Just wondering, for those of you who do not like/use the voice dialing, do you wear a BT headset? It works well for me in the car

also the search function works great for me, especially if you are looking for an old txt or email (even if it has been deleted from the phone)

don't use:
    separate mail icons
    compose
    tasks
    memo pad
    password keeper
    turn power off
    screen lock
    call log
    08-19-09 07:34 AM
    I have to say the "Turn Power Off" icon just confuses me...who would want to turn their BB off? lol
    08-19-09 07:46 AM
    Don't use the games, voice dialing, help, password keeper, visual vm. I tried to remove visual voicemail but it screwed up everything.

Absolutely couldn't do without my PIN messages as almost everyone I talk to has a Berry and why pay for a text message package when you can write much more in PIN for free..lol!
    08-19-09 07:48 AM
    Wow lots of people dont use PW Keeper. I have to use it, I can't remember my passwords or even user login names for different sites/programs etc.

Things I dont use....... the games, voice dialing and Slacker Radio
    08-19-09 07:58 AM
    I use a lot of the features on my BlackBerry, and now that I think about it I use more than I thought I did. The features that I don't use are the Memo Pad, BlackBerry Messenger for the most part, Password Keeper, the games, and I rarely use Documents to Go.
    08-19-09 08:28 AM
    I've only got my BlackBerry so I doubt I will count but I don't see myself using the voice memo application that much, if ever in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 08:45 AM
    The apps that I can not delete, I hide them, like hide and search.
    08-19-09 09:22 AM
    I never use anything pushed by AT&T, voice dialing, tasks, memo, games, video camera, search, help, and voice notes recorder. Wow, that made me realize I use a lot of features on my bb.
    08-19-09 09:43 AM
    I use a lot of features as well, but one of the features I didn't mention that I rarely use are the help, search, and password features.
    08-19-09 10:12 AM
    Just wondering, for those of you who do not like/use the voice dialing, do you wear a BT headset? It works well for me in the car
    I actually use voice dial with a Motorola t505 bluetooth speaker phone in my car. It works flawlessly for me. I can even have my BB in my pocket or holster and just hit dial on the speaker phone, it initiates voice dial and the prompts sound through the speaker.
    08-19-09 10:59 AM
    I have never used password keeper on any of my blackberries. I don't use slacker radio on my tour either.
    08-19-09 11:13 AM
    I hardly play the games. That's why I have a 360 and PS3 for.
    08-19-09 11:28 AM
    I never use:

Search
    Voice Dialing
    Stock games (I love BrickBreaker though)
    Help
    Sprint Software Store
    Sprint Music Store
    08-19-09 11:35 AM
    Is there a better program to play music from my 16 gig card, slacker and pandora are great but my bluetooth remote control so i can jam rocks
    08-19-09 01:14 PM
    This cracked me up.

I don't use voice dialing either, and I think having it as a default convenience key is not the best choice. Especially for new users, it's alarming the first time you accidentally press it and hear the woman's voice, "Say a command." What? Who me? Can you hear me? Leave me alone.[/QUOTE]
    08-19-09 01:26 PM
    I've had my BB for about a month now and I don't use AIM, myspace, facebook, yahoo, docs 2 go, google talk, pocket express (what is it?), sprint tv or the sprint music store plus a few other.

I LOVE password keeper. I use the voice recorder quite a bit to remind myself of things I need to do, or buy at the grocery store. I'm not using the calendar as much as I thought I would. It's not as user friendly as I would like.
    08-19-09 01:35 PM
    I avoid:
    Help
    voice dialing
    lock
    docs to go
    VZW tones
    vcast
    voice notes
    tasks
    08-19-09 01:37 PM
    I'm still messing around with the phone.. Trying to see what everything does. But I don't have time to just sit down all day playing with my phone.. Got work to do.
    08-19-09 01:43 PM
    I don't use:
    VZ Navigator
    VCast
    Any of the docs, spreadsheets, etc To Go
    Tasks, Notes
    Lock
    Password Keeper
    Voice Dialing
    Video Camera
    08-19-09 05:37 PM
    Voice Dialing
    Compose
    Saved Messages - do we really need an icon for this when it can be accessed from "Messages"
    Brickbreaker
    Tasks
    Search
    Help
    Auto On/Off
    Password Keeper
    Blackberry Maps - replaced with Google Maps
    DocsToGo
    MSN Messenger
    AOL Instant Messenger
    Yahoo! Messenger
    Facebook - SocialScope replaced this.
    Myspace
    T-Zones
    MyFaves Icon - I have my MyFaves set up, but I do not use the icon at all. It is tucked away in a folder where I do not have to see it.
    Certificate Search

I'm pretty sure there are one more two more but I can't remember.

All of the above that can be deleted have been. If it can't be deleted it is in a folder marked "unused" and hidden.
    08-19-09 08:35 PM
    This cracked me up.

I don't use voice dialing either, and I think having it as a default convenience key is not the best choice. Especially for new users, it's alarming the first time you accidentally press it and hear the woman's voice, "Say a command." What? Who me? Can you hear me? Leave me alone.
    [/QUOTE]

Cracked me up as well But mostly because after having my Bold for about 6 months I still hear that woman's voice at least once a day!

Guess I need to change the use of that key LOL
    08-19-09 09:47 PM
    Few things: 1. the install icons--i HATE these, I do NOT want to install the Myspace App or the facebook app or the flicker app. I also don't want the slacker radio app, if I want to install them, I'll go do it.

Brickbreaker is the first thing I get rid of.
    08-19-09 09:55 PM
    I have to say the "Turn Power Off" icon just confuses me...who would want to turn their BB off? lol
    Me, every night.
    08-19-09 10:42 PM
    I am astonished by the number of people that don't use search. If BlackBerrys had no search capability, I would not own a BlackBerry. In fact, I don't think the search function in full featured enough and should allow third-party programs to utilize it thus making it system wide.

And to keep on topic, I use PocketInformant, so I probably use the built-in tasks program the least.
    08-20-09 06:34 PM
    I never use Password Keeper. I may play with everything else once or twice, but never PK.
    08-20-09 08:58 PM
239 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD