So I have read some items about Wireless Reconcile and think that it pertains mostly for those on BES.

Do I need to have this on if I am on a BIS? Right now I have set my verizon account to push my email from gmail to my phone. I read my mail though the messages icon on my storm 9530. I am running OS 5.0.0.328 from verizon.

What does wireless reconcile on a BIS allow you to do?

Thanks
    Steve
    06-28-10 10:15 PM
    I would like to know as well... I have always wondered what 'Reconcile Now" does.
    06-28-10 10:36 PM
    Just to make sure that everyone knows that I am talking about the wireless reconcile option in the messages application.

Options>Email Reconciliation>Wireless Reconcile>On/Off

Not the Reconcile Now from the drop down menu.
    Thanks
    Steve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by nzdreamer55; 06-28-10 at 11:36 PM.
    06-28-10 11:15 PM
    I wish I knew as well. Started to make this thread a few weeks ago but never did..

06-28-10 11:30 PM
    OKay, so do you know what Reconcile now does? ...most likely they are related
    06-28-10 11:33 PM
    I'd like to know this as well. I noticed it, but I never took the time to research it.

06-28-10 11:35 PM
    Just want to make sure that this stays on track.

I'm interested in the option that can be set from within the messages app under Email Reconciliation.

Please remember that I am on a BIS, NOT a BES. My e-mail is pushed from verizon to my phone from my gmail account. I don't use outlook or other desktop email applications.

Thanks
    Steve
    06-28-10 11:39 PM
    I did find this: Blackberry Setup Instructions - Computing Services - University of Liverpool

It seems it is so you can manage your email from bith your phone and computer.. This is info is located about halfeay down the page.

06-28-10 11:40 PM
    great link...

copy/paste (in case anyone can't get to it)

-------------------------------------------

What does Wireless Reconcile mean?

This only applies to devices using version 1.8 of the Blackberry Internet Service. If you are using version 2.4 of the Blackberry Internet Service then this does not apply to you. Blackberry email is available on both the handheld device and the Blackberry Internet Service webclient. Wireless Reconcile is a way of matching the two, so that you can manage your emails on either the handheld or the webclient without needing to carry out the same actions on each. If you delete an email using the handheld, you can use Wireless Reconcile to cause the email to be deleted on the webclient, or if you want to delete several emails at the same time you can use the webclient to delete in bulk and then carry out a Wireless Reconcile to cause them to be deleted from the handheld. By default, Wireless Email Reconciliation is disabled.

To enable Wireless Reconcile from the handheld device:

From the main screen on the handheld, select Messages.
    Click the trackwheel and from the menu select Options.
    Scroll down to the email options and click the trackwheel to change the Delete On option to Mailbox & Handheld
    Scroll to the option for Wireless Reconcile and click the trackwheel to change the option to On
    Click the trackwheel and click Save
    To enable Wireless Reconcile from the webclient:

Select Profile
    In the Wireless Delete Options section click on permanent deletion
    Click in the box so that there is a tick next to Enable permanent deletion of messages on WebClient when messages are deleted from the handheld.
    Click Save
    The next time your device polls for a GPRS connection, the handheld device and the webclient will be reconciled. You can force an immediate reconcile by selecting the 'Messages' icon on the handheld, clicking the trackwheel and selecting 'Reconcile Now' from the menu. This will force an immediate reconcile with the mailbox.
    06-29-10 09:32 AM
    Thanks for the update. Guess I will leave it disabled. I delete Emails on my device in order to conserve memory space. When I delete it on my device I don't want it to be deleted in my mail client. I like being able to log into my mail client and apply labels/folders to those messages before archiving them.

06-29-10 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD