1. T
    I'm on BIS. When my phone is starting up, one of the messages that appears on my screen (in addition to "verifying security software") is "Enterprise Configuration." What does this mean?
    08-19-10 12:23 PM
    Enterprise Configuration is how you set up access on a BES. Most likely, you do not need to worry about it as it is just giving you an option to attach to an Enterprise Server for work.
    08-19-10 01:13 PM
  3. T
    Enterprise Configuration is how you set up access on a BES. Most likely, you do not need to worry about it as it is just giving you an option to attach to an Enterprise Server for work.
    Thank you. But could I be on an enterprise server without knowing it? Is it possible I'm being spied upon? Is there some way RIM and/or my carrier could have me on BIS and BES at the same time or have me on BES and make it look like I'm on BIS? Before you laugh and say I'm paranoid, consider the possibility that a government (Saudi or CIA-USA) might find such a method beneficial.
    08-19-10 02:48 PM
    Thank you. But could I be on an enterprise server without knowing it? Is it possible I'm being spied upon? Is there some way RIM and/or my carrier could have me on BIS and BES at the same time or have me on BES and make it look like I'm on BIS? Before you laugh and say I'm paranoid, consider the possibility that a government (Saudi or CIA-USA) might find such a method beneficial.
    The answer to your question is both yes and no but depends largely upon where you obtained your device. As I explained in my thread about BES and BIS, if your device was provided by an employer, you would most certainly be on either BES or BESX and the odds that you are being monitored would be close to guaranteed. However, it is not, to my knowledge to have both enterprise and personal provisioning through your carrier. I know that it would not be possible with Verizon Wireless. The feature codes are mutually exclusive.

Here is what I think happened...I suspect that you purchased your own device and the rep simply clicked through to the activation screen which, in the case of some carriers, provision you for enterprise access by default. Simply call customer care for your provider and ask to be sent to technical support. Explain what is happening and ask them to reprovision your handset for BIS. You should be fine from there.
    08-19-10 08:38 PM
  5. T
    Here is what I think happened...I suspect that you purchased your own device and the rep simply clicked through to the activation screen which, in the case of some carriers, provision you for enterprise access by default. Simply call customer care for your provider and ask to be sent to technical support. Explain what is happening and ask them to reprovision your handset for BIS. You should be fine from there.
    Thanks again, gizmo_guy. I actually purchased the device at the Sprint store. Yes, the sales guy did thumb through the whole thing while setting it up, and he had to keep asking the other guy questions like, "Is that under the wrench, too?" But other than the anomaly I described, the device seems to be working fine. Is there any harm in leaving it like it is, or should I definitely call tech support?
    08-19-10 09:01 PM
    If you can log in to Sprint's website and look at the services associated with your device, it should probably tell you if you are setup for BIS or BES. I know this is the case for T-Mobile, but I can't speak for other carriers.
    08-19-10 10:32 PM
    If you can log in to Sprint's website and look at the services associated with your device, it should probably tell you if you are setup for BIS or BES. I know this is the case for T-Mobile, but I can't speak for other carriers.
    If you can log into Sprints BlackBerry website, it would be extremely unlikely for you to be provisioned for enterprise; your IT department most probably would not give you access to log into their BES. I strongly recommend that you call tech support. Incidentally, if you are provisioned incorrectly, the should refund you the difference in price for at least the last two months.

Also, when working with your smartphone account, never hesitate to ask for a senior rep or a manager. If it sounds like your rep does not know what they are doing, assume that they don't. It will save you a lot of headache.
    08-20-10 12:33 AM
  8. T
    Thanks again to both of you. Yes, I can log into my account at the Sprint site and see what's there for services. I'm on the simply everything plan, and I can see that BlackBerry Enterprise is available for $20 more but that box is not checked. I also can log into my account at Sprint's BIS page and manage my pushed email accounts. So maybe I'm all set. If I'm feeling ambitious, maybe I'll call tech support and ask about it anyway.
    08-20-10 06:49 AM
    Wow, I cannot believe that this conversation is still going on.

If you are not on a BES (and you would know if you were ... plus there would be information listed in the Enterprise Activation area), the you don't have anything to worry about.

Situation normal. No need to call tech support.
    08-20-10 11:02 AM
  10. T
    Wow, I cannot believe that this conversation is still going on.

If you are not on a BES (and you would know if you were ... plus there would be information listed in the Enterprise Activation area), the you don't have anything to worry about.

Situation normal. No need to call tech support.
    Thank you, but why is my device splashing "enterprise configuration" on its screen when it boot?
    08-20-10 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD