Walked into a Tmobile store today at Lunch so I could put my hands on the new Z10....
    ...The Manager was using one as his personal phone so I got to hold it apart from the security tether.

The first thing I did was take a picture of fine print and the camera did a great job there....
    ...The next thing I did was look for the voice note app but couldn't find it.
    ...The Tmobile Mgr said BBRY left that app out.

Then said I could just get one in the Blackberry world or side load one????
    ....Someone PLEASE tell me that BBRY didn't do that!
    ....Leave out the F'ing voice note recorder.

I was in a hurry and only did a search on the phone but didn't see anything there.....
    ...I did see a Password Keeper in Blackberry world that was developed by RIM.
    ...But no Voice recorder - are they calling it something else now?
    04-05-13 07:45 PM
    It's now integrated into the remember app. It comes stock with BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    bdguru, SK122387 and vision1961 like this.
    04-05-13 07:50 PM
    Actually if you're fond of the voice recorder app, you'll probably like an app called "Parrot". It's highly rated in App World and super easy to use as a voice recorder. It also has options built in for sending your recordings to BBM etc.

Posted via CB10
    rasmadrak likes this.
    04-05-13 09:13 PM

Posted via CB10

Ok, so I would have only needed to hit the "remember App"....
    ...And then I would see the Voice Note Recorder there?
    ...Same functionality then? Like the ability to record a whole meeting and email it?

If it provides the same functionality as my Bold 9930 I would be happy!
    ...Just need the 30 day email issue fixed then I'm ready to buy.
    04-05-13 09:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    ^He's right. Tasks, Memo Pad, and the Voice Recorder are all built into Remember. It's pretty cool actually, once you get used to the fact that after all these years, BlackBerry changed their basic apps.
    bdguru likes this.
    04-05-13 09:29 PM
    ^He's right. Tasks, Memo Pad, and the Voice Recorder are all built into Remember. It's pretty cool actually, once you get used to the fact that after all these years, BlackBerry changed their basic apps.
    Outstanding! When a search for "voice notes recorder" failed to turn anything up....
    ...I started to get worried - especially after the Mgr. blew it off as.
    ...Something I could easily "side load".

When you hit the remember App do you see everything right there?
    ...Or are they calling those individual things something different?
    ...Thank you SK122387.
    04-05-13 09:36 PM
    Parrot actually works really well.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:06 PM
    When you hit the remember App do you see everything right there?
    ...Or are they calling those individual things something different?
    ...Thank you SK122387.
    You have to add a new entry, and from there you'll have the option to record a Voice Note.
    04-05-13 10:08 PM
    Voice Note is available on BBM too. Click on the Attach paperclip at the bottom of the chat and VN is an option.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:17 PM
    Check out parrot

Posted via CB10
    swishhh likes this.
    04-05-13 10:24 PM
    Walked into a Tmobile store today at Lunch so I could put my hands on the new Z10....
    ...The Manager was using one as his personal phone so I got to hold it apart from the security tether.

The first thing I did was take a picture of fine print and the camera did a great job there....
    ...The next thing I did was look for the voice note app but couldn't find it.
    ...The Tmobile Mgr said BBRY left that app out.

Then said I could just get one in the Blackberry world or side load one????
    ....Someone PLEASE tell me that BBRY didn't do that!
    ....Leave out the F'ing voice note recorder.

I was in a hurry and only did a search on the phone but didn't see anything there.....
    ...I did see a Password Keeper in Blackberry world that was developed by RIM.
    ...But no Voice recorder - are they calling it something else now?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OR YOU COULD LOOK AT THE NEW VOICE CONTROL ... it allows you to MAKE A NOTE
    which is Transcribed to text...and stored in REMEMBER as a unified note...you can later FILE it...
    this is perfect for VOICE NOTES that you want a typed record of...(lawyers, doctors, etc..)
    This can be easily triggered by the middle button between the volume controls...
    Also you can use Bluetooth and record NOTES hands free while driving...(besides sending emails, text messages and BBM's hands free)
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-05-13 11:01 PM
    You have to add a new entry, and from there you'll have the option to record a Voice Note.
    So no more on-the-fly being able to simply push the record button?
    ...You have to make an entry 1st before you do that?
    ...= No Go.
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-06-13 12:23 AM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OR YOU COULD LOOK AT THE NEW VOICE CONTROL ... it allows you to MAKE A NOTE
    which is Transcribed to text...and stored in REMEMBER as a unified note...you can later FILE it...
    this is perfect for VOICE NOTES that you want a typed record of...(lawyers, doctors, etc..)
    This can be easily triggered by the middle button between the volume controls...
    Also you can use Bluetooth and record NOTES hands free while driving...(besides sending emails, text messages and BBM's hands free)
    I'm not liking the sound of that at all - or of having to make an entry prior to recording.....
    ...I'm going to have to make another trip back to the store I guess.
    04-06-13 12:25 AM
    So no more on-the-fly being able to simply push the record button?
    ...You have to make an entry 1st before you do that?
    ...= No Go.
    No. You simply press the mute key and say "make a note". After the beep, record your note and save it in the remember app.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 04-06-13 at 07:14 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-06-13 06:38 AM
    No. You simply press the mute key and say "make a note". After the beep, record your note and save it in the remember app.
    Does it work like the current Blackberry Bold in that if you need to record a two hour meeting...
    ....The App does that w/out any problems & hands free?
    ....The current Voice Notes Recorder on the Bold is perfect - it does everything and fast.
    04-06-13 09:19 AM
    Bump.....
    ...Does it work like the current Bold in that if you need to record a two hour meeting...
    ...The App does that w/out any problems & hands free?
    04-06-13 11:33 PM
    Yeah, you can record notes easily and in many ways. You could record your whole week and have plenty of space left over.

You can save and share and retrieve notes easily too. Give it a shot!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 12:29 AM
    Bump.....
    ...Does it work like the current Bold in that if you need to record a two hour meeting...
    ...The App does that w/out any problems & hands free?
    I haven't played around with it that much, not something I really use.
    04-07-13 07:17 AM
    If you want to email your voice notes, the Remember app won't work for you. At least, I don't see a way to email voice notes in Remember. I've tried Parrot, which gets good reviews, but I actually prefer Voice-eMailer, which doesn't even require you to name your recording. You just record, click send, pick a recipient, and it creates an email with a "You have a voice eMail" and the same thing as message body. You can, of course, change these, but you don't have to, so the email is ready to go with a single click on "Send".

Edit: You can also customize the outgoing email title and body.
    04-07-13 08:59 AM
    Ok just new here but the phone can transcribe my voice note to text. I can use that for sure. How can I do that.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:57 AM
    Yeah, you can record notes easily and in many ways. You could record your whole week and have plenty of space left over.

You can save and share and retrieve notes easily too. Give it a shot!

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a BB10 phone yet - my carrier didn't carry the Z10 so I'm waiting for the Q10......
    ...I'm making CERTAIN I will be able to do the same things on the Q10 that I can on the 9930.
    ...Before I have the company start purchasing them.

The voice notes recorder and ability to view email older than 30 days is a pretty big deal.....
    ....That's why I was shocked that the Z10 did what it did with email and buggered the voice notes recorder.
    ....It's almost like they threw the baby out with the bath water!

The Parrot App sounds like it might work but no-one has confirmed you can record a two hour meeting with it......
    ....The days of me just going out and buying a new blackberry w/out testing it out are over.
    04-07-13 11:08 AM
    Ok just new here but the phone can transcribe my voice note to text. I can use that for sure. How can I do that.

Posted via CB10
    Press and hold the period key on the keyboard until the voice notes recorder pops up. Record away. Don't forget to speak your punctuation.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-07-13 11:11 AM
    Perfect thanks. Is there a way to email the entry after it made? This would be extremely helpful for work bases.

Extremely pleased with my Z10 by the way. Go BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:19 AM
    If you want to email your voice notes, the Remember app won't work for you. At least, I don't see a way to email voice notes in Remember. I've tried Parrot, which gets good reviews, but I actually prefer Voice-eMailer, which doesn't even require you to name your recording. You just record, click send, pick a recipient, and it creates an email with a "You have a voice eMail" and the same thing as message body. You can, of course, change these, but you don't have to, so the email is ready to go with a single click on "Send".

Edit: You can also customize the outgoing email title and body.
    Actually you can send voice notes from within email. select attachment - select file - make sure you are on device and not sd card - you will see voice notes listed which include those from within the remember app. One slight problem - you can't, as far as I can tell, rename the file so they are bu default named with the date and time they were made.

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo and Mecca EL like this.
    04-07-13 11:21 AM
    Perfect thanks. Is there a way to email the entry after it made? This would be extremely helpful for work bases.

Extremely pleased with my Z10 by the way. Go BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    See my post below your post.

As I said, the one issue I see is that you can't name the files. I hope this changes in an update because as of now you would have to know when you made the file. Not a problem if you are sending it immediately, but I can imagine some confusion if you need to refer back to the notes at a later date.

If anyone knows of a way to rename the files please let me know. I haven't actually played with the files in file manager - maybe it can be done from there.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:26 AM
44 12