If I wanted an iPhone, Android or WinPhone and/or truly believed any of them were 'better' than what I have, I can assure you I would already have one.

The fact of the matter is, app selection aside, BB7 is not that far behind the the others, either from a hardware or a software perspective. I'll give you that BB doesn't offer the same full touch-screen experience as the others, but that isn't what those of us to whom you're posing this question buy BB's for. Ditto for LTE and the just-won't-go-away front-facing camera argument. BB7 OS is pretty rock-solid and feature-packed. The devices themselves, while not dual-core as so many would have us believe is absolutely required, are 1.2 ghz single-cores with integrated graphics processing. They are not slouches.

As I noted in another post, most of the people complaining that BB is so far behind everyone else are those who haven't actually used the latest BB phones.
    FWIW, I have smartphones with all of the aforementioned mobile operating systems (BB 7 OS, Android OS, iOS, and Windows Phone OS, plus I also have a webOS smartphone), and IMO, BB 7 OS IS pretty far behind the other mobile operating systems currently available. (As an aside, my Bold 9930 is the most recently-released smartphone I currently have.)
    07-04-12 08:52 PM
    I'm waiting for my new TV that will be deliverd tomorrow!

As for waiting on BB10.... nope.... I like what I have now and it works for me. I will review it when it gets here, not a moment before.

Life is too short to be waiting for one thing or the other....
    I hear too many people at work on a Monday morning asking if it's Friday yet.... Drives me crazy!
    07-04-12 09:00 PM
    Define "we". Do you have a mouse in your pocket or are you presuming that you speak for all of us?
    07-04-12 09:33 PM
    I am not waiting, I recently switched my personal device to an iPhone. That said, I miss the keyboard and the LED notification light.

I switched to get access to FaceTime, iMessage, iCloud and Exchange Active Sync. I already had a Mac and iPad so did not see the point in switching to Android (particularly after iCloud was announced).

Third party apps were not a concern (I could run them on my iPad) but the situation with BB OS 7 is pretty dire compared to iOS.
    jebulls likes this.
    07-04-12 09:45 PM
    FWIW, I have smartphones with all of the aforementioned mobile operating systems (BB 7 OS, Android OS, iOS, and Windows Phone OS, plus I also have a webOS smartphone), and IMO, BB 7 OS IS pretty far behind the other mobile operating systems currently available. (As an aside, my Bold 9930 is the most recently-released smartphone I currently have.)
    Yea the one that really surprised me was WebOS. I love that OS and I really didn't know until recently just how advanced their phones were! The Pre 3 for example launched(and was killed off) within a month of OS 7 devises. Yet it had a 1.4GHz SnapDragon processor, FFC and even a lot of the gesturing and swiping that BB10 looks like it will have not OS 7.
    07-04-12 10:59 PM
    Iphone lacks LED and removable battery. Phone is fragile.

Android is way too big, Google wants too much info and the virtual keyboard can't keep up with me. There is no delete all in email, it uses tons of data. Phone is fragile.

I haven't tried a Windows phone yet.

BlackBerry has what I need in a device. I like the BlackBerry UI and how it fits together. Security, battery, durability.

I'm eventually get a BlackBerry 10 physical keyboard device. I'm not waiting though, I love mt 9930. Best phone I've had and I'll probably be using this another year or so.
    I have high hopes for BB10 and hope both the touch screen and physical keyboard do well and if so I will check them both out! I have to disagree about you saying the iphone is fragile. Most solid phone I have ever owned to date.....
    07-04-12 11:07 PM
    @ Harmony or Ynomrah...

Here's interesting news from iMore....

http://www.imore.com/2012/07/05/appl...contacts-spam/
    07-05-12 03:33 PM
    its obvious BBM, blackberry messenger, no other messenger service does it like bbm, also in countries like mine its king, you see a girl u start talking to her, you know what u get not her number but her pin, i have girls ive met and got friendly with and i dont even have their number just their pin, it would just be cool to have a phone capable of bbm and have an iphone ecosystem with apps and cool stuff, like video chat, hints of bbm video chat options linking with the playbook opens so much possibility and its for this that i hold out hope
    07-05-12 03:41 PM
    I have high hopes for BB10 and hope both the touch screen and physical keyboard do well and if so I will check them both out! I have to disagree about you saying the iphone is fragile. Most solid phone I have ever owned to date.....
    Drop it on concrete from around ear or waist high.
    07-05-12 03:41 PM
    @ Harmony or Ynomrah...

Here's interesting news from iMore....

http://www.imore.com/2012/07/05/appl...contacts-spam/
    Oh, try to be serious here. Nobody cares about mobile security, don't you know.

They should write it right out of BB10. I sure hope that integrating security isn't part of the delay.
    07-05-12 03:51 PM
    This is a serious question I've been asking myself.

Why do we wait for BB10 when there is IPhone, Android and the emerging WP?

All have been better phones for years and continue to get better.

So why do we stick to BB and why do we wait for BB 10? Especially that these new phones will be out months before BB10.

I posted that I was switching and asked advice on what to switch to, but I keep wanting to wait. I can't just figure out why.

It's not like we get paid for staying with BB. It's not like BB has more to offer and it's not like their devices that are much behind the others are cheaper.

Theres a sony hayabusa phone coming out that's mouth watering.

Someone please tell me straight up, why do we wait?

For me, i hate all touch screens. They are complicated. I guess the keyboard, the track pad, menu, talk, end, back buttons.

All that is over. I can't imagine a physical keyboard bigger than the 9900. I imagine it being pretty ugly. Based on some phones I've seen that tried it and failed.

Even with the things I like, is that even a good enough reason to stay compared to these amazing other phones?

Do we just like the name "BlackBerry"?

Not to mention they continue to screw us over.

Someone seriously explain to me, why do we stay or wait?

I really don't want to hear about people being faithful. That's kind of a cop out or a lame excuse. Faithful to who or what? And how does that benefit you?
    Just as you don't want to hear about people being faithful, many of us really don't care if anyone waits, switches to another device or likes or dislikes BlackBerry. In other words, most of us use what works for us and couldn't care less if anyone approves of our choice of device or not. Frankly, we do not need to discuss this same topic over and over again, ad nauseum. Sorry if I seem to be flippant or rude about it, I don't mean to be, and I'm not trying to belittle you. I just think that you should do what you want. Make a decision!
    07-05-12 03:52 PM
    Oh, try to be serious here. Nobody cares about mobile security, don't you know.

They should write it right out of BB10. I sure hope that integrating security isn't part of the delay.
    Oh you're right......

If I don't run antivirus I could have a Frappucino every single afternoon..and who needs ADT anyway....and really, why lock the car, such a time waster....and passwords?!?!? That's. SOOOOO cold war .....
    07-05-12 04:11 PM
    Last year my brother in law had every one of his contacts receive an email as he being in vacation in Madrid (he lives in Orlando, Fl) and having had a trouble and needing his friends to send him money so he could travel back to the USA. He had he's email client synced on his Iphone. I don't know if this was it's iphone fault. What do you think?
    07-05-12 04:34 PM
    Last year my brother in law had every one of his contacts receive an email as he being in vacation in Madrid (he lives in Orlando, Fl) and having had a trouble and needing his friends to send him money so he could travel back to the USA. He had he's email client synced on his Iphone. I don't know if this was it's iphone fault. What do you think?
    Most likely not. I know people who use dumbphones who have received those emails.
    That's most likely phishing that is unrelated to any platform. They're pervasive in social media sites such as MySpace.
    They're everywhere.
    07-05-12 04:44 PM
    It must be Bush's fault!!!
    07-05-12 04:48 PM
    I am not waiting on BB anything anymore. If the iPhone 5 is not out in October than its the Galaxy SIII for me and I'm not looking back. If BB ever comes out with anything that causes me to look forward instead of backwards then I will look at them again otherwise its full steam ahead. I am so tired of being 2 generations behind everybody else sticking and clinging to BB waiting on the next better thing that still is behind everybody else
    07-05-12 08:50 PM
    I'm just patiently wait for t-mobile to lower the price of the 9900, or update the 9360 to 7.1 OS.
    07-05-12 11:41 PM
    Oh...another reason I am absolutely satisfied with my BB...the radio.
    Silly thing...I know. I'm more concerned with a phone's ability to catch and hold on to a signal than how many cores, pixels, whatever there are on the device. Because if you can't catch a signal, it's just a beautiful brick.
    Example:
    I am standing in line at the county assessor's office to pay my for a kennel license. Not going to breed dogs, but I want one more than I'm allowed. Anyway, as I stand here I decided to read up on CB. Took out my Skyrocket, which I love. No signal. Circle with a line through it.
    Take out 9900. Five bars, 4G.
    I'm standing in the same spot, same carrier, one phone in each hand in front of me.
    I took screenshots but of course, can't load it now because I haven't got a signal on the Skyrocket. Brick. Gorgeous brick. LTE, dual core, lightnig fast screaming....brick.
    I will post the screenshots when the Skyrocket has a signal.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 07-06-12 at 05:02 PM.
    07-06-12 11:35 AM
    Oh...another reason I am absolutely satisfied with my BB...the radio.
    Silly thing...I know. I'm more concerned with a phone's ability to catch and hold on to a signal than how many cores, pixels, whatever there are on the device. Because if you can't catch a signal, it's just a beautiful brick.
    Example:
    I am standing in line at the county assessor's office to pay my for a kennel license. Not going to breed dogs, but I want one more than I'm allowed. Anyway, as I stand here I decided to read up on CB. Took out my Skyrocket, which I love. No signal. Circle with a line through it.
    Take out 9900. Five bars, 4G.
    I'm standing in the same spot, same carrier, one phone in each hand in front of me.
    I took screenshots but of course, can't load it now because I haven't got a signal on the Skyrocket. Brick. Gorgeous brick. LTE, dual core, lightnig fast screaming....brick.
    I will post the screenshots when the Skyrocket has a signal.
    I believe this...but one thing I might suggest is trading out the SIM card. As I've been switching back and forth between the 9930 and Rezound on the same line, each time I go back to the Rezound I have to get a new SIM card (why? i have no idea). I noticed that suddenly I wouldn't have signal in certain places where normally I would. It was so bad that I went back to Verizon and they said it was probably a SIM issue. They swapped out the SIM again and things were back to normal. Now the only place I can never get signal (in any device i use) is, conveniently, my workplace :P.
    07-06-12 11:41 AM
    Ha!!! I will definitely go to AT&T after I leave here.
    One word...this also happens consistently in the DC Metro. I can stay on the phone longer on the BB than I can on the Skyrocket or the iPhone when I had it.
    But I will definitely try your suggestion!!! Thank you!
    07-06-12 11:46 AM
    I am not waiting on BB anything anymore. If the iPhone 5 is not out in October than its the Galaxy SIII for me and I'm not looking back. If BB ever comes out with anything that causes me to look forward instead of backwards then I will look at them again otherwise its full steam ahead. I am so tired of being 2 generations behind everybody else sticking and clinging to BB waiting on the next better thing that still is behind everybody else
    Yet, if your profile is correct, you're still using a two-generation-old Torch. Hardly the device to be comparing to everyone else's technological supremacy. Either the thing works for you or it doesn't. It doesn't matter if it's ahead or behind or from a different galaxy beamed down from the mothership.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 07-06-12 at 11:52 AM.
    07-06-12 11:47 AM
    It is simple, we are waiting for the next BlackBerry system. Do they screw us? I think they screw themselves by you expressing your feelings on how things are with BlackBerry(RIM). There is really no reason to wait unless you think BB10 will meet your needs. If this frustrates you this much then I would go to the phone store and look around. If you find another device you like then get.
    Don't let a cell phone upset you.
    07-06-12 11:55 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD