Ok, I've been patiently waiting for the iPhone to make its way to Verizon and the day has finally come (February 3) and I couldn't be more excited (accept for the hefty $200 price tag WITH a 2 year contract)! Don't get me wrong, I love my BB Storm but we all know that it is lacking in areas that the iPhone excels in. Anyway, before i part with my beloved BB Storm, I'm curious what features/aspects that are on the BB phones that I will lose when I upgrade to an Iphone?

For example, I'm sure there is no BB messenger or that little "D" above the check mark when you text someone. These are little things but I like them. I'm also gonna miss the customization you can do with a BB like put your own wallpaper on the home screen.
    The iPhone does everything better than the BlackBerry. *prepares for attack* You can put your own wallpaper on an iPhone with much more customization than just changing your wallpaper and moving your icons around.
    02-06-11 04:13 PM
    The iPhone does everything better than the BlackBerry.

1. Integrated applications

2. Mass Storage Mode (Using your phone like a Flash drive) The feature is not on the iPhone, which is weird, becuse it is on the iPod classic

3. Blackberry can be used on almost every carrier in the world (over 475 of them). In the US, the iPhone is available on AT&T and Verizon only.

4.Blackberry is available in five form factors � small keyboard, large keyboard, no keyboard, flip phone, and candy-bar.

5. Blackberries have keyboards, so you can actually type fast and with no errors. Helps while driving, walking, carrying something in your other hand � all the time. iPhone: well�

6. Blackberry uses standardized (=inexpensive and available everywhere in the world) MicroUSB connector for synchronization/charging. iPhone has a much larger proprietary 30-pin connector.

7. carriers such as Verizon and Sprint offer unlimited international Blackberry data roaming for $40/month or less. iPhone does not. This could save you literally tens of thousands of dollars when you are abroad.

8. Blackberry has expandable memory. iPhone is fixed and sold at 8, 16 or 32 gig only.

9. Blackberry has removable and expandable battery. iPhone is fixed.

10. Blackberry allows programs to multitask. iPhone has limited multitasking.

11. Blackberry allows communicating peer-to-peer via PIN identifier, circumventing the email system. (Not talking about BBM) No such iPhone equivalent.

12.Skype on the Blackberry? Yes, from anywhere to anywhere. Skype on iPhone? Only if you�re on WiFi.

13. Sling on the Blackberry? Yes, it�s free. Sling on iPhone? $30.

14. Blackberry can be synchronized to multiple computers simultaneously, if you have multiple computers.

15. Multiple Blackberries can receive the same email feeds simultaneously, if you have multiple Blackberries.

16. Blackberry can sort the address book entries by company name, so you can scroll down a long list of names you don�t remember, but you just want to see who works for which company. Aside from sorting, the iPhone can take several seconds to search your address book, particularly if you have several thousand address book entries.

17. Blackberry isn�t slowed down by having, say, 10,000 or 100,000 address book entries. Try using an iPhone with 10,000 address book entries.

18. Blackberry is available with multiple browsers from multiple suppliers. iPhone is available only with its standard Safari browser.

19. Blackberry synchronizes with iTunes � and every other media management program.

20. Blackberry models with 480 pixel resolution and WiFi offer PrimeTime2Go, an $8/month TV service that works as a DVR.

21. Blackberry fits as many emails in the inbox as there is memory available (typically many tens of thousands). iPhone is limited to 200 emails. Yes, iPhone has a remote look-up capability, but that doesn�t do you any good when you�re on an airplane or are otherwise out of coverage.

22. Prepaid �no contract� flexibility: iPhone is sold with a 2-year contract only, although once upon a time it offered a �contract-free� iPhone if you paid close to $899 up-front for the iPhone itself.

23. Can be fully integrated with the Playbook. No word yet on any iPhone+iPad Integration with future devices.

24. Blackberry is an encrypted military-grade security platform, with 100% market share at FBI, CIA, White House, Congress, Department of Defense, major consultancies and major investment banks. In contrast, iPhone has security vulnerabilities.

Here is a link to a PDF document with details as to why the Blackberry is the only platform approved for use in our national security agencies. It compares against the iPhone and Microsoft Mobile platforms.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-06-11 04:20 PM
    Most of that can be summed into 2 things:

1. The BlackBerry has a keyboard. Yay.
    2. Multiple carriers. Valid.

The average smartphone user honestly couldn't care less about the rest of those things.
    02-06-11 04:26 PM
    Most of that can be summed into 2 things:

1. The BlackBerry has a keyboard. Yay.
    2. Multiple carriers. Valid.

The average smartphone user honestly couldn't care less about the rest of those things.
    I think alot of users DO care about Mass Storage mode, multiple form factors to choose from, expandable memory, removable battery, REAL multitasking, being able to synchronize between different computers (Work and home comp for example), being able to synchronize your phone with multiple media management program, being able to handle tons of messages and address book entries without a problem, etc... etc...
    02-06-11 05:01 PM
    Let's not forget the ability to download things from your browser straight to your memory card.

For example, a friend sends you a new song to listen to. The song is on Rapidshare? No problem, download to Blackberry and listen. Same goes for any other kind of file, word file, excel, etc.

It basically has the file structure of a small pc, while iPad is closed and you cannot access, add or modify the files on your phone yourself without it being connected to iTunes.
    02-06-11 06:02 PM
    Let's not forget the ability to download things from your browser straight to your memory card.

For example, a friend sends you a new song to listen to. The song is on Rapidshare? No problem, download to Blackberry and listen. Same goes for any other kind of file, word file, excel, etc.

It basically has the file structure of a small pc, while iPad is closed and you cannot access, add or modify the files on your phone yourself without it being connected to iTunes.
    Amen.

I forgot about this and now that I think about it, this was a HUGE annoyance for me with iPhone.
    02-06-11 06:23 PM
    I think alot of users DO care about Mass Storage mode, multiple form factors to choose from, expandable memory, removable battery, REAL multitasking, being able to synchronize between different computers (Work and home comp for example), being able to synchronize your phone with multiple media management program, being able to handle tons of messages and address book entries without a problem, etc... etc...
    It looks to me like you're describing Android. Especially seeing that BlackBerry's only have about 3 form factors, Apps can only be saved to the ridiculously small amount of built in memory and there's barely anything these days that syncs with old BlackBerries besides for crappy old BB Desktop Manager.
    02-07-11 08:22 PM
    The iPhone does everything better than the BlackBerry. *prepares for attack* You can put your own wallpaper on an iPhone with much more customization than just changing your wallpaper and moving your icons around.
    Is that the best you could come up with, to describe how you think the Jesus phone is better than a BB?? wallpaper??
    02-07-11 08:34 PM
    Is that the best you could come up with, to describe how you think the Jesus phone is better than a BB?? wallpaper??
    Yes, that is the best I could come up with. Aside from the whole.... Better specs in general, better media integration, better apps, better browser, and all that jazz.
    02-07-11 08:37 PM
    Yes, that is the best I could come up with. Aside from the whole.... Better specs in general, better media integration, better apps, better browser, and all that jazz.
    That's better!
    tmelon and BlackStormRising like this.
    02-07-11 08:52 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD