when i try to make a call using my address book, i select the person and press the track wheel and select "Call (name)" then i get a message saying cant complete call from my carrier. When the "+" is in front of the number i cant make the call. and all my contacts when they call me, do not come up with the name on my caller ID unless i add them in my address book with the "+"

What is this about? how can i have it so i can select someone in my address book to call and it goes through?

Thanks
    11-15-08 08:05 AM
    do you have the area code in front of the phone number I don't have a "+" I just put in the area code and the phone number otherwise the caller id won't show the contact name on my phone.
    11-15-08 08:21 AM
    Same as luvitlo here. I always add numbers with country and area codes on them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 08:30 AM
    I think that is it. If I do not have a "1" in front of the area code, it will not call, and when that person calls me, the name does not show up. I changed my wife's address entry and i was able to call her, and when she called me and text me, her name came up...cool

Thanks for the info guys!!!

this forum rocks!!
    11-15-08 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD