When I go into mobile network-data services-on/off what does that do exactly when I turn it off? Can I still call and text people with it off? Is it only for internet use?
    06-17-10 06:56 PM
    Its for internet and anything that uses data.

Phone calls and text messages do not use data. MMS might (not sure on this one), Email does.
    06-17-10 06:59 PM
    Ah ok thanks. So if all i do is text and call people and dont have a data plan would it be best to turn it off just to avoid situations like if I accidently open my browser from my pocket or something?
    06-17-10 07:08 PM
    Data is also used for mapping programs like GoogleMaps and even the Rim provided Mapping program. Most WEATHER apps also use data.
    06-17-10 07:34 PM
    When I go into mobile network-data services-on/off what does that do exactly when I turn it off? Can I still call and text people with it off? Is it only for internet use?
    10-09-16 03:39 AM
    Ah ok thanks. So if all i do is text and call people and dont have a data plan would it be best to turn it off just to avoid situations like if I accidently open my browser from my pocket or something?
    Yes its best to do that, as some prepaid plans without data sometimes though you don't have a data plan will allow you to use data, which they will charge you for per kb. On smart phones weather and location apps , Google play etc. constantly run in the background using data.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 09:31 AM
    Hahaha, Noob Quoted a six year old thread....Is there a question?
    10-09-16 10:19 AM
    Hahaha, Noob Quoted a six year old thread....Is there a question?
    Better late than never. ;-)
    Dang date so tiny on CB10 app.
    Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 10:30 AM
    On smart phones weather and location apps , Google play etc. constantly run in the background using data.
    Maybe an old thread but still interesting : I got a Samsung Galaxy S7 as my new 2017 Ford Escape's FordPass app would not run on my Z30 without Google Play. It gives me remote start which is not in the vehicle otherwise. It also gives me free nav, which I lack, on the QNX Sync3 screen when I plug in the S7 and it works with data turned off. (I gave the S7 to my wife, and will use for vehicle, but still use my Z30, my favorite phone ever)

BB, Still the One
    Last edited by TCB on Z10; 10-09-16 at 11:16 AM.
    10-09-16 10:47 AM
    In iOS you can also choose to close data for a specific app, for exemple when you close data for whatsapp it doesn't work until you choose otherwise while all the other apps are working as always...

I think it is a intelligent idea, for all the rest I prefer BlackBerry10

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD