you can either select fast, normal, or slow...... i like about everything going fast but im not sure if i want my key rate doing it. what is the key rate anyways. you can find the option by going to options, screen/keyboard,key rate:
    Last edited by kasperapd; 05-10-07 at 06:28 AM.
    05-09-07 07:37 AM
    I thought it was to do with how quickly it flashed (the cursor), and if held down how quickly it would repeat the particular key you were holding down...
    05-09-07 10:01 AM
    sounds logical......anyone else?
    05-09-07 08:44 PM
    I have no idea, but I edited the thread title to make it more searchable
    05-10-07 06:28 AM
    I did a search and figured I would just bump this instead. I'm actually curious what this option does..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 01:16 AM
    its how fast the key repeats after holding it down. Put it on slow, type something then hold delete. Then put it on fast, type something and hold delete and you'll see the difference.
    06-23-08 12:18 PM
    Gotcha, so it pretty much only applies to deleting. Because holding a letter down just capitolizes it

06-23-08 12:23 PM
    its how fast the key repeats after holding it down. Put it on slow, type something then hold delete. Then put it on fast, type something and hold delete and you'll see the difference.
    Super! I wanted the delete key to be faster but never thought there could be an option to edit...Its a BB gah!! I should've known anything can be edited!

I think I should thoroughly dissect my options menu on my BB because this thread has made me realize that I probably know only 70% of what my phone's capable of editing!

Thanks dude...
    06-23-08 12:26 PM
    Gotcha, so it pretty much only applies to deleting. Because holding a letter down just capitolizes it

Increasing the key rate also cuts the time it takes for a letter to become capitalized when you hold it down. This will definitely help me out considering I take my lecture notes with my blackberry and need to capitalize things often lol.
    10-29-08 01:35 AM
    Buttons affected by Key Rate:

ENTER
    SPACE
    DELETE
    Capital letters

Thats all I'm aware of
    01-25-09 01:38 PM
    Buttons affected by Key Rate:

ENTER
    SPACE
    DELETE
    Capital letters

Thats all I'm aware of
    It also slighty changes the time it takes the app switcher pops up by holding the bb button... but not much
    01-30-09 09:33 AM
    Ha Sweetness!!!
    01-30-09 12:39 PM
    SexyLadyMD made a thread about this. Apparently it's for speedy typers.

Tip for all the "super texters"...
    01-30-09 01:47 PM
    For those users who have recently updated the Pandora app, the key rate is very sensitive. Holding down either the volume up or down keys will cause it to skip a song. Very annoying when you were trying to increase the volume on a song you liked
    10-26-10 11:57 AM
    I've wanted to know about this for ages too. Now on fast setting and the benefit is excellent.
    08-27-12 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD