Hello, I am a new blackberry owner, as well as member of these forums.

I have a blackberry storm

My question is, obviously whats the easiest way to upload music?? What program should I use to upload with?

here is a little backstory...

The only way I can get all the songs I want is if i take them from Itunes. I know I have to change the format, which i have a program that does so. I know how to do all of that. Its just I want to keep all of my album names, artist names, and whatnot the same as they are in Itunes.

Iv had to delete my library and start over because of that once already.

Thanks for the help.
    12-10-08 03:09 PM
    Can't say for sure about he Storm, however:

If you have resolved the iTunes issues so that you have music that has the DRM protection removed used the BB Media Sync program to sync your iTunes playlists to your BB. I use this on my curve and it preserves all the data the way I think you want to.
    12-10-08 03:39 PM
    I would enable Mass Storage Mode Support from Options -> Memory (on the BB). Then you can just drag and drop your files into the Music folder on the BB. That's after converting them into mp3 format.

My biggest complaint about iTunes, and maybe this is just with the iPod, is that it doesn't see duplicate files and will place more than one copy of a song onto your device.
    Last edited by jokerls240; 12-10-08 at 09:39 PM.
    12-10-08 08:41 PM
    joker is correct. Mass media mode + drag/drop, best way to go!
    12-10-08 09:33 PM
    I have found that pulling out the microsd and poppong it into my thinkpad,s integrated card reader is significantly faster wheb transferring a lot of files such as your entire music collection. This wa sais before but bb will not play back your drm protected music. For that reason, I purchase all my music from amazon or napster rather than itunes. If you have a lot of drm music, you will have to convert them into wav files using a free tool such as audacity and convert them into mp3 or a format of your choice. You will lose a bit of quality but it will be acceptable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 12:42 AM
    I would enable Mass Storage Mode Support from Options -> Memory (on the BB). Then you can just drag and drop your files into the Music folder on the BB. That's after converting them into mp3 format.

My biggest complaint about iTunes, and maybe this is just with the iPod, is that it doesn't see duplicate files and will place more than one copy of a song onto your device.
    Bravo! Simplest way to go
    12-11-08 12:57 AM
    my phone says mass storage mode support "on" auto enable mass storage mode when connected "yes"
    i don't have a media card - do i need one?

from the desktop manager how do i get my songs off my computer to my phone?
    05-22-09 09:33 AM
    The phones have very little internal memory (file/music storage room) so you will not really be able to place many tunes on your phone without a media card. They are fairly cheap so get the largest you can afford if you want music (and video and photos) on the device. Make sure you check how larger of a card can be used - it depends both on the device and the OS of the phone - newer OS's allow larger cards generally.
    05-22-09 10:16 AM
    sounds good, i'll check into the cards

thanks
    05-22-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD