Does this icon mean anything to anyone? I send this to our good friends at RIM (Premium) support and they are at a loss.

its on a TELUS 9700 (6.0)
    03-08-12 04:54 PM
    Maybe an App World update for your phone is available. Or one of your apps could have an update.
    03-08-12 05:20 PM
    Or try this (from another website)

Open your text messages and click the menu folder. From there go to view folder and scroll down to where you see new apps. Click on that and that should be your culprit. If not then open each of the other ones until you find the message.

HELP PLEASE!!! I have a white envelope with bb l... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    03-08-12 05:55 PM
    Yes buddy I had this same problem two years ago with Verizon and they didn't know either but it's in your message inbox.
    03-08-12 06:33 PM
    The update icon is just the bb logo, that's one of the "New App Available" messages, that sit in the Messages app.

I see it as official spam, as 99% of the time, the new app has nothing to do with you...
    03-08-12 06:47 PM
    They are usually sent to you from a third party app developer. Advertising their apps. Not so much an update, but a download. They are spam, and I wish I could stop em.
    03-08-12 07:13 PM
    This particular icon has been discussed more times than I can count in the forums.
    03-08-12 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD