems that crop up.

It's still a nice place to play, and meet people. Most of the time I spend reading up on something that catches my eye in a post until I feel I've answered the question, or reading the posts of old timers trying to master these new fangdangled phones.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-28-11 03:53 PM
    Top, the information I've gathered and the people I've met on this site has been well worth the small amount of effort I put into it.

That is not to say that almost every other day I haven't come across at least one post that angers me to no end when I read what the OP has to say in it, however, just as you point out, quote; "ok be nice", I try to remember that I am playing in somebody else's pond, and I've found that if I wait a few minutes a moderator will usually show up to correct any outrageous problems that crop up.

It's still a nice place to play, and meet people. Most of the time I spend reading up on something that catches my eye in a post until I feel I've answered the question, or reading the posts of old timers trying to master these new fangdangled phones.
    Right on. The preponderance is good. Lots of information to be gained. After a while you can learn to avoid the bashers. BB continues to be a very fine platform with good devices. Those of us who love our BB will continue to be here. The bashers may be loud but they are not the majority by any means.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-28-11 03:58 PM
    I actually enjoy reading some of the flame wars, can be quite entertaining lol! There is also some knowledge to be gained when folks argue certain points of view, if you can weed out the bs.

+1

This is best evidenced when folks pull out the "mine's better because of this or that feature" and reveal a step/option/practice/feature that someone else can use to improve their own experience, no matter what platform.

03-28-11 05:26 PM
    i agree with you, mine was deleted bc i posted bout how ppl correct your spelling and make fun of you bc u abbv. meanwhile you just want help with a question. it got heated and they moved my thread. i dont feel like thats fair because i didnt do anything wrong just posted my feelings!!
    03-28-11 05:36 PM
    Your posts weren't deleted, just moved to an appropriate forum. You were neither censured nor censored.

03-28-11 06:01 PM
    Right on. The preponderance is good. Lots of information to be gained. After a while you can learn to avoid the bashers. BB continues to be a very fine platform with good devices. Those of us who love our BB will continue to be here. The bashers may be loud but they are not the majority by any means.
    I agree the bashers are in the minority here. CB is still a great place to learn and meet some helpful people.
    03-28-11 08:12 PM
    I agree the bashers are in the minority here. CB is still a great place to learn and meet some helpful people.
    Yeah, they're in the minority, but damn are they loud. :/

Otherwise, this board has been a goldmine of information, from how-to's to cool apps to leaked OS's to new device news. The positives definitely outweigh the rest.

Fatoomah likes this.
    03-28-11 08:30 PM
    Yeah, they're in the minority, but damn are they loud. :/

Otherwise, this board has been a goldmine of information, from how-to's to cool apps to leaked OS's to new device news. The positives definitely outweigh the rest.

IMO the haters and bashers talk loud but they're saying nothing.

03-28-11 08:48 PM
    Android's the best!

03-28-11 09:18 PM
    Site has changed drastically from way back in the day when I used to just lurk....

Was calm, cool topics about berries and helping peeps and wasn't much to deal with negatively besides the Apple fans, but I swear ever since Android came and has been more popular than ever, people have come out the woodwork to bash on anything RIM...what is nutz, most were RIM fans at one time.

I know some that give good criticism from using so many different platforms and I can respect that, but it is the RIM bashers who just bash it to bash it and their reasons are like what Mr. Magoo! I mean really....

It is what it is....I miss the old CB, but you either deal or move on...I try to weed the BS out, but some stuff I see, I just can't help but call them how I see them.

03-28-11 11:46 PM
    Maybe people are frustrated because there has been no earth
    Shattering developments latley. I have gained a lot of knowledge
    Reading the posts.

03-29-11 02:21 AM
    Your posts weren't deleted, just moved to an appropriate forum. You were neither censured nor censored.

If my post wasn't deleted then where was it moved too?
    03-29-11 01:09 PM
    This one? http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/people-forums-599372/

You can view your posts through your profile.
    03-29-11 01:13 PM
    If my post wasn't deleted then where was it moved too?
    The thread was closed and then moved to CrackBerry Rehab, here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/people-forums-599372/
    03-29-11 01:18 PM
    The thread was closed and then moved to CrackBerry Rehab, here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/people-forums-599372/
    So you were right it wasn't deleted, however no one can still post anything. All I did was put what was on my mind in a post and people didn't like that, so you closed it. I don't think thats fair.
    03-29-11 01:53 PM
    So you were right it wasn't deleted, however no one can still post anything. All I did was put what was on my mind in a post and people didn't like that, so you closed it. I don't think thats fair.
    Having a thread closed is not really a big deal. That particular thread was just turning in to a pointless arguments, there was flaming, and the thread was just not worth saving. HOWEVER, you can still have your say. Someone else has now started a similar topic about forum conduct, and you are already contibuting (asking about your thread). Perhaps you can contribute more of your feelings in this thread. Keeping in mind, some of the positive advise you received on the other thread, grammar and spelling while not crucial, CAN help you express yourself.
    03-29-11 02:07 PM
    That's right. You are welcome here. OK, you got a thread closed. Many people do. It's like pkcable says, it's no big deal. It happens quite a bit. The Mods try hard to avoid people being in conflict within threads as it tends to carry over other threads and then there's chaos.

I gave you a bit of a hard time yesterday but you have come back - using capitals and correct spelling too.

You are also communicating and contributing. My respects to you.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-29-11 02:16 PM
    That's right. You are welcome here. OK, you got a thread closed. Many people do. It's like pkcable says, it's no big deal. It happens quite a bit. The Mods try hard to avoid people being in conflict within threads as it tends to carry over other threads and then there's chaos.

I gave you a bit of a hard time yesterday but you have come back - using capitals and correct spelling too.

You are also communicating and contributing. My respects to you.
    I know how to write correctly and spell. I am 22 yr old, that works as a administrative assistant, however I don't feel like I have to type 100% proper, and if one other person says anything about my typing if I happen to abbv. then I will not come back here. It's not worth getting annoyed and made fun of. But i apperciate your post. THANKS
    pkcable likes this.
    03-29-11 02:30 PM
    Your grammar and abbreviations are annoying. Are you going to leave now?

Who cares what other people say, do what you are going to do and be done with it. You type the way you type, only you should care. If you are going to get upset over people criticizing your English on an internet forum, you should lock yourself in a box and protect yourself from the rest of the worlds criticism.

Don't read the posts and ignore those users, you will be less annoyed, and you wont see that you are being criticized.
    03-29-11 02:35 PM
    Your grammar and abbreviations are annoying. Are you going to leave now?

Who cares what other people say, do what you are going to do and be done with it. You type the way you type, only you should care. If you are going to get upset over people criticizing your English on an internet forum, you should lock yourself in a box and protect yourself from the rest of the worlds criticism.

Don't read the posts and ignore those users, you will be less annoyed, and you wont see that you are being criticized.
    I dont care what people say. I also don't need to go in a box, my point im asking a question about bb and people correct sh*t, dont correct me and just answer my question. Im not being nasty I can see what you are saying. Thanks
    03-29-11 02:44 PM
    I dont care what people say. I also don't need to go in a box, my point im asking a question about bb and people correct sh*t, dont correct me and just answer my question. Im not being nasty I can see what you are saying. Thanks
    I agree with you, but haters are aways going to hate. There is nothing you can do but ignore them and go about your business. It sucks, but it is what it is.
    amanda09joe likes this.
    03-29-11 02:47 PM
    You may, of course, write, spell and grammaticize how you wish.

However you have twice tried to obtain an answer and twice you have used abbreviations, poor spelling and grammar. Twice you have ben asked to communicate properly. Twice you have failed to obtain your response.

There simply has to be a message there for you.

The fact is that with 2.8 million members on CrackBerry, the ones who make it easy for the rest of us to understand them are the ones who receive the most meaningful and focused answers to their questions.

You have said that you know how to write and you have demonstrated this.

You choice is clear.

btw: we want to help you. Seriously. I find it hard to do when I have to first decode the meaning of a group of words that may or may not be a properly formed sentence and then try to work out what needs to be done to help.

If I am pushed for time, I will often just skip by such posts simply because they are too much work to get to the point.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-29-11 02:54 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD