I just got a missed call and then a voicemail, i deleted the voicmail and cleared out my call log. Now in the top left corner of my home screen (near my battery meter) there is a small icon that looks like a cassette tape. Can anyone tell me what this means?
    06-04-08 05:34 PM
    I believe its a new voicemail icon, if you deleted the voicemail and the icon is still there try taking your battery out (with your BB on) for 30 seconds and it should go away....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 05:37 PM
    sometimes my bb does that i just turn it off then on and it goes away, try the battery pull it will probly work
    06-04-08 05:41 PM
    My icon does not go away until I physically call the voice mail number and listen or delete the vm. (Alltel 8830)

06-04-08 05:45 PM
    My icon does not go away until I physically call the voice mail number and listen or delete the vm. (Alltel 8830)

Yeah, I did this and its still there. I will try a battery pull
    06-04-08 05:46 PM
    My old 8703e had that icon issue with the BBMessenger. A battery pull didn't fix it, but a few days later it it was gone. It could have been after a reboot.

06-04-08 05:50 PM
    Ok so i tried a battery pull and its still there. This is becoming annoying? How exactly do i go about rebooting my phone, the only time i have done it is when deleting applications.
    06-04-08 05:54 PM
    Leave yourself a voicemail. Check your voicemail, listen to the message and then delete it, but don't hang up. Follow the prompts for properly logging off the voicemail. That should fix it.

This can happen if you delete a message and hang up before the phone has gotten the signal that the message is gone. Going forward, don't hang up the phone until you see that the icon is gone.
    06-04-08 05:59 PM
    Thank you Flurry, that worked like a charm. You're right, thats exactly what i did. Hung up too quickly
    06-04-08 06:03 PM
    Exactly as the last poster said. The sprint guy told me to call and leave myself a msg and then delete it and it would go away. I tried it and it worked because ironically the first vm i got on my bb that happened. I havent had the prob since though. They just get hung up...no biggie. I had heard awhile ago to do the 7* which 7 is delete on a sprint.
    06-04-08 06:52 PM
    i have verizon and the voicemail icon does not go away until i call my voicemail, delete it, and exit the voicemail center. otherwise, the icon remains in the display.

im not sure how T-mobile works but it seems like it may be similar to how verizon works the vmails
    06-04-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD