What extra innovative ideas should be added in BlackBerry? Please reply with your ideas. May be, many dramatic and historic ideas may come from us. Definitely that will be helpful for the developers. So, why not posting our ideas in the forum? Enjoy
    01-29-11 09:20 PM
    Even simple things like a thermometer and a fm radio would satisfy me....

Gotta love Nokias!
    OnlyFone.com likes this.
    01-29-11 09:21 PM
    3.5" WVGA Capacitive AMOLED screen with slideout Bold 97xx keyboard, 5MP Camera with 720p. 2GB App Space and 4-16GB internal SD Card with External SD Card Slot.

Better menus and menu organization.

FM Radio would be nice. Windows Media DRM Support would be super (for Zune Pass - Nokia has this). HTML5 browser. BIS-pushed RSS.

Native (C/C++) APIs for better performing applications (which use less memory). A better SDK.

A way to completely reboot the device without pulling the battery out (built-in quickpull?)

Exchange ActiveSync Support (Email, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes) in BIS would be ******* awesome for those of us who use Exchange but don't have BES.

Windows Live Calendar Sync support.

A new Bold device that doesn't have a 50%+ defect rate (like the 9780), or a Curve 9330 with a 3.2MP+ Cam and Flash and Bold screen.

Multi-protocol push IM client for Blackberries.
    01-29-11 10:20 PM
    Any changes on BBM?
    01-29-11 10:58 PM
    A finger print reader under the screen so can unlock ur phone by placing a finger or thumb on the screen
    01-30-11 11:24 AM
    A way to completely reboot the device without pulling the battery out (built-in quickpull?)
    OS 6 already has this, just FYI.
    01-30-11 11:28 AM
    I didn't see it. When I spoke to tech support they made me physically pull the battery out 3x.
    01-30-11 11:52 AM
    I didn't see it. When I spoke to tech support they made me physically pull the battery out 3x.
    On the physical keyboard, press Alt + right Shift + Delete keys at the same time. Although I'm not sure that's exactly the same because reboot time that way seems to be generally quicker than doing a battery pull.

Things I'd like to see added are more customizable icons, like the ability for the user to replace either oneior an entire set of icons and the ability to install (and remove) icon packs without needing an entire theme; and I'd love to see soft BB and Back buttons on the touch screen for devices that have one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 18to12fitty; 01-30-11 at 12:26 PM.
    01-30-11 12:22 PM
    Inovative vs copying everyone else??

I'd like to see them try and take the Style to a new level, make it Nintendo DS like being 2 touchscreens. But with a very minial boarder so it acts like a single screen I don't believe anyome has addressed this idea.

I'd also like to see an expansion of the Made for Blackberry accessory line, build a docking port, or use OTG USB and make cases that double as a business card scanner, or proximity to contact detectors, GPS takes you so far but what about finding that girl friend in a mall who is ignoring her txts and she has your credit card!!

I wouldn't mind if they offered a remapping keyboard option to remap your keyboard to another standard, or build your own standard, qwerty isn't thumb friendly

01-30-11 12:59 PM
    The ability to backup/restore the device (apps/data/settings) to/from the SD card. You could set the device to backup every night and then you could do a quick restore whenever needed. Backups can be encrypted/password-protected. Restores can be full or selective - like one app w data only. It was possible to do this on a Treo 10 years ago so it's not "innovative" but it would be a big step forward for RIM.
    01-31-11 12:26 AM
    Update BlackBerry Maps (a lot) and add free voice turn by turn directions and a usable POI search.

Whens the last time BlackBerry Maps had any kind of update? Geez.

01-31-11 12:30 AM
    Inovative vs copying everyone else??

I'd like to see them try and take the Style to a new level, make it Nintendo DS like being 2 touchscreens. But with a very minial boarder so it acts like a single screen I don't believe anyome has addressed this idea.

I'd also like to see an expansion of the Made for Blackberry accessory line, build a docking port, or use OTG USB and make cases that double as a business card scanner, or proximity to contact detectors, GPS takes you so far but what about finding that girl friend in a mall who is ignoring her txts and she has your credit card!!

I wouldn't mind if they offered a remapping keyboard option to remap your keyboard to another standard, or build your own standard, qwerty isn't thumb friendly

Hey man, that 2 touch screen, Nintendo DS idea, is a darn good one. That would come in useful and fun for games too.

01-31-11 12:52 AM
    A touchscreen on the inner screen of the Style would be nice. A touchscreen on the outer screen would get rid of one of the things that makes the clamshell so nice: no ****-dialing. Unless there was a way to turn off the touchscreen feature of the outer screen, I wouldn't want it.

What I would like is the ability to add more tabs or take them away (ALL, MEDIA, ETC) on the home screen.

Really innovative? I would like to see a solar cell put on the phone that would feed in directly to the battery and help keep it charged.
    01-31-11 02:14 AM
    A touchscreen on the inner screen of the Style would be nice. A touchscreen on the outer screen would get rid of one of the things that makes the clamshell so nice: no ****-dialing. Unless there was a way to turn off the touchscreen feature of the outer screen, I wouldn't want it.
    my desire ISN'T for the outter Screen to be replaced with a touch screen, but the keyboard part of the clam to be replaced with a touch screen!
    01-31-11 08:32 AM
    my desire ISN'T for the outter Screen to be replaced with a touch screen, but the keyboard part of the clam to be replaced with a touch screen!
    Then it would REALLY seem like a tricorder!
    01-31-11 06:54 PM
    What extra innovative ideas should be added in BlackBerry? Please reply with your ideas. May be, many dramatic and historic ideas may come from us. Definitely that will be helpful for the developers. So, why not posting our ideas in the forum? Enjoy
    A dramatic but not innovative idea: no "extrra, innovative ideas." Polish. Polish. Polish. For instance, let my browser's zoom function know what text and linebreaks are. Not a mind-blowing innovation, but that would make me happier than any new bell or whistle mounted to the dash.

02-01-11 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD