Hi, the tariff I am looking at with o2 in the UK states "BB Unlimited" ............ what exactly does this mean?

Free push email and no Internet browsing?
    01-05-09 02:13 PM
    It means you get all data usage unlimited at one price. Email, internet, IM and so on.
    01-05-09 02:14 PM
    It might not include text messages (SMS/MMS), though. My AT&T Unlimited plan here in the US doesn't. If you do a lot of texting probably would pay to ask.
    01-05-09 02:17 PM
    It means you get all data usage unlimited at one price. Email, internet, IM and so on.
    Thanks for the reply mate.

Does the internet usage only extend to BB's edge etc or wold that include full net usage?
    01-05-09 02:17 PM
    It might not include text messages (SMS/MMS), though. My AT&T Unlimited plan here in the US doesn't. If you do a lot of texting probably would pay to ask.
    Thanks Spinny, it doesn't these are included extra. It is �35 pm for 400 mins anytime any network 500 texts and Unlimited BB. Free Handset.
    01-05-09 02:21 PM
    VZW & AT,T don't have free text that I know of Sprint does

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 07:17 PM
    just a reminder, the unlimited data does not cover roaming data. i am on an unlimited plan but i still have to pay for roaming whenever i travel out
    01-05-09 09:30 PM
    just a reminder, the unlimited data does not cover roaming data. i am on an unlimited plan but i still have to pay for roaming whenever i travel out
    What does roaming mean? Is this the same term as surfing the internet?

Ideally I'm after a tariff which gives me free internet usage and free email usage.
    01-06-09 05:49 AM
    BB unlimited it Blackberry unlimited basically unlimited web for blackberry devices. (web, emails, maps and other data applications I.M etc)

Roaming means roaming onto another network such as an O2 user going to USA, O2 does not have coverage their so you roam onto another network (piggy back) that has coverage in the USA who have a roaming agrement with O2 UK such as AT&T.

So whilst your in the USA you are roaming onto the american network who charge you for using their network so you incure roaming charges.

O2 do offer a BB roaming unlimited which is more expensive but give you unlimited data whilst roaming. Really good if you need to use googlemaps or email whilst abroad.

BB roaming is only needed whilst abroad, so BB unlimited is perfect for unlimited data whilst in the UK.
    01-06-09 06:08 AM
    BB unlimited it Blackberry unlimited basically unlimited web for blackberry devices. (web, emails, maps and other data applications I.M etc)

Roaming means roaming onto another network such as an O2 user going to USA, O2 does not have coverage their so you roam onto another network (piggy back) that has coverage in the USA who have a roaming agrement with O2 UK such as AT&T.

So whilst your in the USA you are roaming onto the american network who charge you for using their network so you incure roaming charges.

O2 do offer a BB roaming unlimited which is more expensive but give you unlimited data whilst roaming. Really good if you need to use googlemaps or email whilst abroad.

BB roaming is only needed whilst abroad, so BB unlimited is perfect for unlimited data whilst in the UK.
    c stanley, thank you for that information. (Apologies for the newbie questions) looks like the package will be perfect then as I'll mostly be surfing the internet and using occasional email.
    01-06-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD