Note, this is NOT meant to be hardware related. So stuff like want bigger keyboard, touch screen, faster cpu, etc doesn't count.

Otherwise, pretty much see the topic.

Darn little BB is pretty functional but a few nicks and picks I wish it had..

• Turn by turn audio nav at a reasonable price.
    • Nav with local maps i.e. not data streaming.
    • Be totally hands free when in car for nearly all functions.
    • Ability to remap ANY key to one press launch ANY program or function.
    • Wish 'page up' was done with 1 key i.e. not 'shift + Space'.
    • Want native ability to undelete emails/sms/etc.
    10-24-10 05:38 PM
    automatic battery charging through solar powered panels.
    10-24-10 05:41 PM
    Ability to reprogram the top right key to a convenience key
    10-24-10 05:47 PM
    You talking about the side volume key or P key?
    10-24-10 05:57 PM
    You talking about the side volume key or P key?
    the mute key
    10-24-10 06:04 PM
    >user defined Colour Coded Calendars
    >user defined Primary phone number for a contact
    >contact manager that allows hierarchy of contacts, and ability to assign specific number to a specific contact**
    >voicedial from Contact nickname
    >Top and Bottom commands within BBM contact list
    >reliable business card scanning with Camera
    >Native Scream command when calling phone and pressing a command to find lost phone

**I'll explain this in detail, Example I have 10 contacts working at company XYZ, all contacts have the same Office number + extension, when Calling them I can define who I am calling because of the extension, but when a call comes in I can't have a Master Identifier for the Company, like XYZ is calling. it will tell me the name,
    ALSO I want to fill out a Contact as a Business, then populate the business with employee's so I fill out
    Company name
    Company address
    Company Fax
    Company Office number
    then I can apply'
    Employee Name
    Employee Extension
    Employee email
    Employee Mobile
    Employee PIN
    and I can add employee's to this, without having to re add all the company info, and I can link said employee's to each other in a hierarchy of status so when I open contact Company XYZ, I can see ALL employee names listed, then select the name and open the details about them.
    10-24-10 06:47 PM
    mobile hotspot.
    10-24-10 07:18 PM
    lol @ kellyjdrummer! well i want my bb to cook, clean, drive for me.
    10-24-10 07:34 PM
    Non-truncated emails beyond 32k in size.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 09:56 PM
    Non-truncated emails beyond 32k in size.

Ditto, and the ability to download large attachments.

10-24-10 10:20 PM
    I'd like my Torch to make a sound or vibration to notify me that I am getting a strong enough cell signal to make a phone call so I don"t have to try to drive and look at the tiny signal icon for full bars. The sound should be customizable so that you can choose the sound, sound volume and to what limit it starts to notify you. ( example: signal should be x strength at least x seconds ) It should be easily enabled and disabled from the screen or convenience key. I would Gladly pay $5-$10 for this little utility to make my driving safer going through spotty signal areas. It shouldn't be too hard for somebody to map the signal strength reading to a sound generator application. If any of you developers are reading this and create one, I'll be your beta tester.

Another app I could use in my area where att coverage is very spotty outside of town, could be a GPS enabled signal strength map that is layered over google maps which can direct a person to the nearest strong signal area for their carrier.
    10-24-10 10:26 PM
    A folder for deleted messages
    10-24-10 10:32 PM
    [*]Wish 'page up' was done with 1 key i.e. not 'shift + Space'.[/LIST]
    To go up and down the page, just hit "T" for Top of the page and "B" for Bottom of the page.

10-24-10 10:35 PM
    Until i am able to sit back and enjoy a cigarette and a coffee in the morning while my blackberry drives me to university in the morning I will nevery be happy.
    10-25-10 01:52 PM
    Totally agree. I want to be able to use a side convenience key to put my phone in standby, as it's something I do all the time, and the side keys are easier to press than the top.
    10-25-10 01:55 PM
    It can do everything id wish it would lol
    10-25-10 02:01 PM
    A non java based OS. I have both the 9700 and an iphone 4 and wish the 9700 had a better OS.

Although its fast, downloading a 1MB APP takes forever because of the burst-freeze effect. I assume thats java at work.

also I dont like the browser taking 3 minutes to load a full size page while the iphone takes 20 seconds.

also put a retina display in the blackberry as well
    10-25-10 02:25 PM
    DeRusset: Are you using Groups in phone book? It's not perfect for all my groups, for some reason possibly related to their company phone system some companies do show correct incoming person, others show wrong one, but does help with showing each person in the company & allowing me to chose instantly which to dial. Hierarchy as far as I can tell is limited to order in which I enter them into the group. But can show position in contact. To work around the incoming caller issue for the company that doesn't work as expected, I have Company A execs set to use ringer x & Company A staff with ringer y set up.

-----
    I find the organizer doesn't do it all for me. I use a combo of
    Mozilla Sunbird Calendar, Tudumo, & Freemind on my PC, & wish they worked / synced with BB. (& I don't want to sync them via Google, unlike most people, I like my life to be my business.) Also would like visual voicemail, & ability to assign different colored ringers to callers natively. I also wish there were a way to finetune my incoming mail, such that certain emails wouldn't come to my bb at all, but only to my computer, or at least they could be immediately sorted into another (not urgent) folder. Be nice to be able to auto sort incoming email by sender.

I'd like an easier way to sort pictures/music. Very hard to move pics on the phone, or figure out which folder they're stored in. & can someone tell me whether the desktop manager has any way to view saved pictures/music/emails/memos, address book? I backup to my computer, & short of choosing to restore an older date, & noting somewhere that my picture of "Auntie Em, Dorothy, & Toto" was saved on backup dated 1/1/2010 if I want to see or restore it to my phone, (or emailing to my computer, then saving it) how can I actually find & look at what's been backed up?

Oh, yes. Some phone #s use the simple phone keypad for their easy to remember #s. & I'd like a quick 1 button way to switch to old keypad letter style so I could input "RotoRooter" or "whatever" on my BB without having to think a-b-c was on 2, d-e-f was on 3 etc in order to dial these no longer easy to remember phone #s on the correct #. either that, or a small window to appear when requested while i'm within a call which would show a pic of the old layout so I could key in the number (or a pw created on the old keyboard which is also hard to visualize on the new ones).
    Last edited by cherimoya; 10-25-10 at 03:45 PM. Reason: thought of something else (again)
    10-25-10 03:15 PM
    For my torch so far Pandora or Sirus/XM app.
    10-25-10 03:20 PM
    DeRusset: Are you using Groups in phone book? It's not perfect for all my groups, for some reason possibly related to their company phone system some companies do show correct incoming person, others show wrong one, but does help with showing each person in the company & allowing me to chose instantly which to dial. Hierarchy as far as I can tell is limited to order in which I enter them into the group. But can show position in contact. To work around the incoming caller issue for the company that doesn't work as expected, I have Company A execs set to use ringer x & Company A staff with ringer y set up.

-----
    I find the organizer doesn't do it all for me. I use a combo of
    Mozilla Sunbird Calendar, Tudumo, & Freemind on my PC, & wish they worked / synced with BB. (& I don't want to sync them via Google, unlike most people, I like my life to be my business.) Also would like visual voicemail, & ability to assign different colored ringers to callers natively. I also wish there were a way to finetune my incoming mail, such that certain emails wouldn't come to my bb at all, but only to my computer, or at least they could be immediately sorted into another (not urgent) folder. Be nice to be able to auto sort incoming email by sender.

I'd like an easier way to sort pictures/music. Very hard to move pics on the phone, or figure out which folder they're stored in. & can someone tell me whether the desktop manager has any way to view saved pictures/music/emails/memos, address book? I backup to my computer, & short of choosing to restore an older date, & noting somewhere that my picture of "Auntie Em, Dorothy, & Toto" was saved on backup dated 1/1/2010 if I want to see or restore it to my phone, (or emailing to my computer, then saving it) how can I actually find & look at what's been backed up?

Oh, yes. Some phone #s use the simple phone keypad for their easy to remember #s. & I'd like a quick 1 button way to switch to old keypad letter style so I could input "RotoRooter" or "whatever" on my BB without having to think a-b-c was on 2, d-e-f was on 3 etc in order to dial these no longer easy to remember phone #s on the correct #. either that, or a small window to appear when requested while i'm within a call which would show a pic of the old layout so I could key in the number (or a pw created on the old keyboard which is also hard to visualize on the new ones).

I am using groups yes,
    But groups doesn't cut it
    I am a manufacturers rep, so for ONE of the 5 distributors I have the following groups
    XYZ - National Sales reps
    XYZ - Regional Sales reps
    XYZ - Inside Sales reps
    XYZ - Military Specific reps
    XYZ - Branch managers
    XYZ - Branch City ( 22 of these groups)

I have over 100 groups, as some contacts are actually in as many at 14 groups, I need groups, but I need faster more organized contact management, the Business contact could also be used for Families, Family name, address, house number than all the cellphone numbers.
    10-25-10 05:10 PM
    For my torch so far Pandora or Sirus/XM app.
    Is that supposed to be a limitation of the Torch, or are you just having trouble with it? Pandora at least is such a breeze with my Bold (and I thought it could run Sirius/XM but I haven't tried and I'm not certain I remember correctly.)

Losing Pandora would be a pretty major downgrade for a device that's supposed to be an upgrade, at least for me...
    10-26-10 11:25 AM
    Feed all of my pets, make the bed, redesign my web site, set up and tear down my drum kit for a gig, tons more stuff.
    I want mine to get me a beer, and be a TV remote too.
    10-26-10 11:59 AM
    1) Sort email by subject, sender or date.

2) Create templates and folders for email.

3) Deliver an entire email (read: No truncation)

4) Not rely on 3rd party apps to fill obvious and glaring holes in the "worlds best
    messaging device"
    10-26-10 12:09 PM
    I want mine to get me a beer, and be a TV remote too.
    Hubby got his Android to control our MythTV (like free DVR with no ads, for Linux.)
    Last edited by mrskittens; 10-26-10 at 12:10 PM. Reason: comma
    10-26-10 12:09 PM
    Is that supposed to be a limitation of the Torch, or are you just having trouble with it? Pandora at least is such a breeze with my Bold (and I thought it could run Sirius/XM but I haven't tried and I'm not certain I remember correctly.)

Losing Pandora would be a pretty major downgrade for a device that's supposed to be an upgrade, at least for me...
    Pandora works fine on the 9800
    Not sure about XM as I don't use it.

10-26-10 12:37 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD