We've bought them, we like them and their features but what does your own BlackBerry mean for you, personally, and not just the features that RIM or advertising may preach about.

BlackBerry for me is communication. Contact.

On the basic plain, it is a phone, but of course, also much more than that.

If I need to contact someone I'll call them. No response? Send them an SMS, an email, a Facebook message, a Twitter tweet, a BBM message, I'll check Windows Live Messenger too.

All of this, on my BlackBerry, quickly and easily. Emails and SMS pushed straight to my phone, neatly, in one place.

For leisure, Youtube, my favourite websites, RSS feeds, Music/Video player, and BB games.

We all bought our BB's for a reason but it seems only now, months after buying my Bold, that I am truly realising how powerful and exponentially impressive the BlackBerry devices are when put to good use.

What does your BlackBerry mean to you?
    12-17-09 10:14 AM

If I need to contact someone I'll call them. No response? Send them an SMS, an email, a Facebook message, a Twitter tweet, a BBM message, I'll check Windows Live Messenger too.
    Are you a stalker?

J/K

My BB means basically the same thing to me- contact. I only have one phone (no landline and you can't reach me at work) so I have to have it first of all.

I initially got the BB for free as a hand me down from my dad. I never really cared about having a smartphone before I got it. Sure I thought they were cool but now it is a necessity. Mostly because of email and browsing.
    12-17-09 10:23 AM
    To me...It means freedom.
    To my wife it means competition...lol.

Dm
    12-17-09 10:37 AM
    strange question...i guess it means technology
    12-17-09 10:47 AM
    strange question...i guess it means technology
    Haha +1
    Its my form of communication. I cannot be reached otherwise. My phone is always with me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 10:54 AM
    The handheld is my primary contact with the outside world. The computer is another but less useful device.

For me the BB is freedom. I no longer need to take a computer along when traveling and getting through airport security is so much easier without that big bag of goodies.
    12-17-09 11:30 AM
    For me it means not logging into my personal email and having to trawl through and delete hundreds of junk email because I forgot to check for a few days.

12-17-09 01:34 PM
    I don't have a computer-my bb does everything and more. Is my office in my pocket. Also my music, camera ,video, years ago you would have a bag for all these items. Now you have a bb. Perfect.

12-17-09 02:44 PM
    BB means my whole life... everything is on it
    12-18-09 05:16 PM
    My BB means communication. Not just with my friends but people I don't even know; from other cultures, or just different places. It's pretty cool to be constantly in touch with someone.

It also means productivity with me; sorting out emails, making appointments, and obviously phonecalls too.
    12-18-09 05:34 PM
    reliability. (and addiction)
    12-19-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD