im being lazy and didnt feel like searching and finding a previous post about this....sorry!

i got my BB curve yesterday and everything worked fine. i was able to send and receive texts. but today i when i tried to text it attempts to send it and then fails and says "service denied" at the top of the message. i didnt mess with anything between last night and today so im not sure whats up.

i was hoping someone one here might know cause im sick of being at the Sprint store (6 times yesterday, 1 time today) and i HATE talking to customer service.
    07-26-08 01:17 AM
    ok, so i decided to not be lazy (well actually im just being impatient!! ) and searched for this in any previous threads and didnt really find anything that was like this. anyone??
    lilbits vbling likes this.
    07-26-08 01:51 AM
    Does your phone work ok? Do you have a good signal?
    07-26-08 01:59 AM
    yeah i have an almost full signal, i can make calls and everything like that. just no texts. i tried the battery pull thing and it didnt work. i know i have text on my plan (Sprint, Simply everything plan.) so im not sure whats up. they were working yesterday but not today...
    07-26-08 02:01 AM
    Something may have happened to the provisioning. You will need to contact Sprint.
    07-26-08 02:05 AM
    ugh lame. thanks! guess ill be heading down there tomorrow!

maybe they'll have a red one in that i can swap it with? hmm..that'd make it worth it!
    07-26-08 02:08 AM
    Not sure if this will help but I was having some probs with viigo and couldn't figure out what was wrong. After searching a bit I was instructed to check my firewall settings. I noticed there were options for SMS in there as well, so maybe you can check that.

Hope this may help...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 06:35 AM
    Something may have happened to the provisioning. You will need to contact Sprint.
    She can resend her service books from the sprint site. That might be worth trying before making a trip.

07-26-08 07:02 AM
    Hey lilbit:

I had the same problem with my phone, I got it last week, programmed it online through Sprint & then later that night the provisioning was all screwed up.

Sprint customer service tried to help, but I was eventually passed on to technical support & the only thing that they could do was to give e the option of with going to the Sprint store to wipe everything out & start again or they offered to do it over the phone & reprogram it that way.

I chose to do it over the phone. It had to be taken back down to factory standards & I had to start from scratch.

Thankfully I had not done much to it at that point, so I didn't have much lost information besides my address book.

After that it was & remains fine. I hope that helps some. I know it sucks, but I'm not aware of any other way to get around it!

At least over the phone I didn't have to drive or go out of my way to fix it. Sprint technical service is available until 1:00 AM EST! Customer service was really no help, but technical service helped out a ton!
    But if you want to exchange it for the red one, then it would be worth your while to drive to the store. I have the red one & love it!

Good luck!
    Last edited by tallulahbird; 07-26-08 at 07:22 AM.
    07-26-08 07:13 AM
    Or go to options/advanced options/host routing hit the menu button then register now

07-26-08 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD