I too created a whole folder of the extras that I find pointless. All the proprietary subscription icons, search, yellow pages etc etc.
    08-18-09 04:26 PM
    Oh come now, you delete BrickBreaker? I recently discovered its addictive nature.

And Text Messaging - the dumbest way to communicate?! Surely not, I'm not an obsessed teen who is forever looking down at my Berry whilst thumbing out messages. I find it quicker to tap out a few quick messages than to find a number, dialing said number, wait for it to ring, having it answered, going through the pleasantries and finally telling the person I've called whatever message I need to tell them. Whew!

Texting is so much easier
    BrickBreaker is the very first thing I delete. After one playing of the game it
    just gets boring and repetitive.

Yes, to me texting is the dumbest possible way to communicate
    with people. Only two people ever text me and that is as a last resort.
    Everyone else know I will delete their texts without bothering to read them.
    08-18-09 04:31 PM
    this is my entire list of stuff I have hidden from "show all"
    individual e-mail folders (just use messages)
    phone
    clock
    camera
    application center
    setup
    search
    music
    sounds (it's on the front screen, why is this necessary?)
    lock
    turn off
    vcast song id
    vzw tones
    slacker
    all the messengers other than AIM
    compose/saved messages
    slideshow to go and excel to go (use word to go when someone might need my resume)
    voice dial
    bbm maps
    flickr

other than that there are maybe a handful of things i use all the time, others once in awhile
    08-18-09 04:45 PM
    Wow, I feel like I'm now the only person in the world who uses Password keeper!
    Password Keeper is one of the apps i really missed when i wasn't using a BlackBerry for a few months. I use it religiously with my info!
    08-18-09 04:45 PM
    I have a folder filled with those programs that I never use, but can't toss.

Some of them, are useful programs, but useless icons that I want to ditch.
    Manage Connections
    email settings
    Call Log
    My email icons (i just use the messages folder)
    compose
    My app that provides a pop-up screen for SMS and email
    set up wizard
    set up bluetooth

Some of them I can't delete, but wish I could:
    MySpace
    Facebook
    Most everything I got from Sprint, like the software and music store
    Password Keeper
    08-18-09 04:54 PM
    I don't use:
    Voice Notes/Recorder
    Brick breaker
    Help
    All VZW junk
    Docs to go

I USE: (regularly)
    Alarm Clock (Mon-Fri)
    Facebook
    BBM
    Media Player (music)
    Slacker
    Viigo
    Shazam
    Profiler
    QuickPull Lite

I hardly use the camera, because of the low quality, but love having it around because you never know when you will want to take pictures! For example, you are walking around in a store or restaurant ... enjoy the random pics i have taken!
    Last edited by wryun; 08-18-09 at 05:00 PM.
    08-18-09 04:57 PM
    Don't use VZW Navigator, V Cast or VZW Voicemail. Also no go with BB messenger.
    08-18-09 05:08 PM
    Voice dialing nvr used and dont think i ever will.
    08-18-09 05:38 PM
    I have a folder called Unused that never gets entered.

Help
    Search
    Weather Setup
    Maps
    Calendar
    BrickBreaker
    WordMole
    Sudoku
    Password Keeper
    Tasks
    Calculator
    Word/Sheet/Slideshow To Go
    Video Camera
    Voice Notes
    Memory Cleaner
    Saved Messages
    08-18-09 05:39 PM
    Top unused pre-loaded apps for me:
    Connection manager.
    BrickBreaker.
    Search.
    Password Keeper.
    Maps.

I hardly, if ever used any of these.
    Thinking for a second here, shouldn't the connection manager and search be tucked away inside the "Help" application anyway? Whatever.

I love my BlackBerry, but RIM's menu designs for navigation leave me confuzzled half the time. Not exactly intuative.
    Wish I could pull an often-used feature "off" a menu and stick it on the desktop home page... Instead of having to dig through layers of menus and trying to remember "now, how did I get to that again?".
    I think I'd want to commit suicide if Search was tucked away in Help. Try searching for an e-mail that's a week or 2 old when you've got a huge inbox.

Here's my list of unused apps.

All of the "games" - I used to be addicted to BrickBreaker. But any BlackBerry "game" is a joke compared to the iPhone.
    Voice Dialing
    Voice Notes
    Maps - It's awful. RIM should just contract the maps application to Google like Apple and Palm have.
    All of the pre-loaded IM apps - I have Beejive so all of the IM apps are unnecessary to me.
    08-18-09 05:44 PM
    I also have hidden folder with icons I never use, some including:

Sprint Software Store
    Sprint Music Store
    Pocket Express
    Sprint TV
    Blackberry Maps
    Sprint Navigation
    Yahoo Messenger
    Help
    Voice Dialing
    Brick Breaker
    08-18-09 05:47 PM
    Any BB Game
    Tasks
    Voice Dialing
    Password Keeper
    Blackberry Maps
    Help
    Documents to Go
    08-18-09 06:02 PM
    I'm a Business user:

My least used features would be
    -Voicenotes
    -GPS
    - Password keeper

Garmin makes a very nice GPS unit, blackberry does not come close yet
    and voicenotes take longer to use then my voicemail by vonage which will e-mail me a file of my voice note.
    08-18-09 06:11 PM
    Removed apps:
    Brickbreaker
    VAD (Oh yea I was freaked out when About option stop working)

Least used:
    Voice Notes Recorder
    Help
    Search
    Calculator
    Setup Wizard
    Camera and Video Camera
    Turn Power Off
    08-18-09 06:55 PM
    I have never used voice notes, certificate search, or documents togo.
    08-18-09 07:19 PM
    What is password keeper? I definitely don't use voice dialing since I have young ones around all the time and voice dial would probably never work with them screaming in the background.
    08-18-09 07:23 PM
    HOLLA!! Useless folder is the BOMB!!
    Yeh it is. Didn't even know you could MAKE a folder till I read this thread.

Desktop's a lot cleaner now
    08-18-09 07:27 PM
    I am surprised some people don't use BBM. I think that is the #1 reason I have a BlackBerry still. Also, BrickBreaker is my crack.
    08-18-09 07:42 PM
    I believe I have found a way to delete all the useless add-ons from at&t at least...

options>advanced options>service book..then from there just scroll and go through all the one's you wish to delete..press the menu button and choose delete.

once you go back to the home screen there gone. i'm guessing they delete since they're gone, if anyone would like to correct me feel free..
    08-18-09 07:43 PM
    I believe I have found a way to delete all the useless add-ons from at&t at least...

options>advanced options>service book..then from there just scroll and go through all the one's you wish to delete..press the menu button and choose delete.

once you go back to the home screen there gone. i'm guessing they delete since they're gone, if anyone would like to correct me feel free..
    This will only temporarily delete them. Once you receive your service books again, they will reappear...unfortunately!
    08-18-09 08:07 PM
    I am surprised some people don't use BBM. I think that is the #1 reason I have a BlackBerry still. Also, BrickBreaker is my crack.
    I rarely use BBM. I would use it more, but I only know one person who has a BB.
    08-18-09 08:11 PM
    This will only temporarily delete them. Once you receive your service books again, they will reappear...unfortunately!
    Do you know if there is any way to permanently delete them?
    08-18-09 08:11 PM
    Here's another newbie to Crackberry!
    Useless Apps-Password Keeper, Media Player(even though I keep family pictures on that), The calculator(Waaay to clumsy) and blackberry messenger!

Can't wait to get my hands on a Storm 2! I passed on the original storm and was that a good call!
    08-18-09 08:19 PM
    search, bluetooth, my faves, docs to go, aol chat, icq chat
    08-18-09 08:30 PM
    I have a ton of apps on my Bold that I have never and probably will never use. These apps came with the OS and I wish I could get them off - but if they have to stay - it's no biggy with me...

Here's my list of unused/unwanted apps/features...XM Radio - AT&T navigator - Search - Games - mediaNet - AT&T Mall - Music ID - Yellow Pages Mobile - PacMan - Scrabble - Tetris - Music videos - Mobi TV - Make-Ur_Tones - Brain challenge - TwitterBerry - Community - Cv - Shop Music -My Cast Weather - and Visual Voice Mail.

I think that AT&T should set it up so that those apps/features will just delete themselves from your phone after about 6 months if you don't subscribe to them.

Peace...
    I totally agree with you. These programs just trash the whole look of the blackberry or any phone for that matter.

If you haven't purchased it after several months, it should be discontinued options and discarded from the phone's service book. Better yet, offer the user an 'OPT OUT' option on these apps and/or features.

CAN YOU SAY "KICK-BACKS"
    08-18-09 08:46 PM
239 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD