The single most important social app for many people 30s and up (BlackBerry wheelhouse) has stopped working apparently. On BBW there is a ****storm of angry reviews.

Was this update done on purpose to just move people along to Android? I'm at the end of my time with my Z30 (loved it), and it looks like Samsung Edge 6 is looking to by next phone. These updates are pushing me out a little sooner than expected.

I've been one of BlackBerry's biggest fans, from Pearls to Torch and Z10s and Z30 , it's been quite the ride.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 11:42 PM
    Never updated and it still works (as poorly as before) BUT all posts appear in the hub. Try to install the old version.
    05-07-16 11:47 PM
    My friend I think u were on a time capsule for a month or so.this issue is old news..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jaydee5799 and ppeters914 like this.
    05-08-16 12:11 AM
    05-08-16 12:46 AM
    Never updated and it still works (as poorly as before) BUT all posts appear in the hub. Try to install the old version.
    Same here. Updated the app to the Web browser version in March. Had to do a factory reset and reloaded software via BlackBerry link a few days ago and the old facebook app appeared and works as before - contact sync, hub integration etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 01:12 AM
    I'm not using any "web based" FB. In 7.1 my FB app still works.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-08-16 01:41 AM
    I'm not using any "web based" FB. In 7.1 my FB app still works.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, my wife's 9900 still runs FB just fine.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    05-08-16 04:47 AM
    BlackBerry pulled the old app that still functions from BBWorld, and replaced it with the Web shortcut. Now I'm not saying that the original app works fine, far from it.

Here's the deal: even if Whatsapp still works long-after it receives itslast update, it's most likeley that BlackBerry will pull it from their app store anyway...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    05-08-16 05:58 AM
    It's sad to see the OS10 Facebook app going to the wayside, whether you like Facebook or not, in 2016 it's has become a major social app that's not only used by a lot of the consumer market, but now I know a lot of business folks who are now using it.

Another reason where the app issue comes into play. If the apps don't work properly on a given platform, folks are not going to support it. This is 2016 and at the present time, it's an app driven world wether we like it or not.
    Tabdus, cmdaga and xtremeled like this.
    05-08-16 07:26 AM
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 08:04 AM
    Web based is the next. Why back to app.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 09:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's why Blackberry doesn't have it...
    05-08-16 10:41 AM
    Use m.facebook.com in your browser work fantastic

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 03:19 PM
    I won't go near Facebook personally but my understanding is all their apps suck regardless of OS. It's a resource hog.
    05-08-16 03:23 PM
    I am so glad that I still have the working FB app on my Passport.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    05-08-16 04:17 PM
    I won't go near Facebook personally but my understanding is all their apps suck regardless of OS. It's a resource hog.
    Most folks I know use the Android and IOS versions of the Facebook and I haven't heard any major complaints as far as the app is concerned. Folks always want improvements, but those always come in do time.
    05-08-16 06:33 PM
    I've been using Face 10 by Nemory. It has the advantage of the notifications showing up in the Hub. Well worth the $3.

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper and DarkJoker33 like this.
    05-08-16 10:14 PM
    Most folks I know use the Android and IOS versions of the Facebook and I haven't heard any major complaints as far as the app is concerned. Folks always want improvements, but those always come in do time.
    Most people don't know why their phone is acting up when it acts up. Anything from battery draining fast to the phone getting hot. The Facebook app is known to be a bit of a resource hog as is the Facebook messenger app. Most people wouldn't know if that was causing a problem from time to time. Only those of us who spend too much time on these forums would know.
    05-08-16 10:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I agree, I just got used to using the "app" but really Web based is the direction to go for a lot of them. It is kind of silly how they ignore the "App of all Apps" or browser. App craze is out of hand.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 01:00 AM
    Hub integration for notifications. Messages. And photo upload in the BlackBerry app is better than the web version, i.e. try uploading a batch of images.

I use both. You can always use the browser to get to the web version, so why force it? Just make it clear to everyone that the BlackBerry version isn't supported anymore but kept around for BB10 integration.
    05-09-16 05:41 PM
    I was already using both the app and the web FB, since the app didn't always register places that I wanted to check-in at, so I am okay with using both on my Passport. Helps a great deal to have both!
    05-09-16 06:12 PM
    I never realized the target market for Facebook was thirty-somethings. Thanks for sharing. Out of interest, what do people in their twenties or late teens generally use?
    05-09-16 06:42 PM
    I never realized the target market for Facebook was thirty-somethings. Thanks for sharing. Out of interest, what do people in their twenties or late teens generally use?
    Snapchat
    05-09-16 06:57 PM
    As of last night, my native Facebook app still worked. Today, the app just closes, seconds after being opened.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 08:14 AM
    The target market for FB was originally Harvard, then expanded to Ivy League colleges, then all colleges, and then, finally, everyone. But anyone who was in college when FB was released is in their 30s today.

And while almost everyone has a FB account and is at least an occasional user, FB is mostly used by 30-somethings and older. Teens and 20s are mostly using SnapChat, Instagram, Tumblr, and text messaging services (SMS/MMS, FaceTime, Hangouts, WhatsApp).
    05-30-16 11:20 AM
31 12